Is it possible to print your own money

David Busters

If I were to make my own money, say out of real metals like silver and gold, could I use these like real money. Do I need to put something on it that cites the law that says this is legal, in order to use it? Or wooluld it be the barter system. 

If it is not legal what if I get a contract to sign for the other person I am doing barter with, that says they acknowledge there is no exchange of money taking place. 

Also it will not look like real money.

9 minutes ago, David Busters said:

If I were to make my own money, say out of real metals like silver and gold, could I use these like real money. Do I need to put something on it that cites the law that says this is legal, in order to use it? Or wooluld it be the barter system. 

If it is not legal what if I get a contract to sign for the other person I am doing barter with, that says they acknowledge there is no exchange of money taking place. 

Star Trek Data GIF

No.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, David Busters said:

What I read is that there has not been real US money printed since 1971 so I am trying to think of ways to keep value. 

Star Trek GIF

What you read is so painfully wrong and idiotic that I feel stupider just for having read it.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, David Busters said:

What I read is that there has not been real US money printed since 1971 so I am trying to think of ways to keep value. 

I'm dying to know where you "read" that?  You can print your own fiat currency at home with the current President of the United States, John F. Kennedy Jr. in the center in the denominations of your choosing.  Be sure to add lots of mysterious cabal clues on the back side.  

First thing you'll to do though is replace the yellow toner cartridge in your Epson and restart the printer.  

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Star Trek GIF

What you read is so painfully wrong and idiotic that I feel stupider just for having read it.

Oh I am sorry. Not trying to upset anyone that’s just something I read. I wasn’t sure. But if both people agree on the value it is bartering. So that would be an exception.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, David Busters said:

Sounds like a solid, well-thought-out plan.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Good speed for your poop hole...

18 U.S. Code § 471 is a federal statute that states that a person can be fined and/or imprisoned for up to 20 years if they counterfeit a security of the United States with intent to defraud

Haha, LOOPHOLE, dumbass - Stanley Nickels are not securities of the United States!

tnT2CMeHSiaw8-TBArpSWIxL3Mqcfl79gmphaT3y

• Haha 4

Good speed for your poop hole...

18 U.S. Code § 471 is a federal statute that states that a person can be fined and/or imprisoned for up to 20 years if they counterfeit a security of the United States with intent to defraud

Yes but it’s not going to look like money, nobody would mistake it for that. So it is not counterfeit. And if there is a contract I can pay a person whatever he will accept as payment. 1099

Can I pay for a Coke with Euros, yes if you accept

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Haha, LOOPHOLE, dumbass - Stanley Nickels are not securities of the United States!

tnT2CMeHSiaw8-TBArpSWIxL3Mqcfl79gmphaT3y

Yes but if you agreed to accept these nickels in exchange for a service knowingly then it is legal is it not, maybe they are collectible. Maybe they are made from precious metals.

Maybe they have diamonds!

Was in the Dallas Fed down near the shredders - that place was out of an Oceans11 vault.  Cameras EVERYWHERE.  Your shift-mates change at random intervals and if anything goes down, everyone in the shift has poop-hole concerns for a few decades.  The shredders are the size of tour buses and all the walls are clear plexiglass.  All the vault lock-boxes hold 300,000 bills of various denominations, so a box of new hundreds is worth a nice NBA-sized contract.  

4 minutes ago, David Busters said:

Yes but it’s not going to look like money, nobody would mistake it for that. So it is not counterfeit. And if there is a contract I can pay a person whatever he will accept as payment. 1099

Can I pay for a Coke with Euros, yes if you accept

That's fine, but who will accept them?  You're just back to the barter system.  Precious metals - sure, but some fiat, funny-money, you just started a club.  

That's fine, but who will accept them?  You're just back to the barter system.  Precious metals - sure, but some fiat, funny-money, you just started a club.  

Well you could do like the government used to do and make certificates or something that connects to a piece of gold or a diamond or something else valuable that is held somewhere for safe keeping. And then you could say, I will trade you, without having to carry around a bunch of stuff.

Just now, David Busters said:

lots of people accept Euros, half the world does. But it is not counterfeit.

Euro2.0

Do it!

1 minute ago, David Busters said:

No it isn’t counterfeiting though, it doesn’t say it is Federal money. Why is that counterfeiting

Again, a barter system.  Hardly revolutionary.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Busters said:

no they are not tied to something with value. Why would I want that. A number.

Whole point of money is that it's a representation of arbitrary value. Whether it's made of metal or paper or 800-pound stone wheels, it's a stand-in for value.

Again, elementary school stuff.

Metal is just a commodity whose value changes.

And yes, governments can, do, and have made laws restricting what must be accepted.

You can make your own money, but you can't make anyone else use it.

Why would I accept your phony "currency" if I can't then go buy anything with it elsewhere? There's literally no reason. USD or fuck off.

3 minutes ago, David Busters said:

lots of people accept Euros, half the world does. But it is not counterfeit.

Yes, because their governments have ruled it's currency.

Anyway. I'm not telling you anything you couldn't find out on your own if you had even two brain cells rubbing themselves together.

Gonna take SC's advice and drop you into the ignore hole now. Bye!

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Whole point of money is that it's a representation of arbitrary value. Whether it's made of metal or paper or 800-pound stone wheels, it's a stand-in for value.

Again, elementary school stuff.

Metal is just a commodity whose value changes.

And yes, governments can, do, and have made laws restricting what must be accepted.

You can make your own money, but you can't make anyone else use it.

Why would I accept your phony "currency" if I can't then go buy anything with it elsewhere? There's literally no reason. USD or fuck off.

What if you own a store, like a Cosco. And the only way you can pay is with the chits I am talking about. They used to have Green Stamps. Like that. If people accept them. 

Yes but my dollars are not worth anything in gold. I have to go buy it and pay a bank to buy it. Who profits in the arbitrage Before 1972 I already owned the gold. 

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I mean technically you CAN still convert USD to gold. But now it's at market rates. Gold is a commodity, like anything else.

Edited by David Busters

This is starting to sound like that elaborate coupon scheme my daughter uses at my birthday where I can trade a slip of hand-drawn paper into her for a quiet dinner with Mommy or she'll fold the laundry or help rake leaves.  

David Buster-you realize what you keep describing is just a business contract which exist but don't technically transfer money...they just set the terms by which money will be later transferred.  I perform X and upon Y, you me $Z.  

• Hook 'Em 1