Dylan Disu

Rickylovesweed

34 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

That’s what the announcers said. My physical therapist friend says you don’t usually immobilize unless it’s a break or ligament tear so hopefully it’s not something worse 

No expert but looked like and swear I heard them say it was more of a massage boot than an immobilizing deal. Def had a wire connected 

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

That’s what the announcers said. My physical therapist friend says you don’t usually immobilize unless it’s a break or ligament tear so hopefully it’s not something worse 

Worked in foot and ankle for years. We immobilized bone bruises in a boot routinely. I was in one for a couple weeks due to a cuboid bruise. I didn't see the thing attached to it but would guess bone stimulator to speed up healing.

• Hook 'Em 5

57 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There were clips of Disu practicing on Thursday. Something must have either happened in that practice or during warm ups. 

Terry said in the press conference the initial injury happened in the Penn State game but Disu had made progress. Then there was a setback. 

Yeah, Terry said he aggravated again in practice late in the week. 

11 minutes ago, 7KHorn said:

I remember him taking an awkward fall at the end of the Penn State game that was concerning.  He kept playing afterwards and seemed fine but I wonder if that was when he hurt himself.

Yes.  When the Pedo st asshole shoved him after the free throw and the refs just swallowed their whistle 

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There were clips of Disu practicing on Thursday. Something must have either happened in that practice or during warm ups. 

Terry said in the press conference the initial injury happened in the Penn State game but Disu had made progress. Then there was a setback. 

5 hours ago, 7KHorn said:

I remember him taking an awkward fall at the end of the Penn State game that was concerning.  He kept playing afterwards and seemed fine but I wonder if that was when he hurt himself.

5 hours ago, HalfSack Horn said:

Yes.  When the Pedo st asshole shoved him after the free throw and the refs just swallowed their whistle 

It happened when he landed awkwardly during warmups in the PSU game.

A significant bone contusion often heals on the same schedule as a fracture. Without getting to examine his foot and look at his MRI, it’s hard to say how significant I would call it. Assuming the diagnosis is correct and that it was serious enough for him to miss the Xavier game, it sounds like the team needs to be ready to go on without counting on him for any more minutes this year.

• Like 1

Makes sense with a bone bruise. It just depends on how wide the bone bruise area is and if he was ready to go up until Thursday when an apparent setback occurred, I have hope for DD in Saturday’s game if we win without him today. Looking ahead we will need him sorely versus UCONN. That game will be for the national championship. UCONN is the best team left and it’s not particularly close. 

Edited by Porterhouse