Griddle me this Batman

Both Tacos

It was a good one on shaggy and I got some good tips/meals from others, so starting it over here.

I'll start it off with the customary, fajita dinner. Threw some onions and bell peppers on the Blackstone, then went with chicken and beef fajitas, plus a few tablitas (if that is how its spelled). Not pictured is the heating of the tortillas. Had it all with guacamole, rice and beans.....damn good dinner.

9df6c900eb4cb587ce37061e087ff51e.jpg65f5d8571c655ade8fb566bf499b3a6d.jpg63a0a7d12481811873a63ffdefaa109f.jpg

• Like 2

I love cooking on the flattop, i cook fried eggs and bacon several times a week. Best thing so far is probably a Philly cheesesteak sandwich.

i actually use my flattop more than my grills, only time I prefer the grill is when I’m doing steaks. Those tablitas look good, did you marinate them or just use a seasoning?

I love cooking on the flattop, i cook fried eggs and bacon several times a week. Best thing so far is probably a Philly cheesesteak sandwich.
i actually use my flattop more than my grills, only time I prefer the grill is when I’m doing steaks. Those tablitas look good, did you marinate them or just use a seasoning?
Got them already marinaded from the Mexican market, along with the fajitas.
Do you get prepackaged meat for the cheesesteak sandy? I've tried to find thinly sliced ribeye to make them but can't find it anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

Got them already marinaded from the Mexican market, along with the fajitas.
Do you get prepackaged meat for the cheesesteak sandy? I've tried to find thinly sliced ribeye to make them but can't find it anywhere.

Probably sacrilegious, but when in a pinch, I've used high quality roast beef from the deli for cheesesteaks.  When a craving comes, you sometimes have to make a call on the fly.

I always just ask the butcher to slice however many pounds of ribeye I think I need. I have twin boys and they will mow through PCS sandwiches. Funny thing, when I asked the butcher this time for the sliced ribeye he took me to a freezer area that had beef and chicken already sliced up and frozen. I bought some of both but haven’t tried it yet.  I will follow up on here when I cook em.

• Like 1

Yes the butcher will slice the ribeye for you, but with a strange look. You can also buy the ribeye and freeze it slightly and then cut it yourself. It's easier to cut when frozen a bit.

Edited by mycox

Just ordered this 22 inch Blackstone griddle. 

To season I take it I should treat it like a cast iron pan? Coat in oil, wipe off, oven bake at full blast for an hour, cool, rinse repeat? 

So excited to have a  griddle, been putting my cast iron griddle pan to work recently and just want more space, but still camping / tailgate portable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076MFM8LX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 6/22/2018 at 11:58 PM, Both Tacos said:

It was a good one on shaggy and I got some good tips/meals from others, so starting it over here.

I'll start it off with the customary, fajita dinner. Threw some onions and bell peppers on the Blackstone, then went with chicken and beef fajitas, plus a few tablitas (if that is how its spelled). Not pictured is the heating of the tortillas. Had it all with guacamole, rice and beans.....damn good dinner.

9df6c900eb4cb587ce37061e087ff51e.jpg65f5d8571c655ade8fb566bf499b3a6d.jpg63a0a7d12481811873a63ffdefaa109f.jpg

Those aren't fajitas. Stop calling them fajitas. Fajitas are ONLY skirt steak and must be prepared and most importantly cut in a specific manner. Saying chicken fajita is just as stupid as saying a chicken ribeye or chicken sirloin. A fajita is a specific cut of beef. 

Already started off with a fucking waste of a thread throwing out bad information. 

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 5

On 6/23/2018 at 11:18 AM, mycox said:

I like to cut the beef or chicken before putting it on the griddle. Easier to cook.

Next time before doing this take a .45 acp and put it through your hollow skull. 

Jesus fucking Christos people. Like a pack of retards in here. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

Here in Houston, H-mart sells the super thin sliced ribeyes already packaged. Obviously popular for Korean bbq. It’s the perfect thinness for making phillies. 

Now this man is legit. Good info. Love makinga good philly so have to give that a shot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cam4mav said:

Just ordered this 22 inch Blackstone griddle. 

To season I take it I should treat it like a cast iron pan? Coat in oil, wipe off, oven bake at full blast for an hour, cool, rinse repeat? 

So excited to have a  griddle, been putting my cast iron griddle pan to work recently and just want more space, but still camping / tailgate portable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076MFM8LX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cook a shitload of bacon on it

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean...he’s not wrong besides calling this thread useless and suggested suicide but still comin off like a chach

This fucking guy knows. It flat out fucking offends the shit out of me whenever you fucking twats fuck it all up. It's the same as any of you white Texas wanna be cowboy fucks would feel if some Yankee cunt came through calling some shit he came up with "chicken brisket" and trying to act like some kind of expert on shit. 

It's down right fucking offensive so of course I'm going to be harsh. I'd want to put a bullet through the middle of some fuck just for fucking this up in my presence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

Those aren't fajitas. Stop calling them fajitas. Fajitas are ONLY skirt steak and must be prepared and most importantly cut in a specific manner. Saying chicken fajita is just as stupid as saying a chicken ribeye or chicken sirloin. A fajita is a specific cut of beef. 
Already started off with a fucking waste of a thread throwing out bad information. 
Hey retard, guess what is in my third pick....yep, seasoned skirt steak. It was cut against the grain before serving as it should be. I know what cut of meat is traditional fajita but I don't give a fuck and will call the chicken breast "chicken fajita" just because I feel like it. Now go Bobby Flay somewhere else.

Skirt steak is best on a grill, not the griddle. I would never pre-cut meat while using a grill. 

For the griddle, a lot of meats you cook hot and quick like in a wok. Pre-cut cooks better and marinades better. Chicken (fajitas for that RedHorn asshat) you can  pre-cut or not. 

