The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

he disappeared to foggy London Town and became Jack the Ripper.  maybe. 

Oh Baxter, you are my little gentleman friend.  

But seriously, there is a 75% chance the killer is on this message board and we're all getting called before a grand jury.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That dude's dead, or at least a Ghost.  Or a guest.  I can't remember which.  He's a lotta things but a serial killer ain't one.  

You have to admit "Rainey Street Killer" has a ring to it.  We should probably wrap up IP rights to the inevitable Netflix documentary now.  Could pay for some wreaths, a nice tailgate, and multiple suites.  

may need a few banners too in the fall.

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

3.  All those buildings, all those cameras on the north shore of Town Lake from MoPac to Pleasant Valley.  And nothing has picked up jackshit?  

Well, Txtow got away with his rock bullshit for a long damn time until somebody competent showed up and solved the case in like two days

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

One of the only things I did learn when my sorority sister was murdered by a serial killer back in 2002 in Baton Rouge was (a) you can have more than one SK operating at one time (Baton Rouge had three male serial killers (two black males and one white male) killing women at the same time over a 20 year period) and if the victims are of a different race police have a tougher time putting it all together. Like whites only hunt whites and so on. Totally debunked by what happened in Baton Rouge. 

I learned in a BIG college town they are reluctant to make that determination that there is a serial killer…think the mayor in Jaws. Don’t want to create a panic.

In my sorority sister’s case her neighbor was strangled and then after Murray moved to another location a few months later she was stabbed 188 times. A few weeks later a woman was taken from her home and dumped off the Whiskey Bay exit. Then another girl was beaten to death outside her mother’s grave and yet another was also kidnapped from her home and dumped at the same Whiskey Bay exit on I10. All women the women were white except Denea and all killed by Derrick Todd Lee who was black so LE were very reluctant to connect them all until DNA linked all five (2001-2002.) different ages of women and locations and manner of death. 

LE (law enforcement) had to concede that there was a serial killer bc of a DNA link but they wouldn’t back off the FBI profile of a white guy. There was a white serial killer operating at the same time but he was killing black prostitutes and then they later learned yet another serial killer was also murdering prostitutes. So three in Baton Rouge. They had like something like 90 unsolved homicides in Baton Rouge of women from the 1990’s through mid 2005/2006.  Crazy shit but never connected it. 90 is a lot.

I’d guess if the victims here are of a different race and orientation they are reluctant to connect that pretty sizeable list of Austin victims posted above. Without a DNA link even if it appears the method of death is similar. What’s crazy is that there is so little reporting about this in Austin…just like in Baton Rouge. UNTIL Derrick Todd Lee went on his several month crime spree of mainly killing low risk white women in the their homes or taking them from their homes.

I get it if the deaths in Austin are connected that there is no doubt a need to not want to create some type of panic and there are also politics associated with that as well. There is  Not much of a cooling off time period when the deaths started back up again after Covid in 2022. Looking at that list posted above. It wouldn’t shock me at all if there was one in Austin.  Possibly preying on homeless and or gay and straight men. Definitely something happened around Covid. Why the killings stopped. It could easily be a female killer (drugging people.) 

I’m fascinated by this but I am also not at all shocked there hasn’t been much in the way of true reporting on it. It wasn’t until Derrick Todd Lee started killing white women in Baton Rouge and they could connect with DNA (low risk non-prostitutes) that they finally started putting it together and even then they were very very reluctant to bring in outside help. It was frustrating to watch and as I have mentioned before I met the parents of many of the victims when I went to Baton Rouge for a bake sale where the FBI was involved and Derrick was still actively murdering women. But we had no idea There were two more serial killers actively murdering prostitutes at the exact same time. 90 murders are a lot but it wasn’t until the national media started focusing on Baton Rouge and after Derrick was captured and arrested that the other two killers and all those murders started getting attention. 90 fucking murders and they still don’t know how many are attributed to those three different killers. Crazy shit. Glad there is a thread on this. Hope the authorities take it seriously because there is enough information here to suspect someone or more than one person is actively killing people in Austin. Damn. I assume the bodies found are all men? I have no idea but as I mentioned before the idea that a serial killer only hunts in one group (be it race gender or sexual orientation or type of victim) has been debunked. 

