The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

I didn't have that one on my bingo card.

Darlin’ there is nothing about me that fits any sort of stereotype. I’m proud of this. 

APD getting all sorts of shit for the “statement” they put out. Follow park rules people!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:

If these deaths are simply people getting too drunk, wandering off, and falling in the water, then wouldn't we expect to see roughly a 50/50 split between men and women? I'm not sure why the decedents would all be men unless someone is targeting men in particular.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Or that there is another issue the city needs to correct in that area? 

How do you propose to make Rainey less of a sausage party? Or are you implying something else? Because I honestly can’t think of another rationalization for how your response to this post makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn’t know tonite would be Jim Nantz last March Madness game. Kinda cool…

So on to something in the APD statement that is very typical “demographics” I know what they mean (couldn’t possibly be connected if some guys are white, some Hispanic and some are Indian) and since there is no trauma to their bodies (even though family members of the drowning victims said almost all were acting strangely and some wound up in different places on the lake that would make no sense) there is no perp/killer. Whether there is a Rainey Street Ripper or Town Lake Dumper this is what typically happens. Anyway…some more images floating around Twitter (the myth that a serial killer only hunts one race or one orientation has been debunked.)

one of the reasons that many in law enforcement refuse to make certain connections is that if one victim doesn’t fit they refuse to see a pattern. Part of the reason that the speculation and connections has gone in different directions is because Julio Santos identified as androgynous. Another picture of him below the pictures of the others that people believe to be connected. Julio was not on Rainey as far as I can research but the theory is the rest of the men were all heterosexual (not been established) so his case doesn’t fit. Or it throws all the cases off bc different races and possible sexual orientations. 

50B3BADE-76B4-47E3-936D-DD467BC8ECDD.jpeg

3CA43CA3-F98F-4303-881E-7A43637A59EA.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Or… they weren’t all murdered. 

Not saying they were/were not. But to say that an alleged serial killer (not saying one exists) simply because the men were of different races/ethnicity/ orientation would be also a mistake that law enforcement has made quite a few times. Danger, Gasey, Lee or a few others hunted and killed people outside of their own status, race, orientation etc…so that why it is difficult to see a connection. The APD statement mentioned no trauma to the last two ( but both Martin and Christian had physical trauma.) not saying APD is wrong but discounting a connection based on “demographics” is also wrong too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

How do you propose to make Rainey less of a sausage party? Or are you implying something else? Because I honestly can’t think of another rationalization for how your response to this post makes sense.

Fence off access to the water, better lighting, crack down on overserving in the Rainey District, bigger police presence...

But Austin being Austin putting an entertainment district next to a large body of water and then failing to implement any safeguards is right on brand. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I don’t know any other white chicks obsessed with serial killers.

My fascination came from the fact that a sorority sister of mine was murdered by a serial killer. But that’s too far back in the thread…

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Bring in more serial killers.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I don’t know any other white chicks obsessed with serial killers.

It’s about to get TLDR but this is why:

when my sorority sister was murdered (stabbed 88 times and nearly decapitated and sexually assaulted as she lay there dying) I met the victims families. I met with the FBI. I met with the Baton Rouge PD. Murray btw (my sorority sister) fought with everything she had. They estimate from her blood spatter and trying to jump out of windows and how her blood fell that she fought him for somewhere near a half hour or so before she expired.

They would NOT move off of the “victims are white so the killer must be white” theory while women were still being killed. They took a sketch from a trucker who saw a white man in a white truck with a naked woman in it (shortly before Pam Kinnemore’s body was dumped on the Whiskey Bay exit) even though several of my sorority sister’s neighbors saw a man in Murray’s neighborhood a few times watching her house. They gave a sketch to the BRPD. It was a black man, Derrick Tood Lee. The BRPD disregarded that sketch for 6 months. It was accurate.

Two more women were viciously murdered after my sorority sister. Cops from the Zachary PD came to Baton Rouge and said to please check out Lee bc he’d been involved in numerous stalking/peeping Tom and other related incidents. Please we think he’s good for this. BRPD would not. Not until AFTER Carrie Yoder his last victim. So yeah I’m somewhat passionate about this shit. 

Anyway, the sketch of the white man (the one they refused to back off of), the sketch Murray’s neighbors gave that they refused to release to the public for six months and Derrick Todd Lee’s picture. Two women were murdered bc LE refused to see it.