Skirt steak absolutely needs to be cooked extremely hot and fast. Quick char, med rare inside.  Not hot enough = no char, not quick enough = gray failure  

Not doubting your wisdom but why grill > flat top for skirt?  How hot does a griddle get?

Edited by ChickenSandwich

15 hours ago, JohnRedHorn said:

You might need to get laid.  Or drunk.

Someone forgot to tell just about every single TexMex restaurant in America about your little pet peeve there.

Skirt steak absolutely needs to be cooked extremely hot and fast. Quick char, med rare inside.  Not hot enough = no char, not quick enough = gray failure  
Not doubting your wisdom but why grill > flat top for skirt?  How hot does a griddle get?
Griddle gets 400+ degrees. Certainly hot enough for a quick char without overcooking it. If the chicken breast is really thick, I'll cut it up for better results.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This thread needs more pics of savory treats on a griddle and less bitching and moaning.

That's it. I'm going to cook up some BEEF fajitas tomorrow and do a side by side comparison. Pre-cut and not, using the same marinade.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:05 AM, mycox said:

You can also buy the ribeye and freeze it slightly and then cut it yourself. It's easier to cut when frozen a bit.

This is what I did for my Philly Cheesesteak cook that I posted on the other board. Turned out great.

18 hours ago, JohnRedHorn said:

Go fuck yourself....

Definition of fajita

: a marinated strip usually of beef or chicken grilled or broiled and served usually with a flour tortilla and various savory fillings usually used in plural

23 hours ago, JohnRedHorn said:

What are your thoughts on Queso?

Ok, so I don't recommend pre-cutting the flank steak. It was tender and it tasted good, but it was more like a stir fry. I didn't get the char.

I also had some pork chops that needed to be cooked. They were solid.

ctG4CDE.jpg

0GKuFQz.jpg

12 hours ago, mycox said:

Ok, so I don't recommend pre-cutting the flank steak. It was tender and it tasted good, but it was more like a stir fry. I didn't get the char.

I also had some pork chops that needed to be cooked. They were solid.

ctG4CDE.jpg

0GKuFQz.jpg

But you do recommend using imgur so that WE CAN'T SEE YOUR PICS?

On 6/25/2018 at 12:41 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

Go fuck yourself....

Definition of fajita

: a marinated strip usually of beef or chicken grilled or broiled and served usually with a flour tortilla and various savory fillings usually used in plural

Using a white man's white language dictionary to describe a Mexican origin Spanish word. 

This is real Mexican shit, go fuck up some other culture's food and leave mine alone. That's the problem with you people, you always think you know shit about everything when you fucking don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 5

On 6/23/2018 at 7:47 PM, Both Tacos said:

in austin, hmart at lakeline or hana world at metric/parmer have it.  ranch 99 on airport has it too but it's wagyu.  

39 minutes ago, JohnRedHorn said:

Using a white man's white language dictionary to describe a Mexican origin Spanish word. 

This is real Mexican shit, go fuck up some other culture's food and leave mine alone. That's the problem with you people, you always think you know shit about everything when you fucking don't. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, JohnRedHorn said:

Jesus, I thought you were drunk or a troll. It turns out your just a bitter old man.

So do you marinate your chicken fajitas yourself or do you get them pre marinated?

Lots of words in the English language have foreign origins, that doesn’t mean its definition in the English language is governed by the foreign language definition. If you were a real expert your post would have been in Spanish, not the white man’s white language.

If you want to get all technical about it, its origin is Tejano, north of the border. As in, Texas. In other words, it is something that those of Mexican/Chicano/Hispanic shared culture and ancestry created while living in and identifying as being from Texas.

As a proud Texan, I am quite thankful for their creation.

a0bdf02425d9eb3ee7d659dc21d634ac.jpg

Learn a little history.

Guess what, at some restaurants I order Shrimp Fajitas. I'm fucking up all kinds of cultures.

10 hours ago, JohnRedHorn said:

You seem like a cunt

I actually agree with the original point, fajitas are made from a specific cut of beef and not all tacos made from various grilled proteins should be called fajitas.

But he's such an ass about it, that right now I'm planning on making some pork fajitas for dinner tonight.  And I'm going to make them on my GRIDDLE.  You know, the whole point of this thread before his idiotic derailment.

Mmmmmmm tasty griddled pork fajitas.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

Guess what, at some restaurants I order Shrimp Fajitas. I'm fucking up all kinds of cultures.

Is this a bad time to bring up my dove breast faj-eeetahs!

Marinade: fresh lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, fresh garlic, Serrano peppers, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, water, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, salt.

Put all ingredients in blender or food processor except for olive oil and blend well, then add olive oil and blend shortly.

Serve with sauteed vegetables of choice, I used bacon, jalapenos, onion, mushrooms and added a little of the marinade to it for an extra kick.

Marinade breast for 24 hrs. Medium Rare to Rare is the way to go;)b Get your grill as hot as it will go, you want to cook these like a steak. I cooked them for 1 minute per side. 

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Is this a bad time to bring up my dove breast faj-eeetahs!

Marinade: fresh lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, fresh garlic, Serrano peppers, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, water, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, salt.

Put all ingredients in blender or food processor except for olive oil and blend well, then add olive oil and blend shortly.

Serve with sauteed vegetables of choice, I used bacon, jalapenos, onion, mushrooms and added a little of the marinade to it for an extra kick.

Marinade breast for 24 hrs. Medium Rare to Rare is the way to go;)b Get your grill as hot as it will go, you want to cook these like a steak. I cooked them for 1 minute per side. 

I really like how bacon is one of your sauteed vegetables of choice, well done sir.

• Like 1