Spring Break 2023 (also some Florida)

Parliament

As mentioned by the mayor, as much as Miami Beach is seen as party central, I don't think the city likes it at all.

Wonder if they will setup loudspeakers playing classical music at loud volumes next year. 

But yes, gunplay fucking sucks. Just have a good fucking time and leave the guns at home.

I thought Florida was a "Law & Order" state?  

I have been all over Central America, Mexico, West Africa, and South Chicago.  And some of the weirdest shit I ever saw were the two Spring Breaks I lived in Florida.  "Florida Man" doesn't begin to describe what those nutjobs are capable of.  It's like Four Loko snorted meth up its own ass and opened up a peninsula.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

An older slideshow of Spring Break through the decades. Mainly 70’s and 80’s. Made me a little nostalgic. The lack of fat people is very noticeable. WTF America?

https://weather.com/travel/news/2017-03-27-spring-break-through-the-decades-photos

All those people look like they are 43 years old. 

"A college student that's worked 15 years at the GM plant in Detroit, has a wife and three kids enjoys Daytona Beach."

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I thought Florida was a "Law & Order" state?  

I have been all over Central America, Mexico, West Africa, and South Chicago.  And some of the weirdest shit I ever saw were the two Spring Breaks I lived in Florida.  "Florida Man" doesn't begin to describe what those nutjobs are capable of.  It's like Four Loko snorted meth up its own ass and opened up a peninsula.  

umm, that's why they imposed a curfew.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

umm, that's why they imposed a curfew.

Isn't a major pillar of "Law & Order" though, crime deterrence/proactive prevention?  It was a huge factor in the Crim Law/Crim Pro courses I took in law school awhile back.  Maybe things have changed.  Hindsight curfews help a bit, but doesn't being tough on crime ahead of time do more to prevent the gunfire from happening to begin with?  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Isn't a major pillar of "Law & Order" though, crime deterrence/proactive prevention?  It was a huge factor in the Crim Law/Crim Pro courses I took in law school awhile back.  Maybe things have changed.  Hindsight curfews help a bit, but doesn't being tough on crime ahead of time do more to prevent the gunfire from happening to begin with?  

People from other states go to Florida for spring break (I assume)..have shootings like this been common place and expected?

But if the place they go to is already tough on crime and based on Law & Order, it shouldn't matter who comes for leisure and who is already from there.  I've never been to Russia for Spring Break, but I sure as fuck know I can't bring edible weed there under serious penalty of punishment.  

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But if the place they go to is already tough on crime and based on Law & Order, it shouldn't matter who comes for leisure and who is already from there.  I've never been to Russia for Spring Break, but I sure as fuck know I can't bring edible weed there under serious penalty of punishment.  

Murder is illegal in Miami. Don't know about the edible weed situation.

3 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

An older slideshow of Spring Break through the decades. Mainly 70’s and 80’s. Made me a little nostalgic. The lack of fat people is very noticeable. WTF America?

https://weather.com/travel/news/2017-03-27-spring-break-through-the-decades-photos

Those are just good American kids growing up in the heartland.

• Like 1

Yeah, what the fuck with the way college kids looked in the 70's & 80's?  Somehow, they drank and smoked more than we did but were thinner but looked middle-aged?  How the fuck they do that?  And the only thing shorter than the girl's shorts were the dude's shorts.  

I still think some enterprising Longhorn students should relaunch the spring break travel service called "The BBD"  

Yeah, what the fuck with the way college kids looked in the 70's & 80's?  Somehow, they drank and smoked more than we did but were thinner but looked middle-aged?  How the fuck they do that?  And the only thing shorter than the girl's shorts were the dude's shorts.  
I still think some enterprising Longhorn students should relaunch the spring break travel service called "The BBD"  

It’s the hair helmets and Magnum stache’s Drinking beer was legal at 18 when I started college. Completely different bar scene on the strip. Kids today are missing out.
  • Hook 'Em 1