The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yep, that’s been working assumption for the podcast in my head.  Start stumbling westward, it gets wooded and confusing if you’re fucked up.  No cameras.  No lights.  You wander to the south end of Rainey, you turn around and there’s a ton of lights.  You wander west behind macc and Milagro and tried around, it’s pretty disorienting. 

Which, again, leads you closer to the big monk parakeets nests and they are probably the real culprits

No doubt going westward it is a lot more likely (and shorter) to get to the water or get lost. Plus is pretty dark on the trails behind the Milagro  and near the cultural center. My earlier comment was just written for the sake of heading down Rainey distance wise. While drunks or drugged people don't obviously make the best decisions, them all going that way seemed not as likely. Just 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Why on Earth would you stay at Hotel Van Zandt if you don’t like the area? Multiple times, even. It’s a beating to get in/out of there to begin with.

My wife is a hotel snob, it’s a nice place with an overall nice location and we stayed there in Feb as they had on offer cheaper than our usual downtown mainstays like Fairmont, Hyatt Regency, the W, The Line, etc.  

59 minutes ago, Homercles said:

My wife is a hotel snob, it’s a nice place with an overall nice location and we stayed there in Feb as they had on offer cheaper than our usual downtown mainstays like Fairmont, Hyatt Regency, the W, The Line, etc.  

Stayed at the HVZ one time. Completely rotten with bachelor and bachelorette parties and the rooms were pretty shitty. Fuck that place. The Proper is a much, much better hotel. Hell, even the new Marriott across from the Four Seasons is nicer.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Nice location?  You just said you hate the area.  You get caught up like this during cross examination and you’re going to the chair, man.  

Fair enough but it’s downtown, near Emmer and Rye with a Royal Blue nearby, and I like the beds.  We just don’t go to bars on Rainey anymore, which sucks because I loved me a Long Hair Don’t Care outside in the afternoon at Lustre Pearl way back.  Was able to snag a room for $220/night in February, which has sadly become the exception lately. 

21 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Fair enough but it’s downtown, near Emmer and Rye with a Royal Blue nearby, and I like the beds.  We just don’t go to bars on Rainey anymore, which sucks because I loved me a Long Hair Don’t Care outside in the afternoon at Lustre Pearl way back.  Was able to snag a room for $220/night in February, which has sadly become the exception lately. 

The proper is a better location, with good beds, and their restaurant The Peacock is fantastic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyway…we don’t need to worry about a dumper or ripper or drowned bc if there was a connection APD would have found it. This is what the news stories have been saying since Jonathan Honey’s body was found on 4/1/23. They have been looking for a connection…

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s pretty funny! I’m not fitlump though. I would have thought my brief appearance in the chicks over 40 thread would have made that clear. Lmao. @Goredho that is hysterical. Great way to start a Friday! Still laughing…not enough rep for me to give you. 

I am glad you are a good sport, I can only imagine it would be tough to be the one woman at the sausage fest that is Surly.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

I am glad you are a good spot sport, I can only imagine it would be tough to be the one woman at the sausage fest that is Surly.

It’s all good. 🤘🏼if I couldn’t laugh at myself I’d be in deep shit…or in a van down by the river…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

That your van then down at the corner of Rainey and East?  No windows and a mural of Selena on the driver’s side?  We all like you but you gotta quit incriminating yourself, we will have to cooperate with the authorities.  

kudos though for blasting “midnight rider” from your van to lure ‘selections’

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/6/2023 at 3:47 PM, Homercles said:

On 4/6/2023 at 4:13 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

The proper is a better location, with good beds, and their restaurant The Peacock is fantastic.

Buncha foo-foo bastids. Days Inn for the win, eat at Starseeds, then a stagger through the park to the Crown if you know where the bike bridge is.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Looks like there will be more changes. This is a good thing but I have to wonder why it took so long. There has been a significant push by victim’s families since 2018–most especially by Martin Gutierrez’s brother, Mitchell. 

I have seen flashing signs all over town advertising 

“Now Hiring Lifeguards”

Seems like a good start. 

• Haha 2

On 4/3/2023 at 11:22 AM, Nicole44 said:

So this Tweeter has been interviewing a lot of the family members of the victims (is putting that all together for some kind of report) and now is down on Rainey Staround:

Rainy is a no go tonight. Just found out tommy wants wings moved to Lucky Duck. Staying away from the Town Lake killer and going to walk to Uptown Club. @Nicole44

Think I am safe?

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Enemy07 said:

Rainy is a no go tonight. Just found out tommy wants wings moved to Lucky Duck. Staying away from the Town Lake killer and going to walk to Uptown Club. @Nicole44

Think I am safe?

Not sure if serious but hanging solo is probably a bad idea. Not kidding about that. And watch your drinks. Posters have commented on having their drinks spiked (unknowingly—an assault.) I won’t comment on my own personal experience with this (I got dosed by something) but it’s something that is happening in the entertainment district downtown. I do now (by virtue of putting some feelers out there—fishing for information) know for a fact that the police are aware that people are being drugged downtown (be it on Rainey or elsewhere)—I would add a caveat. This would be as I now understand don’t take everything APD says truth positive (meaning if they do suspect a person as doing something like this they aren’t going to say it or tell the public.) I’m not a big fan of this strategy—if that’s what is truly happening bc forewarned is forearmed imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

@Enemy07 seriously dude don't leave your drink unattended and watch the bartender make it. Outside of that, you're in Austin. As long as you aren't an idiot have fun walking around by yourself or with others. 

Wait, is that a real thing people have to actually worry about in a restaurant bar type setting?  

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wait, is that a real thing people have to actually worry about in a restaurant bar type setting?  

In certain settings I’d use extreme caution regarding your drinks. There is too much evidence suggesting that it is happening. People acting strangely. Security and lights and cameras are great and hope that happens sooner than later (Rainey Street) but taking all these cases as a whole (the drownings) and reading about many other people who have said they’ve gone downtown or to Rainey and maybe had one or two drinks and remember diddly shit about what happened it’s too coincidental and I don’t believe in that many coincidences. There is just too much evidence that speaks to the contrary 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

In certain settings I’d use extreme caution regarding your drinks. There is too much evidence suggesting that it is happening. People acting strangely. Security and lights and cameras are great and hope that happens sooner than later (Rainey Street) but taking all these cases as a whole (the drownings) and reading about many other people who have said they’ve gone downtown or to Rainey and maybe had one or two drinks and remember diddly shit about what happened it’s too coincidental and I don’t believe in that many coincidences. There is just too much evidence that speaks to the contrary 

Yes. Serious.  Only have felt drugged a few times but have made it safely home all times. I am a male by the way.

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Enemy07 said:

Yes. Serious.  Only have felt drugged a few times but have made it safely home all times. I am a male by the way.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

'A few times' seems a little odd. 

Because he's some dickhead lurker/troll and I should have known before I commented. I just wanted to make sure that, if it was a legitimate inquiry, someone was getting the proper advice. 

• Like 2