2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

52 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Duke has had 3 coaches take them to a title game. They were the 8th fastest school to 1,000 wins before coach K ever showed up. They've been good since 1960.

They probably will never have the same type of run that K did again but they're still going to put good teams together. 

Duke will be a top 5 job for the next 20 years at least as long as they can write the checks, which I am sure is no problem.  whether they will stay top 5-10 on the court is another question. I know it isn't the same as 20 years ago but being on the east coast still has some big advantages in basketball.

30 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Between Shaka and Barnes, I find it much easier to root for Barnes. He did a lot of good things for Texas and appears to be a genuinely good person. I can't get myself to root for Shaka unless he is coaching against Aggy or the sooners.

I feel I can root for both. This board likes to shit on Shaka, and I get it. I like to look at it as he knew he had to leave, and the did. He didn’t shit on the program on the way out. He’s at a basketball-only school, which maybe he thrives at. He got what he wanted, and Texas got what we wanted. It was a win/win for both. Barnes’ breakup with Texas was a bit nastier, although he produced more. 

I will never, ever root for Chris Beard (or the university of Mississippi) ever. They can both die in a fire. I think even the most ardent Shaka haters would gladly root for Shaka over beard. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Princeton defying the odds is a pretty cool ass story. I looked at their record and I know it’s IVY league and they got dissed for that but oddly enough I had them in my bracket (no one cares I KNOW.) just not sure what to make of them if they advance again. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Princeton defying the odds is a pretty cool ass story. I looked at their record and I know it’s IVY league and they got dissed for that but oddly enough I had them in my bracket (no one cares I KNOW.) just not sure what to make of them if they advance again. 

Ivy champs usually get seeded better than 15. Like 12/13/14. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

My only issue w Shaka is he got the UT job running havoc then doesn’t run it while he’s here. I haven’t kept up w him since but now from what I hear he’s at least implementing parts of it. Very frustrating 

It’s a little like marrying a girl with huge tits and she gets a reduction when you get home from the honeymoon.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

My only issue w Shaka is he got the UT job running havoc then doesn’t run it while he’s here. I haven’t kept up w him since but now from what I hear he’s at least implementing parts of it. Very frustrating 

RT runs more havoc than Shaka did here 😂

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

It’s a little like marrying a girl with huge tits and she gets a reduction when you get home from the honeymoon.

And then gets an augmentation when she gets with the next guy. It's hard not to take it personally.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Last 40 seconds really hurt Princeton. To give up those shots and have them go in, plus the turnover. 

incidentally, why shouldn’t that dribble out of a jump move be legal if the player still has their dribble?  

was thinking the same thing.  If the jump stop is legal then that should be legal.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Does Princeton have any scholarship players?

Per my buddy that got recruited there… Princeton skirts that rule almost totally and completely with their priority athletes. 

Just now, Beau Vine said:

fairy tale

Yeah- he wasn’t going to pay a dime to go to school there. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic