[SWEET SIXTEEN BOUND] Texas vs Penn State - NCAA Tourney round of 32

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

What's up Rodney Terry haters

The timeout after PSUs 10 point run was perfect. Allen was playing out of control and the guards were not getting good shots for the team.

Coach made a good call and the proper adjustment to go back to the hottest hand in the game.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

people need to recognize the job that timmy allen (and dylan disu) did on defense tonight. allen wasn't great on offense, but it's because he was expending so much energy hatrassing one of the truly elite offensive playmakers in america. we do not win tonight without the defensive effort of those two guys, particularly timmy. honorable mention in this category goes to bishop's timely buckets and hunter's timely rebounds. so many little plays make such a big difference in these games. 

That is true. He played great defense especially down the stretch.  But he did have a 3 to 4 minute section there in the 2nd half where he went completely brain dead

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, heso said:

Fuck. I was 17 last time PSU made the sweet 16. Also the last time they won a tournament game. I wanted this one. 

You guys are a bitch and a half. This is a really good Texas team and you almost punched us in the mouth and stole it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

people need to recognize the job that timmy allen (and dylan disu) did on defense tonight. allen wasn't great on offense, but it's because he was expending so much energy hatrassing one of the truly elite offensive playmakers in america. we do not win tonight without the defensive effort of those two guys, particularly timmy. honorable mention in this category goes to bishop's timely buckets and hunter's timely rebounds. so many little plays make such a big difference in these games. 

For sure. I told my son's aau coach this today. He has PSU winning because of the offense and how they did a&m. I told him Texas would play much better D on PSUs two lead scorers.

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

What I really take pleasure in is at least from an offensive standpoint we did exactly what stupid ass aggy should have done.  Now on defense they were fucked but it wasn't rocket science.  

not everyone can have the Great Buzz Williams on their sideline.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

That Pickett kid was all arm bars and shoulders down low, and didn’t get called for any of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

We were 3/6 from the Ft line in the 1st 39 minutes and made 1 three pointer all game and somehow managed to win. That doesn’t happen in modern basketball. Almost impossible. 

Yes but…Disu

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

he can't tell the guard on the court from the sideline? 

Sure and I’m sure he did or maybe he didn’t but shit man we fucking won and down the stretch he called the right approach.  Tell him to take a hike at the end of the season but damn he just called a helluva last 5 mins against one of the hottest teams in college basketball.  

some of you would be pissed if your wives gave you a blow job right now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We were 3/6 from the Ft line in the 1st 39 minutes and made 1 three pointer all game and somehow managed to win. That doesn’t happen in modern basketball. Almost impossible. 

agreed, unless you have Dylan Disu.  We scored 71 points also.  Back to the Future.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

These quotes need to be highlighted for stupidity. Basketball is streaky. Players get hot, players go cold.

TA has been the heart and soul of this team all season, and he showed it tonight by playing excellent defense against a very strong and talented player who was basically allowed to get away with an offensive foul on half of his drives. Pickett was just 5-of-13 from the floor and was responsible for seven of Pedd State's nine turnovers with only two assists.

In contrast, Timmy scored almost as many points (9 to 11) and had three assists to offset those two untimely turnovers.

All of y'all fucking suck and maybe should pick a different sport to watch. @Js1 you especially should own up cuz you're normally better than this.

Seriously, y'all need to man up or go watch quidditch. Same for those hating on Rice for a poor shooting day or calling ballgame the moment PSU went up by 3. Just stupid, stupid, stupid.

His D was the cornerstone of the win. No doubt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Sure and I’m sure he did or maybe he didn’t but shit man we fucking won and down the stretch he called the right approach.  Tell him to take a hike at the end of the season but damn he just called a helluva last 5 mins against one of the hottest teams in college basketball.  

some of you would be pissed if your wives gave you a blow job right now. 

I fully agree he told them to quit fucking around at the TO.