F570FB32-9E95-442F-8733-DEF895C169A8.webp

CC337F94-4CDA-4D09-B405-9845126216DF.jpeg

B43FE06D-B273-4CC6-8D8B-9E6801DA11BF.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Last on the Baton Rouge serial killer (Derick Todd Lee who thankfully died in prison) do you see any similarities in all of his known victims (linked by DNA, the fact that he took trophies and phone chords from their houses used to strangle other women with)? Ah jeez…Dene was murdered at her mom’s gravesite and she was black and had her brain nearly knocked out of her skull so it must not fit. If not for DNA the BRPD would be stumped because the women varied in ages…but I see the similarities. Btw Gina Green was Murray’s neighbor when Gina was murdered in September 2001 (understandably since it was around 911 people had a different focus) but Murray moved and about two weeks after she moved to a new place in May of 2002 she was murdered in her home. He stalked her for months so he was waiting a long time to kill her. Enough of that…but this is why I am passionate/follow this shit because I would hate for there to be someone drugging men and drowning them here if this was happening but have nothing done because dots can’t be connected .

93012DE1-AE07-4DA9-A818-84EF598488A2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

The soon-to-be lack of landlines would have done him in, eventually. 

(Yeah, yeah, I'm going to hell.)

Sorry you had to go through that, Nicole.

It’s all good. I will say after having met those women’s family members I am still haunted by it. Pam’s mom and her two poodles. Deme’s dad who was dying from cancer. They all banded together and fought for publicity at a time when there wasn’t really much of a social media way to do so. I got to meet the writer Patricia Cornwell who offered millions to the BRPD and their “task force” and they turned it down. Lee left his wedding ring on Murray’s sink after he killed and sexually assaulted her and Patricia was saying “Jesus you have this fucker’s DNA why not release the fact that he left a wedding ring behind to get more tips from the public?” It was a colossal fuck up of mammoth proportions. Three women were murdered after Murray. It didn’t have to go down that way. At the very least Dene and Carrie could have been spared. They didn’t want to back off their profile. I don’t know if there is a serial killer here or just someone drugging guys for kicks but I don’t want to ever see that shit happen again. I sincerely hope there isn’t one. I’m not so obsessed with true crime…I’d be elated there wasn’t one. I hope there is not. But nothing substantial has been done to make sure these drownings don’t keep happening. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m not ruling out the possibility that there is in fact a serial killer, but that account is a partisan political actor with an agenda to drive and anything they post should be taken with a very large grain of salt. 

So put Bozo down for Serial Killer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just how close do locations, demographics, and circumstances have to be for APD to decide they are related?  Not exactly a quantifiable statement they put out there. 

Well, there's a lotta ins, a lotta outs, lotta what have yous.  Not to mention a lotta creeks that become rivers which are called lakes with a lot of tributaries and runoffs and whatnots.  You gotta know your Austin aquatic based serial killing history to question APD leadership.  I mean, you got your Lake Buchanan Butcher, your Colorado Cutter River Rampager, your Marble Falls Marauder, Lake Austin Asshole, your Pedernales Pederass, and now you got your Town Lake/Rainey Street situation.  None were ever solved.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just how close do locations, demographics, and circumstances have to be for APD to decide they are related?  Not exactly a quantifiable statement they put out there. 

The park closes at 10:00 pm or whatever was the part they are most get roasting for on social media. Don’t drown in the damn park when it’s closed! I already tweeted/clapped back at that weak ass statement. I knew they’d go with demographics (bc different races/orientations) I’ve seen this shit happen with my own eyes. They also let out no trauma to victims which is bullshit. so unless this is some sort of strategy to enrage a serial killer that is offended by the police not recognizing their work and make them make a mistake…then ya. It’s a shit statement. They are focusing on the races and orientations of the victims and not the overall physical appearance and that’s a mistake. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The park closes at 10:00 pm or whatever was the part they are most get roasting for on social media. Don’t drown in the damn park when it’s closed! I already tweeted/clapped back at that weak ass statement. I knew they’d go with demographics (bc different races/orientations) I’ve seen this shit happen with my own eyes. They also let out no trauma to victims which is bullshit. so unless this is some sort of strategy to enrage a serial killer that is offended by the police not recognizing their work and make them make a mistake…then ya. It’s a shit statement. They are focusing on the races and orientations of the victims and not the overall physical appearance and that’s a mistake. 

Was there trauma to the victims? What kind of trauma? My first reaction would be gang related but that guess would change if there wasn't any trauma and the victims weren't robbed.

Most weren't robbed of anything.  And sorry, a roving gang of misfits is gonna stick out like a sore thumb on Rainey Street, even on the southern end and especially in the green spaces/trail areas.  "Oh look fellow tourists, just some young men getting in a night hike."  

