2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

Not really. Talents supercedes things like this.  And he's loaded with talent.

Yes really. Stuff like this absolutely affects NBA evals. 

I mean, it might be something like being the 10th pick instead of the 8th, but it could matter. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes really. Stuff like this absolutely affects NBA evals. 

I mean, it might be something like being the 10th pick instead of the 8th, but it could matter. 

Two spots because he and his team had an off night, at altitude?

Guessing you're not looking to be an NBA GM any time soon.

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Dude he's been shitty since he got hurt in the Texas game and his team is better when he doesn't play. NBA GMs might chalk it up to playing through an injury - they might not. 

You really think these guys aren't examining every data point when they have a lottery pick? 

That said - NBA GMs make terrible decisions all the time. Wouldn't be surprised if someone wastes the 6th or 7th pick on him. 

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

to be fair, there's probably only a couple of hundred of us posting here that are qualified for such a position

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude he's been shitty since he got hurt in the Texas game and his team is better when he doesn't play. NBA GMs might chalk it up to playing through an injury - they might not. 

You really think these guys aren't examining every data point when they have a lottery pick? 

That said - NBA GMs make terrible decisions all the time. Wouldn't be surprised if someone wastes the 6th or 7th pick on him. 

You have some ifs and let's put them aside, especially the one about Baylor being better when George doesn't play.

Your original post said that George might lose two spots in the draft due to the tourney. That's where you should take a step back and re-assess. Scouts are examining every data point In making a lottery pick, including tournament play but that's a very small piece of it. So, so much more goes into it.  The idea that George may drop two spots in the draft, a huge drop, because of 4 hours this weekend is worthy of a good night's sleep and re-thinking that assertion. 

I'm not a fan of Baylor. More so, just a fan of objectivity.

41 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

You have some ifs and let's put them aside, especially the one about Baylor being better when George doesn't play.

Your original post said that George might lose two spots in the draft due to the tourney. That's where you should take a step back and re-assess. Scouts are examining every data point In making a lottery pick, including tournament play but that's a very small piece of it. So, so much more goes into it.  The idea that George may drop two spots in the draft, a huge drop, because of 4 hours this weekend is worthy of a good night's sleep and re-thinking that assertion. 

I'm not a fan of Baylor. More so, just a fan of objectivity.

I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything about the NBA, NBA draft or basketball recruiting. I don't need a lecture on how the NBA draft works. Thanks for the riveting argument about how Keyonte George can play as asstastic as he wants without altering his draft stock in the slightest. 

I'm curious as to how thin you think the margin is between the 9th and 11th pick in a typical NBA draft. Fucking Luka Doncic went 3rd a few years back. It doesn't take a lot. 

Edited by ztejas

• Pancho unpinned this topic