TL;Dr

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

Either the drunks took time off from Rainey Street during Covid or the killer did.

Porquenolosdos.gif

Feb 14, 2023:Body pulled from Lady Bird Lake, APD says

Dec 28, 2022: Second body recovered from Lady Bird Lake within a week

Dec 25, 2022: APD: Body found in Lady Bird Lake on Christmas

Dec 19, 2022: Police investigating homicide at Lady Bird Lake

Dec 11, 2022: Police investigating after body found in Lady Bird Lake Saturday nigh

July 14, 2022: Officials cover dead body floating in Lady Bird Lake in Austin

Aug 4, 2019: Austin Police Investigate Body Found in Lady Bird Lake

Nov 27, 2018: Body found in Austin lake is missing Tech graduate

October 11, 2018: Body found in Austin, Texas lake identified as missing Minnesota man

Aug 15, 2018: Man's body found floating in Lady Bird Lake, officials say

June 14, 2018: Dead Body pulled from Lady Bird Lake

June 16, 2017: Dead Body Recovered from Lady Bird Lake

June 3, 2017: Body of missing swimmer found at Lady Bird Lake

(deleted the floodwaters one)

Ok I just googled. All dudes. So it’s either a gay guy or some bad bitch. 

Edited by Mullet Free

46 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Oh Baxter, you are my little gentleman friend.  

But seriously, there is a 75% chance the killer is on this message board and we're all getting called before a grand jury.

I want a copy of those transcripts. 

7 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Ok I just googled. All dudes. So it’s either a gay guy or some bad bitch. 

Or he's killing girls' dates and taking them home to his basement. 

4 hours ago, dcbc said:

And here I thought you'd go with the drag queen angle.  Curiouser and curiouser. 

Are we sure about Leslie's demise?

leslie-3-199x300.jpg

Back in the late 90s I was a young associate at a firm located right where Leslie usually hung out.  My boss was this old school uptight asshole- picture any old suit and tie at all times biglaw partner and you know him immediately. It amused the hell out of me how uncomfortable he'd get walking by Leslie going into the office. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 bodies pulled from Lady Bird lake in 2014. Five in 2015. I pulled up a story from 2018 talking about three different cases from that year. 

“Recently, 25-year-old Martin Gutierrez was found dead near Lady Bird Lake after disappearing on Nov. 19. He was last seen during a night out on Rainey Street. In October, 25-year-old Christopher White was found dead in the Colorado River. He was staying nearby while attending the Austin City Limits Music Festival.

While foul play is not believed to be a factor in any of these deaths, police are still in the early stages of the investigation into the most recent death.

Randy Alan Lexvold, 49, traveled to Austin to watch his daughter's swim meet at the University of Texas. He was found dead on the morning of Dec. 7. Credit card receipts and information from his wife suggest the man dined at a nearby "rooftop" restaurant before apparently falling over a bridge on the 800 block of West Sixth Street into Shoal Creek.”

https://www.kvue.com/amp/article/news/local/no-connections-found-in-mens-deaths-near-downtown-austin-waters-police-say/269-623209651

anyway this is what APD said back in 2018 (very similar wording from what LE said in Baton Rouge back in the day—shit never changes):

"Rumors have come out, I know social media has been talking about a 'serial killer' and such, and no, none of the deaths are related," said Sgt. Eric De Los Santos of the APD Homicide Unit.

That was back in 2018 long before it appears a swarm of them from 2022 and so on. If something doesn’t fit a pattern or if one or two is unconnected they have a tendency to say none of them are related. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Crazy how pulling up all these old (KVUE/KXAN/KEYE) articles from 2018 through the latest on February 2023 on Lady Bird Lake bodies and almost every single article has someone in a position of authority saying there’s no connection and also “we need more lightning down around the lake I guess.” Case closed…need more lighting. 

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

They’ve been fishing bodies out of Town Lake for decades. They only make the news now because the entertainment districts have crept further east.  Bodies around Festival Beach and the old Holly power plant are nothing new. 

Yeah, and everybody is worried about the bodies that have been found in the lake recently, but they should be worried about the bodies they aren't finding, and will never find unless they drain the lake.  And even then, I think people would be surprised what carp and other fish can do to a body that's anchored down to the bottom.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, and everybody is worried about the bodies that have been found in the lake recently, but they should be worried about the bodies they aren't finding, and will never find unless they drain the lake.  And even then, I think people would be surprised what carp and other fish can do to a body that's anchored down to the bottom.

