Dylan Disu

Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

Coaching, something finally clicked with him and he's never looked back. Fun to watch him grow as a player. 

It seems like we're running a lot more pick and roll with Carr and Disu. IMO that's our best offense. 

We are scoring at an insanely efficient rate in those sets. I can't remember the last mid range jumper Disu missed coming off the pick and roll. He's money from there .

I remember one time Seth Lundy was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Disu didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Lundy's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Disu is a ... he's a pimp.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Put mother fucking respect on his name. 

In the last few weeks we've gone from having decent bigs to one of the best bigs in college basketball. 

That one-handed push shot/jump hook is so fucking money ...

Would love to see the metrics on that shot since the Big 12 Tournament began.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Guy balled out.  We made one fucking three and he put the team on his back on both ends.  Legend

Shout out to Timmy as well, his offense was bad tonight but he also manned the fuck up on one hell of a difficult matchup.

Timmy outplayed their AA.

11-10-1-7 TOs to 9-12-3-2

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I remember one time Seth Lundy was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Disu didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Lundy's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Disu is a ... he's a pimp.

Duncan-esque

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jesus 

He aight

Dylan Disu may have the best and most consist touch around the basket of any Texas big man over the last 20 years, certainly since Brad Buckman. I know some of yall may say LaMarcus Aldridge, but he was more of 15' shooter during his time on the 40. He was a bean pole back then and didn't really look to get within 8' of the basket. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Dude is a very calm assassin.  And there's nothing y'all can do about it.

"Calm" is actually a good description of this team. Almost everyone (other than maybe Cunningham) seems very even-keeled. 

Although that probably has a lot to do with experience. They've been there and done that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That floating jump shot is wicked.  I can't remember a Texas big who could consistently hit that shot in maybe the last 15 years.

And the guy is always having fun.

It's an extremely difficult shot. Watching him these last few weeks it's become evident that he works his ass off. You can't hit those hooks and floaters like he does as consistently as he does without putting in thousands and thousands of reps. 

He's also an decent ball handler. So is Bishop and even Mitchell. The fact that everyone on our 8 deep can handle and pass is part of why this is such a good team. 

• Hook 'Em 2