Classic Car thread

TexasEd

Most states allow you to use old issue plates and register them. I have 65 plates on my 65.
Correct once you find old plates (whatever year you want) you take those to your local tax assessor office. They verify the plates are in good shape and are not registered to another vehicle and then issue them to your car. Once that's good, you pay your fee and your on your way.

Another option is to apply for classic or antique plates. Antique plates are only good for travel to car shows, parades and the like and are good for 2 years. Classic plates are the same minus the driving restriction and are only good for 1 yr. I've had classic plates on my 70 challenger and currently have 69 plates on my dodge superbee.

13 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Correct once you find old plates (whatever year you want) you take those to your local tax assessor office. They verify the plates are in good shape and are not registered to another vehicle and then issue them to your car. Once that's good, you pay your fee and your on your way.

Another option is to apply for classic or antique plates. Antique plates are only good for travel to car shows, parades and the like and are good for 2 years. Classic plates are the same minus the driving restriction and are only good for 1 yr. I've had classic plates on my 70 challenger and currently have 69 plates on my dodge superbee.

I don't like the looks of the state issued antique plates, they always clash with the cars looks in my opinion here they're yellow or they have a black and white tag that does look good on cars like Model A's an T's

question for Ford guys:  I guy I know rolled up in a '77 Bronco this weekend.  It was nice, but not crazy nice.  Anyway, according to the fender emblem, it was a 289.  I had a '67 Mustang, and it's my recollection that Mustangs went 302 in '68.   Did the truck side stick with the 289?

On 6/25/2018 at 8:56 PM, Gil Bang said:

question for Ford guys:  I guy I know rolled up in a '77 Bronco this weekend.  It was nice, but not crazy nice.  Anyway, according to the fender emblem, it was a 289.  I had a '67 Mustang, and it's my recollection that Mustangs went 302 in '68.   Did the truck side stick with the 289?

302, and they did not have the engine badge (302 or otherwise) in 1977. 

Installing new full length fuel lines on the superbee. Talk about a pain. Looks like I may have to remove the rear end to get clearance to route lines under the frame rail, over the axle and behind the shock. You can see the old fuel lines before I removed them.

In other news a box of goodies showed up.8bbc22c486611f62f7f3380a3cccb98d.jpg1a067ab673dfa3d0e0f3f7f3e14dc9d6.jpg779ce64c2e67bc8e07cbf447f77ce9f7.jpgc2ea4717836671978705d5b05e524776.jpg888c7dda5216437c02302834b01e9706.jpg

31 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:
Why you no use braided AN line?

I'm restoring the car to stock form, down to dated coded hoses, plug wires, fuel pump etc... Its pain staking looking for parts but people pay big dollar for original looking collector cars.

Such a tedious job replacing a stock fuel line. Twists, turns, bends and all that shit on the underbody  to maneuver around.

And when you get it in place it's got to be facing the correct direction and angle, at both ends.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

Got a buddy that’s trying to sell me a 1999 camero SS white with charcoal interior for 5k.its got some work done to it and it’s 360HP. It’s only got 43k miles on it and it’s a convertible. Thoughts? Is that to high to low ect 

• Like 1

Got a buddy that’s trying to sell me a 1999 camero SS white with charcoal interior for 5k.its got some work done to it and it’s 360HP. It’s only got 43k miles on it and it’s a convertible. Thoughts? Is that to high to low ect 

That’s sounds like a good deal, I’d certainly consider taking it if you decide to pass on it.

Depends on the work and quality. Are we talking motor or suspension work or a couple bolt on mods. For 5k though I could have some fun with it, even if it's a Chevy.

Need more pics and info of that truck on the left he’s by.

It’s a 1954 Chevy, he’s got a ‘50 suburban, ‘68 chevelle, amongst a few other bow tie classics. I’ll post more pics soon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bo said:

My pops in front of his Chevy garage with his red, white and blue toys. Happy 4th! emoji631.png

0c4bcfb4ca57e604b96921fe6eb23d85.jpg

Great picture!  I was just thinking about that red "truck" recently and couldn't remember what it was called.  I wanted to see what the value of those had done since it was only made for a couple of years.

Edited by BNB

Ya it’s an ‘05 ssr. The ‘03-04 models had 5.7 v8 while 05-06 had the 6.0 LS2. It’s pretty fun to drive since it’s light and has a retractable hard top. Don’t think it even has 5k miles as my pops was hoping it would be rare and go up in value some day.

