The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

9 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I was drugged in a downtown bar last August.  It was not on Rainey Street, and I obviously didn't drown.  My best guess is I was targeted for theft, but I was with a buddy and was never alone so they didn't get the opportunity to rob me.  He remembers me getting into my vehicle.  I had no memory of getting home, however, and my wife found me facedown and naked on the floor the next morning.  I had two drinks that night.  At the time, there were reports of a gang from San Antonio coming up and drugging guys to rob them.  I don't know what ever came of that or if it's connected to this potential serial killer.

I thought maybe I'd just become a serious lightweight, as I don't drink too often these days, and didn't go straight to the hospital.  When I still couldn't get out of bed and hadn't eaten for three days, I went then.  Whatever it was fucked me up so bad I'm still dealing with health issues stemming from that night, including a couple more trips to the emergency room. 

Be careful out there, friends. 

Shit man, glad you're okay.  If you don't mind me asking, what was the drug they used?  What kinda health issues you still having (anything nerve related?) .  

I had a similar experience, kinda.  Quit drinking as of late, but in January of 2022 when I would still hit up a bar after a work dinner or conference...I went out to a couple places with a small group of people who I didn't know terribly well (not saying it was them but they would have no reason to stare at my drink diligently while I hit the pisser).  Didn't get blackout drunk, but was certainly 'buzzed'----I had an extraordinarily high tolerance back then.  But even then, I would have "off nights" where I could tell I was getting drunk way faster than usual.  But this was not one of those nights.  I got home and was fine.  Went to bed but slept like 12 straight hours according to my wife.  I woke up and my limbs were incredibly sore and shaking.  Then I dragged myself outta bed to get food and water and everything came out projectile vomit style from Exorcist.  For over 48 hours, I couldn't even drink a glass of water without it shooting back out of me.  Didn't eat for 72+ hours.  Only thing I left the house for was to get a proper covid test from a nurse.  I popped negative, but she looked at me and knew something was off about me and told me to get tested for drugs in my system, whether I remember taking them for fun or not.  But I couldn't even make it out of home that long.  But I still wonder if I wasn't drugged, another reason I quit going to bars.  /csb  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

So this Tweeter has been interviewing a lot of the family members of the victims (is putting that all together for some kind of report) and now is down on Rainey Street walking around:

that's irresponsible bullshit. Take a look at the street view of the pinned location. That's one spot. This whole section right here would make it very easy, hell a few dozen yards east is a ramp, and there's a dock to fall off of a couple hundred west. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Latest victim is Jonathan Honey. If the pic on LinkedIn is the same Jonathan Honey, the dark haired theme continues. 

Yes. He was reported quickly as missing bc he was in town for a bachelor party from Washington DC. and the only drowning victim found within a day/day and a half. The other bodies were not found for days/weeks.

F07D7AE6-83B2-4A68-B4A0-09E461F6B05E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

that's irresponsible bullshit. Take a look at the street view of the pinned location. That's one spot. This whole section right here would make it very easy, hell a few dozen yards east is a ramp, and there's a dock to fall off of a couple hundred west. 

I think this guy is just starting to document everything….hasn’t finished yet. It may or may not be helpful at all. They were trying to look anything that could connect the drownings as well. According to this guy’s Twitter.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Shit man, glad you're okay.  If you don't mind me asking, what was the drug they used?  What kinda health issues you still having (anything nerve related?) .  

I had a similar experience, kinda.  Quit drinking as of late, but in January of 2022 when I would still hit up a bar after a work dinner or conference...I went out to a couple places with a small group of people who I didn't know terribly well (not saying it was them but they would have no reason to stare at my drink diligently while I hit the pisser).  Didn't get blackout drunk, but was certainly 'buzzed'----I had an extraordinarily high tolerance back then.  But even then, I would have "off nights" where I could tell I was getting drunk way faster than usual.  But this was not one of those nights.  I got home and was fine.  Went to bed but slept like 12 straight hours according to my wife.  I woke up and my limbs were incredibly sore and shaking.  Then I dragged myself outta bed to get food and water and everything came out projectile vomit style from Exorcist.  For over 48 hours, I couldn't even drink a glass of water without it shooting back out of me.  Didn't eat for 72+ hours.  Only thing I left the house for was to get a proper covid test from a nurse.  I popped negative, but she looked at me and knew something was off about me and told me to get tested for drugs in my system, whether I remember taking them for fun or not.  But I couldn't even make it out of home that long.  But I still wonder if I wasn't drugged, another reason I quit going to bars.  /csb  

Your experience sounds a lot like mine.   All I know for certain is that it has become a major problem in downtown bars here, and the cops think it is gang activity.

