[SWEET SIXTEEN BOUND] Texas vs Penn State - NCAA Tourney round of 32

shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

What I really take pleasure in is at least from an offensive standpoint we did exactly what stupid ass aggy should have done.  Now on defense they were fucked but it wasn't rocket science.  

aggy doesn't have a player close to Disu on their roster. They couldn't have done it, and for the most part, we doubled off the big when aggy doubled off of Funk. Penn State went with the guard and lit it up, but we exploited him in the post.

5 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

These quotes need to be highlighted for stupidity. Basketball is streaky. Players get hot, players go cold.

TA has been the heart and soul of this team all season, and he showed it tonight by playing excellent defense against a very strong and talented player who was basically allowed to get away with an offensive foul on half of his drives. Pickett was just 5-of-13 from the floor and was responsible for seven of Pedd State's nine turnovers with only two assists.

In contrast, Timmy scored almost as many points (9 to 11) and had three assists to offset those two untimely turnovers.

All of y'all fucking suck and maybe should pick a different sport to watch. @Js1 you especially should own up cuz you're normally better than this.

Seriously, y'all need to man up or go watch quidditch. Same for those hating on Rice for a poor shooting day or calling ballgame the moment PSU went up by 3. Just stupid, stupid, stupid.

In the heart of the moment, those statements were right. Timmy pretty much gifted PSU with a run.  It was mostly because he was tired af, which leads players to get sloppy.

Watching the game, I said he needed a rest. I was happy for the timeout.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Slacks said:

In the heart of the moment, those statements were right. Timmy pretty much gifted PSU with a run.  It was mostly because he was tired af, which leads players to get sloppy.

Watching the game, I said he needed a rest. I was happy for the timeout.

Naww, y'all are just bitchasses who can't handle adversity.

Again, it's a game of runs. PSU made one. Timmy contributed to that, but that shouldn't negate the other 35+ minutes (or whatever it was) of outstanding basketball that he played.

Own it. The truth shall set you free.

• Hook 'Em 2

Counterpoint: Fuck Child Diddler University every fucking time.

Username sort of fits but I don’t understand why people minimize this with the use of the word diddling. He butfucked little boys in the ass. Call it as horrible as what it is.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

Username sort of fits but I don’t understand why people minimize this with the use of the word diddling. He butfucked little boys in the ass. Call it as horrible as what it is.

I have. Multiple times in this thread. Read my page 1 post on my feelings towards Piece of Shit State.

I just vary it as a connoisseur of the English fuckin' language.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We committed just five turnovers all game. 

Huge. That was a major part of it for sure. I imagine we rebounded well too. Solid D and have the advantage on the boards and not give it back with turnovers is how you beat a 3 point shooting team that handles the ball well. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

I love how this team can win in different ways. Shot lights out in round 1 and made 13 threes. Only made a single 3-pt shot tonight and won with Disu being a bully inside.

And to bounce back like that after that Penn State run. I’ve seen many Texas teams in the past collapse in moments like that. Kudos to Terry and those kids.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Just now, Lonestar88 said:

I love how this team can win in different ways. Shot lights out in round 1 and made 13 threes. Only made a single 3-pt shot tonight and won with Disu being a bully inside.

And to bounce back like that after that Penn State run. I’ve seen many Texas teams in the past collapse in moments like that. Kudos to Terry and those kids.

So much experience. They didn’t panic at all. They left that to us 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, troph said:

He did more than that. Called a play - Marcus to the hole for 2 when we were down two scores then feed Disu. We’ve seen Barnes and Shaka shit the bed last 5 mins, this man deserves a helluva lot of credit tonight. Future status is something else but tonight he coached well.

Many Texas teams, and good ones at that, would have folded when the score was 58-55 in favour of Penn State. We didn't. Kudos to Terry and the squad.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I’m wearing my bunt orange hoodie to work in the Capitol Monday and making the reps mad. I’m so giddy. 

Texas looked exhausted from say 12 min to 5 mins left (until that TO). Terry should have called it two minutes earlier imo but you also have to manage them and player minutes. It’s easy to call it out in retrospect but he played it well. 

1 hour ago, austintiger said:

Get used to this when they hire terry

I think I'll be alright if they hire him.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Who is going to step up to win this game

everyone GIF

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

And y’all want Terry as the permanent coach. 

Jesus.

maybe

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

This one's over. We carry on with never seeing another sweet 16 in our lifetimes.

heh

1 hour ago, troph said:

Disu is MONEY 

yes

58 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Disu is the only player who wants this badly.

high quality GIF

57 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Rice is useless rn.  Big liability being in there.

56 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Gotta survive. Fuck pedo state

51 minutes ago, Pancho said:

*pouring bourbon*

this

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

people need to recognize the job that timmy allen (and dylan disu) did on defense tonight. allen wasn't great on offense, but it's because he was expending so much energy hatrassing one of the truly elite offensive playmakers in america. we do not win tonight without the defensive effort of those two guys, particularly timmy. honorable mention in this category goes to bishop's timely buckets and hunter's timely rebounds. so many little plays make such a big difference in these games. 

this

38 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

My wife’s water broke while we were playing Stanford and I watched the Memphis game holding my daughter at Seton. I’m about to teach her to drive! It has been a looooong damn time. 

cool

My dogs were wondering what the hell was wrong with me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, troph said:

He did more than that. Called a play - Marcus to the hole for 2 when we were down two scores then feed Disu. We’ve seen Barnes and Shaka shit the bed last 5 mins, this man deserves a helluva lot of credit tonight. Future status is something else but tonight he coached well.

For all the good Barnes did, he had a habit of slowing the game down too much in the final five minutes and turning it over to his stars for one on one basketball. Now he did have NBA star players so I can understand it. But keeping the pace up allows you to exploit your talent advantage and find open players easier. Terry doesn’t do what Barnes did and I think so far that seems to be working ok. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1