The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

IIRC, the Servant Girl Annihilator was never actually identified or captured.  DO THE MATH, SHEEPLE.

And here I thought you'd go with the drag queen angle.  Curiouser and curiouser. 

Are we sure about Leslie's demise?

leslie-3-199x300.jpg

• Haha 1

That dude's dead, or at least a Ghost.  Or a guest.  I can't remember which.  He's a lotta things but a serial killer ain't one.  

You have to admit "Rainey Street Killer" has a ring to it.  We should probably wrap up IP rights to the inevitable Netflix documentary now.  Could pay for some wreaths, a nice tailgate, and multiple suites.  

48 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Seems like we haven’t had a good serial killer in a while.   Everything trendy comes back around.  Points for being retro about it with patience compared to the typical basic mass murder most Gen Z’ers go for. 

well, we did have a serial bomber a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Need more details. I know about all these people being fished out of the water. Do we know if they are drowning deaths or is there some sort of injury as well?

Yes, drowning does sometimes result in death.  

But to your second point, that is a weird point in all these.  There does not appear to be, from police and media and autopsies, some other kind of injury--other than the kind you'd normally sustain while falling into water.  I have not read/heard any toxicology reports.  But that's what I'd be most interested in...as something other than alcohol may be playing a factor in these drowning deaths.  While the increase in bodies may just be a result of more drunken patrons on Rainey, you'd think we would have seen something like this before considering Rainey Street bars have been operating near Town Lake for almost 20 years now.  

It raises my eyebrow every time i hear about a new one. I suppose someone could wander off and fall into a lake and drown, but it has happened a few too many times for me to think there isn't something weird happening.

Also, this thread on reddit has lots of stories about people being drugged while being out drinking. Who knows how many are true and how many are made up. But it seems to me that guys are being drugged almost as often as women now.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Austin/comments/11y21jt/i_got_drugged_saturday_unfortunately_thankfully_i/

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yes, drowning does sometimes result in death.  

But to your second point, that is a weird point in all these.  There does not appear to be, from police and media and autopsies, some other kind of injury--other than the kind you'd normally sustain while falling into water.  I have not read/heard any toxicology reports.  But that's what I'd be most interested in...as something other than alcohol may be playing a factor in these drowning deaths.  While the increase in bodies may just be a result of more drunken patrons on Rainey, you'd think we would have seen something like this before considering Rainey Street bars have been operating near Town Lake for almost 20 years now.  

Either the drunks took time off from Rainey Street during Covid or the killer did.

Porquenolosdos.gif

Feb 14, 2023:Body pulled from Lady Bird Lake, APD says

Dec 28, 2022: Second body recovered from Lady Bird Lake within a week

Dec 25, 2022: APD: Body found in Lady Bird Lake on Christmas

Dec 19, 2022: Police investigating homicide at Lady Bird Lake

Dec 11, 2022: Police investigating after body found in Lady Bird Lake Saturday nigh

July 14, 2022: Officials cover dead body floating in Lady Bird Lake in Austin

Aug 4, 2019: Austin Police Investigate Body Found in Lady Bird Lake

Nov 27, 2018: Body found in Austin lake is missing Tech graduate

October 11, 2018: Body found in Austin, Texas lake identified as missing Minnesota man

Aug 15, 2018: Man's body found floating in Lady Bird Lake, officials say

June 14, 2018: Dead Body pulled from Lady Bird Lake

June 16, 2017: Dead Body Recovered from Lady Bird Lake

June 3, 2017: Body of missing swimmer found at Lady Bird Lake

(deleted the floodwaters one)

• Hook 'Em 3

Well this is getting stranger and more disturbing.  I don't want to start a murder podcast or anything but three bizarre factors:

1.  Not a whole fuckton of trauma evidence other than drowning.  

2.  They seem to wash up in roughly the same part of Town Lake despite having been last reported on Rainey Street.  I mean, I know how currents work, but there's been zero reports of people just nose-diving off of Lamar Bridge after a shitty time at Zach Scott and washing up down river. 

3.  All those buildings, all those cameras on the north shore of Town Lake from MoPac to Pleasant Valley.  And nothing has picked up jackshit?  

I watched the Netflix "Boston Strangler" movie recently, and there was a great interview scene with a prisoner. He made a really salient point. People need it to be a serial killer, because it helps them sleep at night. Instead of living with the reality that people...kill each other...a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I watched the Netflix "Boston Strangler" movie recently, and there was a great interview scene with a prisoner. He made a really salient point. People need it to be a serial killer, because it helps them sleep at night. Instead of living with the reality that people...kill each other...a lot. 

a gang of serial killers is not helping me sleep better at night.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

IIRC, the Servant Girl Annihilator was never actually identified or captured.  DO THE MATH, SHEEPLE.

The Austin Servant Girl Annihilator is without a doubt, the best name for a serial killer ever.

prove me wrong gordon ramsay GIF by MasterChef Junior

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

3.  All those buildings, all those cameras on the north shore of Town Lake from MoPac to Pleasant Valley.  And nothing has picked up jackshit?  

If you jog or walk that area enough times, it's not hard to figure out the blind spots.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

That dude's dead, or at least a Ghost.  Or a guest.  I can't remember which.  He's a lotta things but a serial killer ain't one.  

You have to admit "Rainey Street Killer" has a ring to it.  We should probably wrap up IP rights to the inevitable Netflix documentary now.  Could pay for some wreaths, a nice tailgate, and multiple suites.  

Talking head interviews with Nicole for the doc.

44 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Is this the same guy who shot the FBI agent at the Rainey St. bar while he was in town investigating Nate Paul?