Get ya ass to Kansas City—A thread

Pancho

I've been watching ticket prices all week, and they've steadily dropped. Today, I can get section 109, which is the corner on the court on the lower level, for less than $90. On Sunday those same tickets were both of $150. I'll grab 2 today for Mrs Mo and me. Maybe they'll even drop a few more dollars by this afternoon. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Skipper said:

For those there where are the best pre-game spots?  Flying in and out tomorrow.

Power and Light is right across the street from the arena. Several things there to choose from for both food and drink. Are you looking for anything specific? 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Power and Light is right across the street from the arena. Several things there to choose from for both food and drink. Are you looking for anything specific? 

Nope.  Know nothing about KC. Meeting up with others flying in from Austin at airport.  Think we have reservations at some (surely overrated) KC BBQ joint (Q39) then not sure what we're doing but good to hear a bunch of options for beers by the arena.

36 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Nope.  Know nothing about KC. Meeting up with others flying in from Austin at airport.  Think we have reservations at some (surely overrated) KC BBQ joint (Q39) then not sure what we're doing but good to hear a bunch of options for beers by the arena.

Q39 is actually good, as long as you understand it's not Texas BBQ. That and Joe's are the 2 best, that aren't little hole in the wall joints. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I've been looking, but prices are crazy high. Much more than what we paid for last night. 

I think it will drop.  Folks I'm going with wanted to buy and we 'think' behind Texas section.  But there was a ton of lower inventory when I was looking a few hours ago that has no place to go but down tomorrow.  

In Des Moines the high seed was always on the same bench - we were highest seed in round 1 night session….switched benches in round 2 as Kansas was the high seed of the session - that way the second highest seed (us) had their fans behind benches instead of on opposite side.

I’m assuming same logic is going to apply here and the bench for us tomorrow will be whatever Houston’s was (I wasn’t there but presuming 105) on Friday.

39 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

In Des Moines the high seed was always on the same bench - we were highest seed in round 1 night session….switched benches in round 2 as Kansas was the high seed of the session - that way the second highest seed (us) had their fans behind benches instead of on opposite side.

I’m assuming same logic is going to apply here and the bench for us tomorrow will be whatever Houston’s was (I wasn’t there but presuming 105) on Friday.

If that's the case, I feel bad for the Miami fans sitting around us.

• Like 1

The Creighton guy pushed the SD shooter on the way to the basket and altered his shot. It was a foul.

The idea of "swallowing your whistle" at the end of the game is stupid and beyond. If it's a foul, you call it. 

If you don't call it you need to be something other than officiating.