Get ya ass to Kansas City—A thread

Pancho

26 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’ll be representing us in Vegas next week, but we need a skrong contingent in KC.

This thread will help with those making reservations and whatnot.

Been working in Vegas for the past two weeks and will probably be here for at least six more. Was hoping Texas would get assigned to the West for that reason but no such luck.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Are you really calling someone out for a bad prediction?

230D1079-E0BC-4A78-9AD8-B66112EE889C.jpeg.04f8b2e9c821f29151ac6909f2c181d0.jpeg

I’m beating over 1/3 of America right now, I’d say that gives me some credibility. As far as this game goes I actually have us in the final four getting bounced by UConn. I feel pretty damn good about that as we seem to be clicking at the perfect time.

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Loop said we were going to lose the first round of the Big 12 tournament and then said Colgate was the type team who could beat us in the 1st round.

All I want him to do is enter the thread and say we're going to lose the Sweet 16 game. 

Or some of us just put that tool on ignore.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to visit the new MCI airport considering what a shitshow the last one was.  But the notion of also watching the Longhorns play men's collegiate tournament basketball also adds an element of intrigue to the situation.  It's actually a pretty good town overall.  Safe travels to y'all and have a fucking blast.  

If we gotta go to Missouri to beat Houston to get back to Houston.  Well that's a fucking Steve Earle song for ya'...

"Home to Houston" 

judges would also accept Dean Martin's "Going Back to Houston" 

But yeah, I get it.  We gotta punch through Xavier/Pitt winner and then probably Houston/Miami.  

Pro tip Texans, it's fucking ten degrees right now in Kansas City.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I would have to imagine KC regional tickets will fall sharply in price this week if Miami beats Indiana today.

I figure a large contingent of KU fans bought up tickets early in hopes they would be slotted in the Midwest Region.

Houston, Texas, and Xavier would bring decent turnouts but they won't bring an army. I have been to two tourney sites where Miami is playing and they bring like 100 fans.

If Pitt beats Xavier that would make the market even softer.

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m beating over 1/3 of America right now, I’d say that gives me some credibility. As far as this game goes I actually have us in the final four getting bounced by UConn. I feel pretty damn good about that as we seem to be clicking at the perfect time.

This has to be a bit. 

• Haha 2

I can't make it this weekend, but I usually spend two weeks in KC during the summer for work. I would say avoid the Power and Light District near the stadium. It's 6th St for Midwesterners. Just south of the stadium in the Crossroads area, there's a ton of really good restaurants and breweries. My two favorite are Extra Virgin and Affare.

And on the off day, you definitely need to check out the Negro Baseball Museum. It's small and won't take you too long, but really cool.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

WN

DAL $530

AUS $483

HOU $661 last flight of the day each day, irrop going up, 50/50 you make the an early tip

SAT no nonstops, 8 hour itineraries, $800, fuckoff

Southwest has pretty reasonable fares out of AUS into MCI. Requires a connection through DFW. 

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Well they say at least 40 percent of America is completely stupid so you're at least up near the top of them. Screenshot_20230319-102213.thumb.png.9e9f33352e38dec9c38fe7acf5e33c75.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

If Pitt beats Xavier that would make the market even softer.

I seriously doubt that. Pitt hasn't been to the SS in 14 years and has 4x the enrollment of Xavier. 

Agree that Miami over IU would soften it quite a bit. 

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Has @Loop 1604 eaten any crow yet? He said we were getting bounced first round. 

I’ve already admitted my recent shortcomings and wrongdoings in another thread. I was wrong and I fucked up.

There were a few posters saying goodbye to RT last night after we went down 58-57. I wasn’t one of them.

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

0f4425f1-e240-4814-b41a-927027924594_text.gif.ebcb16eff54a71d11d9aaf5a7d6f6e28.gif

• Pancho unpinned this topic