2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

I reallze there was exactly one lower seed that has won a game in the West, but I picked it and that region is perfect in my bracket.

I also picked Marquette and Zona to make the final 4 on the other side of the bracket 

i also realize…no one cares.

Edited by UTexasFight

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ohh man how much money was lost on that bad beat??

0.7 seconds left and under the opponents basket?!  Gonzaga just letting that ball roll up the court, a quick grab and shoot.  That's about as bad a beat as they come.

14 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I reallze there was exactly one lower seed that has won a game in the West, but I picked it and that region is perfect in my bracket.

I also picked Marquette and Zona to make the final 4 on the other side of the bracket 

i also realize…no one cares.

Picking a Shaka team to make the Final 4 more than offsets any choices you got right. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Probably 3 Big 12, 2 SEC if Self doesn't have a heart attack. 

Coming from a family with that type of surgery on the male side kinda glad Kansas didn’t advance (UT is better but) he needs to not be doing that. Just needs to relax and hopefully he will be ok. Blood clots are a huge deal after that. Standing on your feet screaming and scheming plays is bad for him.

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Coming from a family with that type of surgery on the male side kinda glad Kansas didn’t advance (UT is better but) he needs to not be doing that. Just needs to relax and hopefully he will be ok. Blood clots are a huge deal after that. Standing on your feet screaming and scheming plays is bad for him.

bluey-unicorse.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

George has definitely cost himself some money this tourney. 

I don't know about money but this was a very predictable result. I've been saying all year Baylor is much better without George and what does he do in the 2nd round? Shoots 1/10 and plays zero defense. 

I have no clue why Baylor continued to give him 25+ minutes a game but it cost them this season. Maybe he was promised those minutes? 

Honestly, I think we finished tied with Kansas in the Big 12 regular season if George doesn't get injured in Waco. 

Miami can beat Houston. They’re tough, physical, and athletic. Houston’s bully ball is not going to be something that throws Miami off like most teams. 

If we can beat Xavier it sets up nicely for the elite 8 because that Miami and UH game is going to be a war. Two of the most physical teams in the country.

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic

Was i the only one to think Musselman looks like a clown taking his shirt off? I get they beat Kansas, but they have multiple McDonald's all-Americans on their team. If anything they underachieved during the regular season and should have played to a higher seed.

Just a little early for all that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Was i the only one to think Musselman looks like a clown taking his shirt off? I get they beat Kansas, but they have multiple McDonald's all-Americans on their team. If anything they underachieved during the regular season and should have played to a higher seed.

Not at all. I thought he looked like a total moron with that shtick. 

My fiance isn't into sports that much, but even she asked who the village idiot was on the scorer's table blinding everyone. I soon as I said that's the Arkansas HC, she laughed and said that makes perfect sense.

Still a great coach though.

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's weird, I'm glad he does stuff like that -- it's what makes college sports fun. But at the same time, there's no championship level coach that's going to do that sort of garbage. That's pure "we had a good upset and that's the highlight of our season" energy.

See: Herman, Tom; putting on an imaginary backpack to make fun of Mizzou

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Nope.  He looked like a douchebag and a Napoleonic Complex made a redneck baby.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I thought it was great for the sport.  Don’t necessarily need to see Bob Huggins or Mark Adams do it, but risk is low.

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm old so readily admit I don't understand Twitter all the way. But did Jomboy basically just see a video on Twitter, then post it as though he made it or found it instead of replying/retweeting?

image.png.f43fa2b804bbda69c4e95c78f6c38685.png

image.png.5ab7ceccc48de312a426429cf4da8b5c.png

This happens a lot on Twitter. 

20 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

It's weird, I'm glad he does stuff like that -- it's what makes college sports fun. But at the same time, there's no championship level coach that's going to do that sort of garbage. That's pure "we had a good upset and that's the highlight of our season" energy.

See: Herman, Tom; putting on an imaginary backpack to make fun of Mizzou

That was the greatest thing Tom Herman ever did here and our fans should celebrate that one shining moment. That Mizzou team was full of dipshits and morons who ran their mouths and we were right to mock them. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That was the greatest thing Tom Herman ever did here and our fans should celebrate that one shining moment. That Mizzou team was full of dipshits and morons who ran their mouths and we were right to mock them. 

No they should not.

Coaches should be above that.  If the players wanted to mock him, I'm all for that.  The coaches are supposed to be fucking adults.  

Tom Herman is, was and always will be a fucking clown. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1