On 7/4/2018 at 6:43 AM, BNB said:

This pulled up by me. I love these.3f02abca67497648c595b41baec3cfd1.jpg

Love those old Jags. They always remind me of the hearse in Harold & Maude. 

Along those lines, my dream vintage is a mid/late-60s Mercedes 230 or 280 SL convertible. Those things are just beautiful. 

@Mother mopar, do you suppose that there would be any interest in a 361 B motor from a 66 Satellite? I have one in my garage that has been there for 20 years that needs to go somewhere else.

I bought the car in 94 for my son and he drove it for a year. The TorqueFlite needed some work so he decided he was going to overhaul it while the tranny was pulled. The TF ended up being used in a Scout II and the motor has taken up space in the corner ever since. It has a set of headers , maker unknown and a 4-bbl Carter, I think. I'm guessing it has a non-factory cam judging from the way it loped at idle. It may be bored for all I know, he never took the heads off to see what was inside. I'm pretty certain that it has been tinkered with. There are a lot of sheet metal panels , glass and interior pieces that would be useful to somebody doing a resto. Where would be the best non-Ebay place to advertise it?

[mention=938]Mother mopar[/mention], do you suppose that there would be any interest in a 361 B motor from a 66 Satellite? I have one in my garage that has been there for 20 years that needs to go somewhere else.
I bought the car in 94 for my son and he drove it for a year. The TorqueFlite needed some work so he decided he was going to overhaul it while the tranny was pulled. The TF ended up being used in a Scout II and the motor has taken up space in the corner ever since. It has a set of headers , maker unknown and a 4-bbl Carter, I think. I'm guessing it has a non-factory cam judging from the way it loped at idle. It may be bored for all I know, he never took the heads off to see what was inside. I'm pretty certain that it has been tinkered with. There are a lot of sheet metal panels , glass and interior pieces that would be useful to somebody doing a resto. Where would be the best non-Ebay place to advertise it?

Not a big market for 361s in the hobby. Everyone loves them a big block. The price to machine both is the same so why not add more power for free...make sense. The B is the year it was made as they started in 65 which is an "A" model, B for 66 and so on.

As for selling it, throw it on Ebay or craigslist and see if you get nibbles. If it's a full engine carburetor to oil pan you should be able to get $500 easy, maybe more for the right buyer who is looking for that year. Hope that helps man.

Yeah, thanks. Just so you know, this 361 is a big block, forerunner of the more popular RB (383) motors. This is the first and only one I ever saw in real life. I was hoping to find somebody that wanted an original for a resto but I'm guessing that this one is too tinkered with to fill that bill. I used to play around with mopars some, had a 67 Dart GT and a 70 Challenger and a 70 Swinger. Got rid of them all before they became worth something. Really miss the 67.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_B_engine

I know it's wiki but I have some other books that back up the big block claim.

Your right it is a big block but if I'm looking for power and all other cost are within proximity I'm going to go with bigger cubic inches. I have no doubt you can get rid of it, and as always, something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Touch base and talk to some of your old timers around town and they can usually put you in contact with folks who are looking for parts.

Yeah, thanks. Just so you know, this 361 is a big block, forerunner of the more popular RB (383) motors. This is the first and only one I ever saw in real life. I was hoping to find somebody that wanted an original for a resto but I'm guessing that this one is too tinkered with to fill that bill. I used to play around with mopars some, had a 67 Dart GT and a 70 Challenger and a 70 Swinger. Got rid of them all before they became worth something. Really miss the 67.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_B_engine
I know it's wiki but I have some other books that back up the big block claim.

Ha! I am the old timer in a town of 1500. I'm connected in the IHC world but have lost touch with mopar fans. What forums do you watch?
I'm on moparts.com and for bbodies only.com. I don't post much on either put enjoy reading both forums. I'm just amazed at the info that people know within the hobby. Best part about it is the ability to get parts.

Last Sunday I took delivery of a 1998 911 Carrera Cabriolet. It's a heckuva lot of fun, six-speed manual.

The three things I came down to wanting for sure were: air-cooled, manual & convertible. It looks good in my garage next to the 1968 Buick Riviera.

When I figure out again how to do pictures I will post some.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
grammar
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Last Sunday I took delivery of a 1998 911 Carrera Cabriolet. It's a heckuva lot of fun, six-speed manual.

The three things I came down to wanting for sure was air-cooled, manual & convertible. It looks good in my garage next to the 1968 Buick Riviera.

When I figure out again how to do pictures I will post some.

That cabriolet will fit nicely in the trunk of the Riviera.

On 7/15/2018 at 7:16 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

Great choice!  Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to the pics.