Tox screen showed nothing, but it was a few days later so who knows.  Docs assumed butanediol, as that is apparently what was being used for similar crimes at the time and it apparently doesn't show up in your piss after a few hours.   It's possible, but based on the long-lasting effects, I'm not convinced that was it.   I've woken up twice now in the middle of the night with severe vertigo, incapable of even making it from the bed to the bathroom, and have been wholly zapped of energy to the point I'm ready for bed around 6-7pm every day (was a nightowl prior), developed anemia (never had it before in my life), and have had severe head and neck pain on one side develop.  Currently awaiting results of brain MRI. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I've woken up twice now in the middle of the night with severe vertigo, incapable of even making it from the bed to the bathroom, and have been wholly zapped of energy to the point I'm ready for bed around 6-7pm every day (was a nightowl prior), developed anemia (never had it before in my life), and have had severe head and neck pain on one side develop.

Hmmmm...I had those symptoms last summer. Turned out it was West Nile virus. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Samson's Wig said:

Uh oh.  I'll add that to the list of things to ask the doc about. 

It was pretty much as you described. West Nile meningitis. I almost waited too long to see the doctor about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think this guy is just starting to document everything….hasn’t finished yet. It may or may not be helpful at all. They were trying to look anything that could connect the drownings as well. According to this guy’s Twitter.

I’m not ruling out the possibility that there is in fact a serial killer, but that account is a partisan political actor with an agenda to drive and anything they post should be taken with a very large grain of salt. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

An absolutely beautiful girl I went to high school with collapsed on dirty 6th in 2011 and died at the hospital. She wasn't a heavy drinker and was out with a bachelorette party. One minute she was fine, the next she was stumbling around and then collapsed. Her cause of death was malignant hyperthermia. MH is a reaction to a specific type of drug, and it is triggered by a very rare genetic condition. GHB and Succinylcholine are two of the drugs that can trigger that reaction.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Did they test for Lyme disease?

Probably oughta check for lupus.  Always check for lupus.  Even though it's never lupus.

Also, have a friend -- very fancy high-level education executive -- get drugged on a trip to Japan several years ago.  Absolutely blotto, no recollection of where he was, ended up in a hospital, all kinds of shit.  And Japan being Japan, they kept it hush-hush, did no investigation or anything like that.  But he was clearly being set up for being robbed, it just didn't work out for the robbers.  He was messed up for several days.

Drugged drinks are definitely a real thing, and are serious business.

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, have a friend -- very fancy high-level education executive -- get drugged on a trip to Japan several years ago.  Absolutely blotto, no recollection of where he was, ended up in a hospital, all kinds of shit.  And Japan being Japan, they kept it hush-hush, did no investigation or anything like that.  But he was clearly being set up for being robbed, it just didn't work out for the robbers.  He was messed up for several days.

How bad did your ass -- I mean, your friend's ass -- hurt after that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/2/2023 at 9:30 AM, Deej said:

I'd be cooler with this if it was stand up paddleboarders being killed. Those people are the electric scooter riders of the water.

Why? Is there some other business you're trying to take care of on the water? Do all those potential witnesses make you nervous?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I was living in Florida in the early 90s and they had some serial killers near Daytona Beach and in the Gainesville area, and the authorities struggled to figure it out, and people were losing their minds and lashing out at police and politicians, and the mayors/county officials were lashing out at each other and the police, etc.

I am not sure what happened or if the police discovered exactly what was going on and what the point of the murders were because the murders stopped after I moved out-of-state and everybody was then talking about Iraq/Kuwait, etc., but I heard that Charlize Theron was in a movie about somebody they pinned the murders on.

So, you lived in Florida while there was a serial killer on the loose, the killings stopped right after you moved, and - claiming to not know anything else about the case - you believe they just "pinned the murders" on someone? Pretty, pretty suspicious. Do you happen to live near Rainey? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Why? Is there some other business you're trying to take care of on the water? Do all those potential witnesses make you nervous?

How are we supposed to reignite the North Austin vs. South Austin tug-o-war over the lake with those assholes in the way?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7713508/?ref_=ttpl_ov

Some guy named Kevin Neece shot this scouting location video called “The Stalker of Lady Bird Lake” for Zombie Life TV on Public Access back in 2017. Interesting footage at any rate.