If I wanted to get rid of a body, I’d go out to the deeper parts of Lake Travis.  You want some depth.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

They’ve been fishing bodies out of Town Lake for decades. They only make the news now because the entertainment districts have crept further east.  Bodies around Festival Beach and the old Holly power plant are nothing new. 

So you're saying the old legends of the Town Lake Monstercabra told by the dragworms are real.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Back in the late 90s I was a young associate at a firm located right where Leslie usually hung out.  My boss was this old school uptight asshole- picture any old suit and tie at all times biglaw partner and you know him immediately. It amused the hell out of me how uncomfortable he'd get walking by Leslie going into the office. 

Leslie was an institution.  I'm glad he made the old suit uncomfortable.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Suspicious Weighing Options GIF by Law & Order

This article is from three weeks ago after Jason John’s body was found in the lake after a night out on Rainey Street:

https://cbsaustin.com/amp/news/local/it-will-happen-again-families-demand-trail-lighting-cameras-after-jason-johns-death-austin-texas-lady-bird-lake-rainey-street

“Committee members asked police chief Joseph Chacon exactly how many people had been found dead in or around Lady Bird Lake in the last five years. Chacon said the department was still working to organize the data into cases that were reported as missing persons, like John, and cases where someone had an accident while recreating on the water and drowned.

“One death is one death too many. What is the cost of a human life when at least in my own digging and going down the rabbit hole on the internet it’s been over 10 folks who have died and been found in Lady Bird Lake-- at the very least. We need to do something about it,” said district nine Austin City Council Member Zo Qadri.

In 2018 25-year-old Martin Gutierrez went missing after a night out on Rainey Street.

“Every interview you find online you’re going to find me begging and begging for surveillance and lighting that was never done,” his brother, Mitchell Gutierrez, told the Public Safety Committee. “Multiple people have gone missing with no change, no progression, the end of the cases ruling everything as accidental and it’s not. Something's going on. Something is,” Gutierrez said fighting back tears.”

—————————————-

if there is a Rainey Street killer/Lake killer the police don’t have the first clue. They cannot even tell committee members how many people have drowned in the lake since 2018. 5 year period and can’t separate those found from recreational activities or those who have gone missing. No effort to make it safer with lights and cameras. People just go out drinking or just go missing and wind up in the lake but police haven’t really compiled that data (like how hard is it?) geez. Illuminating and frustrating article. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Thankfully I am not in the business of getting rid of bodies.  Lady Bird is shallow.  Takes about 15 seconds to figure that out.

I would never shop out my body hiding to someone who calls it Lady Bird Lake anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

Either the drunks took time off from Rainey Street during Covid or the killer did.

Porquenolosdos.gif

Feb 14, 2023:Body pulled from Lady Bird Lake, APD says

Dec 28, 2022: Second body recovered from Lady Bird Lake within a week

Dec 25, 2022: APD: Body found in Lady Bird Lake on Christmas

Dec 19, 2022: Police investigating homicide at Lady Bird Lake

Dec 11, 2022: Police investigating after body found in Lady Bird Lake Saturday nigh

July 14, 2022: Officials cover dead body floating in Lady Bird Lake in Austin

Aug 4, 2019: Austin Police Investigate Body Found in Lady Bird Lake

Nov 27, 2018: Body found in Austin lake is missing Tech graduate

October 11, 2018: Body found in Austin, Texas lake identified as missing Minnesota man

Aug 15, 2018: Man's body found floating in Lady Bird Lake, officials say

June 14, 2018: Dead Body pulled from Lady Bird Lake

June 16, 2017: Dead Body Recovered from Lady Bird Lake

June 3, 2017: Body of missing swimmer found at Lady Bird Lake

(deleted the floodwaters one)

They got encouraged by the sugar bowl win and then just started drowning themselves again in 2022.  Just a theory.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

What’s this Lady Bird Lake bullshit?

How could the police even know how many people have been murdered by the lake if no one knows the lake's name?

Hey, bud we found another one by the lake today.

Which Lake?

Town Lake.

We don't have a file folder for Town Lake.

Just put it in the South Austin file, then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1