One fucking press conference comment about toxicology would go a long way to calming nerves right now.  As Nicole said though, decent chance they don't want to publicly announce any major clues they have to the killer(s), if any.  But this is 2023, not 1973.  Social media, however inaccurate and misguided, is putting shit together and making people nervous.  Not like Summer of Sam in New York, "No folks, it just happens to be a lot of dead women that all look alike, dying in the same fashion, within a few yards of a talking dog.  Purely coincidence."  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Was there trauma to the victims? What kind of trauma? My first reaction would be gang related but that guess would change if there wasn't any trauma and the victims weren't robbed.

If they are connected then yes. Martin Gutierrez had trauma (face and head) and Christian Pugh was left with life altering significantly incapacitating injuries. None of them were robbed unless they had cash on them (no one I can find had their debit or bank cards used/stolen.) 

a profiler I follow said if there is one here then this person gets off on the act of drugging someone and watching the effects kick in and then drowning them. They follow them and push them in. I’m not saying this is accurate or understandable. But it’s the act of this that makes them “get off” or feel excited. Probably traumatized by drowning or a baptism in their personal lives and enjoys watching someone be helpless and defenseless. Martin Gutierrez was known to be a good swimmer so who knows? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

not saying it was woefully original, but I posted that same notion up-thread a few pages back.  I mean, I only remember the layout of that green-space, the alleys, the trail, etc. from a few nights of taking out clients and visitors a few years back.  But I've been back in the daytime very recently before this thread started and did site surveys with the MACC and know the area pretty well.  But somebody looking to get famous is gonna think, "I"ve got to go experience it myself at 1:00a with my phone and reporter notepad"  And voila.  

Which leads me to the fact that this demented fucking state?  We are just years, maybe just months before there is a serial killer who targets true crime podcasters/bloggers in a cruel twist of irony.   Like how Dexter was a serial killer of other killers, this guy will kill serial killer aficionados.  

Edited by YGIFS

I haven’t been to Rainey street in like at least 8-10 years. Seems far from the the lake when I went, nobody would venture to the lake basically from Rainey

I trust Nicole. She nailed the murdaugh prediction early on and y’all laughed.

Keep investigating nicole.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well, there's a lotta ins, a lotta outs, lotta what have yous.  Not to mention a lotta creeks that become rivers which are called lakes with a lot of tributaries and runoffs and whatnots.  You gotta know your Austin aquatic based serial killing history to question APD leadership.  I mean, you got your Lake Buchanan Butcher, your Colorado Cutter River Rampager, your Marble Falls Marauder, Lake Austin Asshole, your Pedernales Pederass, and now you got your Town Lake/Rainey Street situation.  None were ever solved.

The Lower Colorado River Assassin, whose acronym works great in sentences.  “The LCRA was linked to another murder.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I’d be curious if the APD has re-interviewed the friends out with these guys (some of which began behaving irrationally/uncharacteristically) and ask if anyone approached their friend that was rebuffed. That would be what you’d want to know.

In Jason John’s case they didn’t want to say a bar or anything just that he was out celebrating with friends (not sure if there are religious/societal pressures with that)

If they were drugged at a bar (and there are different bars all of them seem to have been at) that person would have to be close enough to drug them. Did someone seem to be chatting up their friend and get nowhere?

Otherwise you are then looking for someone  targeting a male in a group that splits off and that follows them and doses them and pushes them in the water. Or over a bridge. I was doing research on a guy (husband and dad) that came here for some sporting event his daughter was in and went to a rooftop bar/restaurant and was also found in the lake. He wasn’t on Rainey Street though and last known use of his card was at that restaurant.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The Lower Colorado River Assassin, whose acronym works great in sentences.  “The LCRA was linked to another murder.”

Yeah, we're gonna run with this one PdM, I like your style

The Lowly Colorado River Assassin?  

"The LCRA links together a series of lakes and dead bar goers for the enjoyment of all of Central Texas."  

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

I haven’t been to Rainey street in like at least 8-10 years. Seems far from the the lake when I went, nobody would venture to the lake basically from Rainey

If it's any consolation, when this thread popped up, I had to go look up where it was at (I haven't really done the 6th street/bar hopping/etc. thing in over 10 years, since my first kid was born).  I was off by about 6 blocks.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it's any consolation, when this thread popped up, I had to go look up where it was at (I haven't really done the 6th street/bar hopping/etc. thing in over 10 years, since my first kid was born).  I was off by about 6 blocks.

A likely story. You just made the list, buddy.