Is it possible to print your own money

David Busters

1 minute ago, David Busters said:

What if you own a store, like a Cosco. And the only way you can pay is with the chits I am talking about. They used to have Green Stamps. Like that. If people accept them. 

You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter, don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

Already been tried, hence the lyrics to the song.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

This is starting to sound like that elaborate coupon scheme my daughter uses at my birthday where I can trade a slip of hand-drawn paper into her for a quiet dinner with Mommy or she'll fold the laundry or help rake leaves.  

David Buster-you realize what you keep describing is just a business contract which exist but don't technically transfer money...they just set the terms by which money will be later transferred.  I perform X and upon Y, you me $Z.  

It sounds like the old "company store" scam that employers would use a century or so ago.

Pretty sure that was made illegal, too.

Or fair coupons. Which is legal still.

How much money do the banks make each day just covering dollars to gold, and that just goes in their pockets.

Go ahead and see if Jimmy the Fish in the dark alley will do it for you.  The banks charge a fee because they standardize the regulatory exchange rates where are market based.  Hence the vacillating value of precious metals.  Supply.  Demand.  Scarcity.  All that jazz....

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This is starting to sound like that elaborate coupon scheme my daughter uses at my birthday where I can trade a slip of hand-drawn paper into her for a quiet dinner with Mommy or she'll fold the laundry or help rake leaves.  

David Buster-you realize what you keep describing is just a business contract which exist but don't technically transfer money...they just set the terms by which money will be later transferred.  I perform X and upon Y, you me $Z.  

Right so let’s say you have a standard contract that is available for every transaction. That says One Chit is equal to one silver. And you can only pay in chits. 

4 minutes ago, David Busters said:

How much money do the banks make each day just covering dollars to gold, and that just goes in their pockets.

I would estimate exactly $0.

You're obviously a troll. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Rimbo

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

It sounds like the old "company store" scam that employers would use a century or so ago.

Pretty sure that was made illegal, too.

Or fair coupons. Which is legal still.

Well, Elon is trying to bring company towns back, in the spirit of VCs reinventing shit we already figured out over a century ago.

Shit, maybe OP is David Sacks.

Right so let’s say you have a standard contract that is available for every transaction. That says One Chit is equal to one silver. And you can only pay in chits. 

What product/service are you offering that nobody else in the market can offer that requires the customer to be indentured to your payment system?

Have you been watching John Wick again?

WzHhU.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, David Busters said:

So at the end of the day, your business can turn in its chits for silver or something else. Without involving the government at all

I’m just saying is it legal. Could I do this

Only one way to find out. Try it, and get back to us.

Edited by Rimbo

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You don't seem to have the ability to make anything resembling a rational thought.  

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You don't seem to have the ability to make anything resembling a rational thought.  

The point of it is that you let people shop for things directly with their own gold instead of the government and banks being involved.

Edited by David Busters

5 minutes ago, David Busters said:

The point of it is that you let people shop for things directly with their own gold instead of the government and banks being involved.

You know you can go convert money into gold without going through the government or a bank, right?  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

What product/service are you offering that nobody else in the market can offer that requires the customer to be indentured to your payment system?

Have you been watching John Wick again?

WzHhU.gif

Sir, you are treading on thin ice here. I love John Wick. That poor man. He loved his wife and after she gave him that puppy and everything that happened after (I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the series) and he is just a haunted sad man. Just breaks my heart. And RIP Lance Reddick.

But, to wit: Lance was real and John is just a character in a movie and if the OP steps near a copy machine or scanner with real money or attempts to lay hands on a certain Pantone color of ink, he will be hearing from people who don't joke around with respect to funny money.

If you want to barter, use Thin Mints. That's the kind of green that gets respect.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, David Busters said:

If I were to make my own money, say out of real metals like silver and gold, could I use these like real money. Do I need to put something on it that cites the law that says this is legal, in order to use it? Or wooluld it be the barter system. 

If it is not legal what if I get a contract to sign for the other person I am doing barter with, that says they acknowledge there is no exchange of money taking place. 

Also it will not look like real money.

User name checks out 

I think what you are talking about are called tokens; they have been replaced cards and virtual cards. You should really just think like it's the 2020's and make your own crypto.

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Well, it IS the off season.

Listen, I don't question how people spend their time or get their jollies, as long as no innocents are harmed. And while that last part is debatable when it comes to this thread, I will point out that in this scenario, it makes y'all the truck stop hookers, and you're working for free. And as a member of the surly community as well, that hurts me on general principle.

The Dark Knight - If You're Good At Something, Never Do It For Free GIF by  Mikey... | Gfycat

• Haha 6

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, I don't question how people spend their time or get their jollies, as long as no innocents are harmed. And while that last part is debatable when it comes to this thread, I will point out that in this scenario, it makes y'all the truck stop hookers, and you're working for free. And as a member of the surly community as well, that hurts me on general principle.

The Dark Knight - If You're Good At Something, Never Do It For Free GIF by  Mikey... | Gfycat

What ever happened to "a job well done is its own reward?"  You, good sir, are EXACTLY what's wrong with America, and why it's all going to hell in a handbasket!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

are you implying that I'm good at SOMEthing?

image.gif.e19c44b9f11865d3aba111b162d0b82d.gif

• Haha 1

Weird Lobo tangent here: 

This made me think of Taylor Kitsch's character from True Detective season 2, where he sneaks into an orgy to find evidence of crimes and grabs a bunch of paperwork out of an office. The episode ends with them driving away and the other cops asking him what he got. Some dramatic music is playing and he goes "these contracts, signatures all over them!" 

I somehow can't find a gif of that online, which is a shame because everything about it was incredible.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You, good sir, are EXACTLY what's wrong with America, and why it's all going to hell in a handbasket!

This prompts a question.  Where did Dorothy get that handbasket she was carrying throughout Oz?  Her house gets tossed around by a tornado, comes crashing down in Munchkinland, and she thinks to grab a basket when she walks out the door?  Not really believable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1