2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

What’s shitty is the 3 CBS games on day 3 and 4 of the first weekend are supposed to be their marquee games so why in the fuck did they choose Pitt/Xavier and not Baylor/Creighton or Indiana/Miami? Both of those are going to be better games 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What’s shitty is the 3 CBS games on day 3 and 4 of the first weekend are supposed to be their marquee games so why in the fuck did they choose Pitt/Xavier and not Baylor/Creighton or Indiana/Miami? Both of those are going to be better games 

Best guess is because they wanted Kentucky in an exclusive window, so they had to put this game first since they're both played in Greensboro.

Did the same thing with Duke yesterday, and the SDSU game first.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LonghornSean said:

Best guess is because they wanted Kentucky in an exclusive window, so they had to put this game first since they're both played in Greensboro.

Did the same thing with Duke yesterday, and the SDSU game first.

Yeah for years now they complete a region before any of the others get started. I’d just like to know the rationale here but I need to move on because I’ll never get an answer. 

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Because the real marquee game is in the 2nd and 3rd timeslot on Sunday (church and west coast morning time) and whichever arena hosts the 2nd game has to play the first game first or you’d have fans watching a game- waiting 2 windows before their next game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Marquette v Michigan State should be wild. Pretty much every game left (I mean I’m rooting for FDU against FAU but I think Princeton took the lone Cinderella spot moving forward…) have no idea about Indians v Miami because it seems like such an odd pairing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic