Disch Faulk tailgating?

mynametaken

Lurker here. I tried to find something in older threads but no luck.  I have a group going to the game Saturday and we want to tailgate before. It looks like the only place to buy parking is the parking garage and that's the only place I've parked for other games. I don't remember if tailgating is allowed (other than Occupy Left Field). Are there other lots a group of us can park and tailgate or is it ok to do it in the parking garage?

@BillyGoatHill may be able to offer further advice.

Busy weekend.   Softball also plays Tech beginning at 12PM which affects parking.    How many in your group ?   Would recommend taking minimal number of vehicles.

If you arrive early (probably around 9AM) you may be able to find street parking behind the softball field or cemetery.   Below is from an email if you choose not to have your private tailgate or you can do both.   Not positive,  but pretty sure tailgaiting is not permitted in the parking garage.

May want to call the Texas Ticket Office (512-471-3333) to verify that if you purchase a garage permit you can park in one of the lots.    Good Luck !

Before Texas Baseball and Softball host Texas Tech on Saturday, March 25th, Texas Athletics will host the second annual Comal Street Block Party between UFCU Disch-Falk Field and Red & Charlene McCombs Field.

Details:
  • Tailgate opens at 11 a.m. and concludes at the start of the baseball game (2:30 p.m.)
  • All amenities at the tailgate are FREE for all fans
  • Tickets are required for entry to both games
  • Inflatables available for kids
  • Multiple food trucks
  • Big Beertha will have 10+ beers on tap
The Comal Street Block Party will use the parking lot behind UFCU Disch-Falk Field off Comal St. as well as the grassy area in front of the Texas Tennis Center. This will allow fans to use their normal tailgate spaces and access the additional amenities.

Join Longhorn Nation as both Texas Baseball and Texas Softball open Big 12 play against Texas Tech.

Game Schedule:
  • Softball vs Texas Tech: First Pitch – 12:00 p.m. | Gates open – 11 a.m.
  • Baseball vs Texas Tech: First Pitch – 2:30 p.m. | Gates open – 1 p.m.
  • TraDISCHions Saturday: Kirk Dressendorfer Jersey Retirement
  • The first 1,200 fans receive a t-shirt, courtesy of UFCU
Parking:
Texas Baseball permit holders with an East Campus Garage pass may park in the East Campus Garage beginning at 11 a.m. or in any East Lot starting at any time on Saturday, March 25th.

Texas Softball permit holders will be able to park in Lot 115 or the East Lots starting anytime on Saturday, March 25th.

*The current constructions projects on Comal St. may disrupt traffic patterns on game day. Please plan to allow for extra time to access your parking. 

Faulk me?  Faulk you!  

If you don't want to use the garage, there's two parking areas between the ballpark and tennis center.  One off Comal behind CF scoreboard and the other up against the access road of IH-35.  You can use my parking permit, but it's only good for one car but you can set up a very nice spread in the grass areas next to your spot.  Similar setup is available off of East 20th street but it can be dicey with construction equipment.  

I was trying so hard to make sure I got Disch correct that I missed Falk.  Thanks for the advice. I called the Texas Ticket Office and they confirmed that tailgating isn't allowed in the garage.  He told me to park in Lot 114 and said it did not require a parking pass.  I hope that's true.  We'll have probably 8 cars and 20 people so if all goes haywire at least we've got the Block Party.

c0403a394fb3c251efb54af0c2c8a177.jpg

Texas Athletics here. Tailgate with the Longhorns this weekend! Texas Athletics is hosting the 2nd annual Comal Street Block Party this Saturday, March 25th from 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM before baseball and softball host Texas Tech. Free inflatables, Big Beertha, food trucks, and more will be available for fans of all ages! Hook 'em!

Texas Athletics Updates

I tired to get some clarification before the season regarding surface lots. When you buy a garage ticket online, the PDF lists all these lots that can also be used (was true until about half way through last season) but half of them don't exist anymore.  The ticket office has no clue and referred me to Parking and Transportation.  Got a basic response from them saying garage is only option for baseball games. 

• Like 1

Recap: we never found a surface lot so we ended up parking in the garage. We went to the roof (Level 6) and were the only ones up there. We didn't grill but were able to have chairs and hang pre-game. It turns out other groups were doing the same thing on other levels of the garage so I guess enforcement is minimal.  There was also a group on the roof (Level 5) that watched the game up there.  

There were canopied tailgating groups along the 3rd baseline fence who also were grilling so I guess there is a way to reserve spots.  Of course, the Left Field group was also grilling and watching the game.  

Thanks for the tips and the offer of the parking permit.