Get ya ass to Kansas City—A thread

Pancho

3 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I can't make it this weekend, but I usually spend two weeks in KC during the summer for work. I would say avoid the Power and Light District near the stadium. It's 6th St for Midwesterners. Just south of the stadium in the Crossroads area, there's a ton of really good restaurants and breweries. My two favorite are Extra Virgin and Affare.

And on the off day, you definitely need to check out the Negro Baseball Museum. It's small and won't take you too long, but really cool.

The offday requirement should also include a visit to the old downtown airport on the river to visit the TWA museum, except Blackstone is using lawyer shenanigans to try to shut them down which puts at risk a Connie, a Martin 4-0-4, an L-1011, the Howard Hughes 1/3rd scale Disney Rocket, and the rest of the collection.  Fuck Blackstone.  https://airlinehistory.org/

The Nelson-Atkins Art Museum is a Global Top 25 institution, an equal of the Houston and North Texas collections.  An absolute must.

Rail fans pilgrimage to KC's Union Station.

The official US World War 1 Monument and museum are in KC, opened in 1926.

Carolina pulled pork is a legitimate viable genus of Q.

As debated elsewhere, KC Q is high-heat heresy and relies on sauce.

Go prime rib.  I have relatives who swear by Jess & Jim but it's 20 miles south of downtown.   There are 2 or 3 options downtown but never had them but supposedly tops in the midwest.

Andy Reid faves:

Pigwich - short rib sandwich

Pizza 51 - mushroom & sausage

TownTopic - breakfast (biscuits & gravy: steelshank-approved), burgers, badass malts - #1 in my book of all options

++++

(checks google)

nonstop RV with 3 stops for 10 minutes each for gas and burgers is 11 hours sharp from Conroe to downtown KC

Edited by Hagbard Celine
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Southwest has pretty reasonable fares out of AUS into MCI. Requires a connection through DFW. 

that would be DAL (Dallas Love Field)

and i wouldn't trust WN with a connection as the primary fare

it's going to take them 2 years to repair the basic systems they blew off for the past 30

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

230D1079-E0BC-4A78-9AD8-B66112EE889C.jpeg.04f8b2e9c821f29151ac6909f2c181d0.jpeg

I’m beating over 1/3 of America right now, I’d say that gives me some credibility. As far as this game goes I actually have us in the final four getting bounced by UConn. I feel pretty damn good about that as we seem to be clicking at the perfect time.

image.thumb.png.b8b71d215f09d6dcd324ea0b20fb2771.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

The offday requirement should also include a visit to the old downtown airport on the river to visit the TWA museum, except Blackstone is using lawyer shenanigans to try to shut them down which puts at risk a Connie, a Martin 4-0-4, an L-1011, the Howard Hughes 1/3rd scale Disney Rocket, and the rest of the collection.  Fuck Blackstone.  https://airlinehistory.org/

The Nelson-Atkins Art Museum is a Global Top 25 institution, an equal of the Houston and North Texas collections.  An absolute must.

Go prime rib.  I have relatives who swear by Jess & Jim but it's 20 miles south of downtown.   There are 2 or 3 options downtown but never had them but supposedly tops in the midwest.

Andy Reid faves:

TownTopic - breakfast (biscuits & gravy: steelshank-approved), burgers, badass malts - #1 in my book of all options

++++

(checks google)

nonstop RV with 3 stops for 10 minutes each for gas and burgers is 11 hours sharp from Conroe to downtown KC

Good list. I would add a trip to the museum for the recovered paddle wheel steamship Arabia. 

If Indiana makes it, tickets will be hard to get.  They've got a huge presence in Kansas City already.  If it's Miami/Houston, and Xavier/Texas, tickets will be much easier to come by.  Especially if we're the second game, which we are almost assured of being (unless, as stated it's Indiana/Houston-they may carry more tv cache).  But Houston and Miami?  They have a total of about 19 alumni legally allowed to fly on commercial airplanes.  If they play, tickets would already be more plentiful, never mind that whoever loses will dump hundreds of extra tickets-it not thousands.  Houston fans may want to stick around to root against Texas, but Miami fans will unload their seats at a haircut. 

An Elite 8 matchup of Miami/Texas would mean gobs of tickets for you guys to pick up at a steal.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

At those prices, I'd stop giving a shit who is home/away, and just buy some anywhere before the Indiana game.  It's a gamble, but if IU wins...those prices are only gonna get higher.  

