On 3/25/2018 at 1:36 AM, TexasEd said:

Been installing new brakes on my 69 Mustang

Old rusty Master Cylinder will be replaced:

20180311_184812_zps7klxghq3.jpg

Rebuilt rear drums:

20180310_141028_zpswt4q6v2z.jpg

New front Discs installed:

20180311_215213_zpsrcutj8tj.jpg

So, i assume you had drums on the front originally?  Is that a custom replacement of some sort, or are those just off a newer mustang?

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So, i assume you had drums on the front originally?  Is that a custom replacement of some sort, or are those just off a newer mustang?

It's a kit made to fit the original drum spindles.  It's based on the discreen brakes available on Fords of that period.  I bought it from CSRP WHO WAS IN Austin a long time but now in Marble Falls. 

After putting the word out I was looking for a 69 or 70 Dodge Superbee a few days ago, I received a call from this morning from my father that he has a buddy that has one. I said OK, whats the details on the car. He said it was a 69 Dodge Hemi superbee with a 4 speed, factory Dana 60 car. I told him that's obviously out of my price range being it's a hemi. To my delight the guy selling the car is getting up there an age and needs to sell it, so the price is well below market value. So I'll be off to see the car in a few weeks. Talk about a rare car, only 38 4 speed hemi superbees were made that year, no telling how many were made with Y2 (sunflower yellow). Pretty stoked about it. 

• Like 2

After putting the word out I was looking for a 69 or 70 Dodge Superbee a few days ago, I received a call from this morning from my father that he has a buddy that has one. I said OK, whats the details on the car. He said it was a 69 Dodge Hemi superbee with a 4 speed, factory Dana 60 car. I told him that's obviously out of my price range being it's a hemi. To my delight the guy selling the car is getting up there an age and needs to sell it, so the price is well below market value. So I'll be off to see the car in a few weeks. Talk about a rare car, only 38 4 speed hemi superbees were made that year, no telling how many were made with Y2 (sunflower yellow). Pretty stoked about it. 

Bad ass
  • Like 1

Nice GS.  Here's my mom's old summer car (visiting her on Mother's Day...) that I inherited after my dad passed away last year. Currently in storage in my stepmother's garage where it will probably reside until next summer when we should have a three car garage.

Haphazardly restored 71 Skylark. Going to upgrade the brakes and modernize the seat belts once I have it at home.

ec7851af7cc4a9fffad1c02d078c881b.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Pretty color, looks like a Buick wildcat or skylark?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1970 Buick Skylark GS Stage 1. Color is azure blue special order by original owner. It has been sitting in the garage neglected for awhile.

I posted about this in the car thread in the old country, but I figured I would repost here since there is a more appropriate thread.

This was my 1968 Firebird I never got to drive. Bought it in 2004, numbers matching 350 4 speed manual. Had factory disc brakes which I sold. I sold the engine and was having a 1973 455 built for it. My brother and I spent a lot of time learning as we tried to restore it. Replaced all rubber with poly, new springs and shocks, welded in new floors (complete front to back), coated the entire undercarriage with POR15. Before finishing, I closed my business in Austin and moved to Brazil. When I came back to Houston I didn’t have a place, time or money to deal with it, so I sold it. I really, really, really regret that. I included a photo of what it looked like after the next owner finished the restoration.

AYc6UD7_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

EuZa7ab_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

nH6t1rY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Xjy99dp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Like 1

Speaking of past on shaggy. Here was my 70 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4 speed car. Real R/T big block purple with white interior. Sold in 2016 to a fellow in SoCal. Before I sold it I changed our the front and rear passenger side floor pans and took the interior back to factory white and rebuilt the front suspension

I found a date coded 70HP engine block in Santa Clarita and dropped it in (had a 69 block in it) before I sold it. Car had 81k original miles. While I was deployed I was able to get copies of DMV paperwork from all the states on it to document the cars history. Fun ride for the past 11 yrs. 3a46af83b1cb29c507df7eaf7c7fb160.jpg4884077b57b7a4f5d13e84761d81b551.jpg5b9dd67b06c8853e8050660161021b74.jpg1a7b116be1e204b9fe2c6307cbacde2c.jpg1f17a9f4eb9ca74420fc291f2226247d.jpg66e946513871981a795dd69942a3f038.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/4/2018 at 10:00 AM, 4th&Five said:

my first car was a '67 Fastback that my dad and I restored.  still miss it every day.

bd9d8002889fc992ddc61e9d410cef2b.jpg

First was a 68 coupe, second was a 67 coupe.  Amazing what these are going for now.  Wish I would have kept the 68.  Had 289, AC, console, and a solid and straight body. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 4:36 AM, TexasEd said:

Been installing new brakes on my 69 Mustang

Old rusty Master Cylinder will be replaced:

20180311_184812_zps7klxghq3.jpg

Rebuilt rear drums:

20180310_141028_zpswt4q6v2z.jpg

New front Discs installed:

20180311_215213_zpsrcutj8tj.jpg

Replaced the single bowl master cylinder in my A code 65 a couple years back with a new double bowl.  Easier than I thought, but bending all the new lines into the right configurations and getting the fittings to set correctly took a while. Much safer with an extra bowl if either your front or rear brakes fail.   It Already had front disc brakes when I bought it or that would have been the next job.

bduzh5.jpg

Took the interior apart this winter.  Installed 1/2" thick sound proofing linar and additional heat shielding underlayment, with new carpet and new bucket seats.  The sound and heat deadening liners make for a quieter, cooler ride.

2pzd843.jpg

Put the new buckets in the AM.  TMI products .  Nice stuff, you can make custom changes to year/ make /model specific seat options.  Got new pony skin buckets with head rests (safety issue) and new matching pony upholstery for the rear seat.

These seats are a game Changing upgrade from the original 54 year old tired, poorly padded, bucket seats with no adjustments other than forward and backward a bit. They're not an OEM type seat, but I've been resto moding this car here and there since 2006.

Not loving the tall head rest look, but they come off, and I think I'm gonna have them cut down about 3".  

Starting to work on a design for a new center console. The original ones look cool, but don't do shit but look cool.  Gonna design something tall enough to hold 2 cups and a small interior storage bin in a black vinyl clad form, with an ebonized exotic wood top panel.   Or I might try to salvage the chrome and camera case black existing console  panel and embed it/coat it in a poly filled mold.  Can't be a poly or resin that will yellow in the sun so may not work.

New matching color door skins with a small black insert panel this Fall after driving season is over.

All goes back in this, 65 A code 289, 5 speed aluminum radiator, hydraulic clutch, dual exhaust, front disc brakes,

2evyhba.jpg

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 5

And now for something completely different - how about a former military Land Rover.

UvsxCGp.jpg

ja2mLUv.jpg

It tops out at about 50 MPH even after I added an overdrive but man is it a blast to drive in the summer.

Edited by Duckman
  • Like 2