———————————-

Also I know it’s not related but remembering Haruka Weiser today! RIP!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Holy fuck! This is too funny to only be displayed on this page once.

I thought about posting it on the Facebook page, but that would have set everyone off over there. 😆 

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 4

If these deaths are simply people getting too drunk, wandering off, and falling in the water, then wouldn't we expect to see roughly a 50/50 split between men and women? I'm not sure why the decedents would all be men unless someone is targeting men in particular.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Your experience sounds a lot like mine.   All I know for certain is that it has become a major problem in downtown bars here, and the cops think it is gang activity.

Tox screen showed nothing, but it was a few days later so who knows.  Docs assumed butanediol, as that is apparently what was being used for similar crimes at the time and it apparently doesn't show up in your piss after a few hours.   It's possible, but based on the long-lasting effects, I'm not convinced that was it.   I've woken up twice now in the middle of the night with severe vertigo, incapable of even making it from the bed to the bathroom, and have been wholly zapped of energy to the point I'm ready for bed around 6-7pm every day (was a nightowl prior), developed anemia (never had it before in my life), and have had severe head and neck pain on one side develop.  Currently awaiting results of brain MRI. 

Also have your heart checked

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

If these deaths are simply people getting too drunk, wandering off, and falling in the water, then wouldn't we expect to see roughly a 50/50 split between men and women? I'm not sure why the decedents would all be men unless someone is targeting men in particular.

Or that there is another issue the city needs to correct in that area? 

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

So, you lived in Florida while there was a serial killer on the loose, the killings stopped right after you moved, and - claiming to not know anything else about the case - you believe they just "pinned the murders" on someone? Pretty, pretty suspicious. Do you happen to live near Rainey? 

CSB/ (?)

Many moons ago when I was in the service, I got stationed in the PNW south of Seattle.

The Green River Killer was busy at that time stalking prostitutes just south of SEATAC and dumping their bodies east in the Green River. One of my NCO's was going through a nasty divorce and his soon to be ex decided to report him to the task force handling the cases. He had nothing to do with it, but still had to spend more than one uncomfortable day(s) talking with detectives and explaining his whereabouts. 

Just now, BillyGoatHill said:

CSB/ (?)

Many moons ago when I was in the service, I got stationed in the PNW south of Seattle.

The Green River Killer was busy at that time stalking prostitutes just south of SEATAC and dumping their bodies east in the Green River. One of my NCO's was going through a nasty divorce and his soon to be ex decided to report him to the task force handling the cases. He had nothing to do with it, but still had to spend more than one uncomfortable day(s) talking with detectives and explaining his whereabouts. 

That man was Craig James. 

• Haha 4

Even when I was in college and law school and going out with my girlfriends we didn’t leave anyone alone/behind. Same today. 
Maybe guys are much different…guy says he is going for a walk or to a food truck or whatever that it’s not unusual he’d be going alone or to his car. With my girlfriends we wouldn’t let anyone go off alone…so that’s possibly why guys are an easier target maybe? 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Drunk men peeing in the lake and falling in? Come on, men will pee anywhere outdoors. It’s fun 

9 hours ago, South Austin said:

Fuck if I know, but seems unlikely that all of these deaths are folks simply getting so high that they wander to the lake and fall or hop in. One or two? Maybe. This many? Seems like something more is going on.

Doesn't this phenomenon happen in New Orleans also?  There is an inordinate amount of people that somehow make it over to the river and fall over drunk and drown.

Hey we can all fucking relax or whatever! New statement from APD!  (I notated the word demographics bc that’s important—)

New statement:

On Monday, April 3, APD provided a statementsaying the department is aware of speculation surrounding the cases. The department said although the cases are still under investigation and evidence is being analyzed, "at this time, there is no evidence in any of these cases to support allegations of foul play."

"While each incident has occurred at the lake, the circumstances, exact locations and demographics surrounding these cases vary," APD continued. "Our investigators approach every case with an open mind and objectively examine all available evidence." 

APD said it works closely with the Travis County Medical Examiner's Office, which conducts a parallel investigation into all deaths, including performing autopsies in each of these types of death investigations. APD said that the results of these autopsies have not "revealed any trauma to the bodies nor indication of foul play."

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/lady-bird-lake-drownings-austin-no-evidence-foul-play/269-ad86f373-6937-42b1-9ea5-0f63dfc94c31

• Hook 'Em 1