Tip-off times on Friday are (CDT)-5:15p, 6:00p, 7:45p, and 8:30p.  They're not gonna put San Diego State/Alabama on in either of that first slot.  I think we're gonna be one of the two later games.  So that means you could conceivably buy from whoever loses that first game in K.C.  

44 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

At those prices, I'd stop giving a shit who is home/away, and just buy some anywhere before the Indiana game.  It's a gamble, but if IU wins...those prices are only gonna get higher.  

Tip-off times on Friday are (CDT)-5:15p, 6:00p, 7:45p, and 8:30p.  They're not gonna put San Diego State/Alabama on in either of that first slot.  I think we're gonna be one of the two later games.  So that means you could conceivably buy from whoever loses that first game in K.C.  

Second round games are single-session; a ticket is for both games, and there’s no in/out privileges….

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Second round games are single-session; a ticket is for both games, and there’s no in/out privileges….

welp it looks like you can buy tickets to all 3 games, just the first 2 games, or just the 3rd game

the can you resell your tix when your team loses is a damn good question

retarded.jpg.6bdb9e9642c31538e5bd617ee0d42215.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

welp it looks like you can buy tickets to all 3 games, just the first 2 games, or just the 3rd game

the can you resell your tix when your team loses is a damn good question

retarded.jpg.6bdb9e9642c31538e5bd617ee0d42215.jpg

Yeah I would be really concerned about the scan into the arena making it invalid to scan for entry a second time, unless there were a specific ‘scan out’ ability. And outside the arena you’re going to have no clue whether they did the latter…

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Also, Missouri just legalized marijuana this year. I'll need a report from you surlyites on what that looks like in downtown KC for when I go there in June.

So the game is just gonna be dominated by beatniks and cartel players?  What the hell has happened to the great NCAA Tournament american instutition?  They're probably gonna let non-Hickory players onto the court?  

I don't know why y'all are looking at some janky ass website to buy tickets.

The NCAA thru Ticketmaster does a resale for all championship tournaments and events, so if you get too high Saturday night celebrating our win over Xavier and can't make it to our game Sunday you can sell your extras.

Edited by TornACL

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

The NCAA thru Ticketmaster does a resale for all championship tournaments and events, so if you get too high Saturday night celebrating our win over Xavier and can't make it to our game Sunday you can sell your extras.

thank you for the unjanking

11 hours ago, TornACL said:

Yeah I got scammed on seatgeek in Des Moines. Had previously used seatgeek for 7 years and countless tickets with no issue, but I’m done with them now. Night before Game 1 I bought a ticket in a better section that the guy ended up double selling to some ISU kids during Session 1. Luckily I had two seats and was able to get in using the valid ticket I’d bought the week before and just sit in the shitty section.

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Also, Missouri just legalized marijuana this year. I'll need a report from you surlyites on what that looks like in downtown KC for when I go there in June.

This post is how I found out they legalized, so I got you. Looking around it seems like shit is relatively expensive as expected with newly legalized states. Worth it to help curb my basketball anxiety.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a single in Section 102 Row 24 if any Horns don’t want to deal with the ticket sites or fees. Only looking for $100. My brother decided he wanted to go with me after I’d already bought the ticket, and would rather make sure the seat goes to someone in burnt orange.

2 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

I have a single in Section 102 Row 24 if any Horns don’t want to deal with the ticket sites or fees. Only looking for $100. My brother decided he wanted to go with me after I’d already bought the ticket, and would rather make sure the seat goes to someone in burnt orange.

I'd snap it up, but that would mean buying it for Mrs Mo and me finding another one or staying home. I'd do it for me, but I'm partial to staying alive and she'd just use it after she disposed off my body.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Fuck it. Ticket prices for Session 1 on Friday have dropped a ton and I will give this decent single seat in the lower bowl away for $50. $40 if you buy me a beer before tipoff haha. Very trustworthy young man and can transfer ASAP through the AXS app which the venue uses for all tickets. I’m just an idiot who bought a solo ticket out of excitement walking out of the arena in Des Moines and I want to get an extra Longhorn in the building if anyone needs one or an extra. No horns down throwing motherfucking Jayhawk/Wildcat/Musketeer/Cougar will be in a seat on my watch, I’d rather eat the cost completely (unless some beautiful U of Miami girl needs one). DM if interested.

• Hook 'Em 2

Alright fam - I had my request for three tickets fulfilled and have extra tickets (for the Fri session and Sunday game) in the UT section for anybody who wants it. They don't email me the tix until Wed so I don't know where they actually are (I don't know if UT section is all lower bowl or they have them spread throughout the arena), but the amount of money LHF is sucking up from my household should mean they are pretty good seats.

I will sell a pair to the first person to comment in this thread that they want them (I'll PM you after) - if they are in the good seats down low I'll sell them for $300 each ($600 total for both) for the whole weekend (you can pay me $300 before Fri, $300 on Sat if applicable). If they end up being shittier upstairs seats, I'll give them to you for something more reasonable. You will be sitting next to me on Sunday.

I unfortunately can not get there on Friday, so I will sell my additional single for that night (covers Fri only) if anybody else wants it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

Alright fam - I had my request for three tickets fulfilled and have extra tickets (for the Fri session and Sunday game) in the UT section for anybody who wants it. They don't email me the tix until Wed so I don't know where they actually are (I don't know if UT section is all lower bowl or they have them spread throughout the arena), but the amount of money LHF is sucking up from my household should mean they are pretty good seats.

I will sell a pair to the first person to comment in this thread that they want them (I'll PM you after) - if they are in the good seats down low I'll sell them for $300 each ($600 total for both) for the whole weekend (you can pay me $300 before Fri, $300 on Sat if applicable). If they end up being shittier upstairs seats, I'll give them to you for something more reasonable. You will be sitting next to me on Sunday.

I unfortunately can not get there on Friday, so I will sell my additional single for that night (covers Fri only) if anybody else wants it.

Damn this is like half of a cell phone flop out. Props.

Well, the three I got are in the upstairs - Section 212, Row 7. My attempted act of kindness looks like it is going to burn a large hole in my wallet.

I'll sell the all session pair for $200 each (looks like about what the cost is on Stubhub with fees, but you'll also get to be in the UT section. You pay me $100 each for the first game and $100 for the second if applicable).

Still also have that single for Fri if anybody wants that.

29 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

Well, the three I got are in the upstairs - Section 212, Row 7. My attempted act of kindness looks like it is going to burn a large hole in my wallet.

I'll sell the all session pair for $200 each (looks like about what the cost is on Stubhub with fees, but you'll also get to be in the UT section. You pay me $100 each for the first game and $100 for the second if applicable).

Warning to whoever buys these - you’ll be five rows behind me. I stand a lot, fart even more, and by 9PM the combination of alcohol and adrenaline will make me either completely obnoxious or totally awesome, depending on how much you get into the game…

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

I assumed the 1%'s would be lower bowl (which I'm not).  Debated on requesting through the school or just digging through stubhub.

On 3/19/2023 at 12:22 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

Andy Reid faves:

++++

(checks google)

Great post. 

KC is very good mid-western bbq, imo. It's not Texas bbq, but then what else is? 

I like Slap's bbq (squeal like a pig). Pretty convenient if you're flying into KCI. 553 Central Ave, KC, Kansas.

Q39 is also good. 

For non-bbq, Cooper's Hawk in the Plaza is nice. Get a glass of wine and a salad and your day will get a lot better. 

On 3/19/2023 at 10:59 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

section 4 in the corner behind our bench

row 9

probably close to the band

6 tix $459 each

Are you sure on where the bench is? My recollection is only the home teams fans get to sit behind their bench while the other fans sit across from their bench. Which means the “home” team is on a different end of the court for game 1 vs game 2 of the session.

So one game will have Houston as the home team on one end of the arena. Their fans will be behind them while Miami fans will be kitty corner from the Houston fans on the other side of the court from the Miami bench 

Then game 2 Texas will be sitting where Miami was. Texas fans will be behind that bench. Xavier will be sitting where Houston was with their fans on the opposite side of the court.

I’m 95% sure that’s how they do it. If someone has seats from the university down low they could help answer the question of where our bench will be.

I got lucky and happened to have tickets down low on our end last year for the Purdue game. But it was pure luck. And a different end of the court from the VA Tech game. 

Edited by MotownHorn

• Pancho unpinned this topic