The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Louie’s Lounge just off 6th was my go-to beer joint back in the day. 
Beer & shuffleboard. 
Fancy date night would be at the New Orleans Club on Red River.

I knew one of the guys that used to manage New Orleans Club.  He was later one of the main players behind Donn's Depot and El Arroyo.  Fun places.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

When I worked at Steamboat in the early 80's we jokingly called the 606 "The Bob" because of their sign.

It was on Trinity back then just north on 6th.

spacer.png

We always called in 6-0-Chicks, because you know...a bunch of hot sorority girls

• 3 weeks later...

@South Austin Nicole might be headed our way and moving up Shoal Creek.

Body found in Shoal Creek - 29th Street and North Lamar.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/police-body-found-in-shoal-creek-in-central-austin/

I'm guessing homeless.  We had a few spots north of that area that we could take our kids fishing to, but there's been homeless tents/camps up there recently, so we have to avoid the place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t see how police can be so confident there’s no serial killer. They say there’s no sign of trauma, but can’t the serial killer just hold these drunk guys underwater until they drown? No one would be able to tell the difference between an accidental drowning and a serial killer drowning. 

37 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t see how police can be so confident there’s no serial killer. They say there’s no sign of trauma, but can’t the serial killer just hold these drunk guys underwater until they drown? No one would be able to tell the difference between an accidental drowning and a serial killer drowning. 

You have to be really, really careful not to leave marks on their necks or limbs or whatever when you hold them underwater. Somebody puts up a fight and you end up digging in a little bit/grabbing a little harder with your fingers, and suddenly you're leaving evidence of some sort.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You have to be really, really careful not to leave marks on their necks or limbs or whatever when you hold them underwater. Somebody puts up a fight and you end up digging in a little bit/grabbing a little harder with your fingers, and suddenly you're leaving evidence of some sort.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If drugging the victims is really an m.o. of a purported serial killer, then wouldn't it be much easier to drown the victims with no sign of trauma?

• Like 1

[mention=185]South Austin[/mention] Nicole might be headed our way and moving up Shoal Creek.
Body found in Shoal Creek - 29th Street and North Lamar.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/police-body-found-in-shoal-creek-in-central-austin/
I'm guessing homeless.  We had a few spots north of that area that we could take our kids fishing to, but there's been homeless tents/camps up there recently, so we have to avoid the place.

Yep. I used to walk through there all the time and let my dog off leash to swim if there was enough water. But in the last few years, there’s been a homeless presence back in the bamboo, including one asshole who threw rocks at dogs. She was finally arrested, but this DA prob let her back out after 5 min.

Initial reports were that the victim was in their 20s. Just hope it wasn’t someone out for a run and crossed paths with a meth’d up homeless dude. Lots of students use the Shoal Creek trail around there.

15 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

Yep. I used to walk through there all the time and let my dog off leash to swim if there was enough water. But in the last few years, there’s been a homeless presence back in the bamboo, including one asshole who threw rocks at dogs. She was finally arrested, but this DA prob let her back out after 5 min.

Initial reports were that the victim was in their 20s. Just hope it wasn’t someone out for a run and crossed paths with a meth’d up homeless dude. Lots of students use the Shoal Creek trail around there.

I walk along that area often, starting from around 35th.  Usually turn around when I get to about 29th (its near my office) so I'll have to see what's going on over there next time... not looking for bodies, tho.

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You walk from 35th street to Rainey Street but stop at 29th street, 28 blocks from Rainey Street?  And thats your alibi?  But you're totally not the killer despite your insane story?  

Ah... let me try again...

I work near 38th and often walk down to the trail to break up the monotony of my job... I'll go down to 29th and then make my way back up to 38th and Lamar.  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You walk from 35th street to Rainey Street but stop at 29th street, 28 blocks from Rainey Street?  And thats your alibi?  But you're totally not the killer despite your insane story?  

How fast can you run 3 miles?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nicole has changed her dumping spot. 

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A body was recovered from Lady Bird Lake Tuesday morning, according to the Austin Fire Department.

AFD said the body was found around 1000 W. Cesar Chavez St., near where Barton Creek comes into the lake.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/afd-body-recovered-from-lady-bird-lake-tuesday/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/29/2023 at 8:45 AM, YGIFS said:

Why you always gotta "what about Chicago?" everything?  Why can't we just have our own serial killer.  Here.  In Austin.  On this very thread.  

We still had the original Servant Girl Annihilator.

No serial killer in the United States will ever top that name.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...

Autopsy came back on the April victim

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/man-found-in-lady-bird-lake-died-of-accidental-drowning-autopsy-shows/

A man pulled from Lady Bird Lake near Rainey Street in April died of accidental drowning, according to an autopsy the Travis County Medical Examiner’s Office released to KXAN Monday.

The autopsy says Jonathan Honey, 33, was drinking at a bar and then “left his friends to find food.” Honey was reported missing to the Austin Police Department on March 31, police previously said. His body was later recovered from Lady Bird Lake near 10 Rainey Street, KXAN reported. Honey’s toxicology report showed there was alcohol in his system. He had drugs in his system consistent with over the counter or prescribed medications.

After Honey’s death, APD said in a statement some of the deaths at Lady Bird Lake remained under investigation, but the evidence didn’t support “allegations of foul play.”

APD said at the time the “circumstances, exact locations and demographics surrounding these cases vary…One common theme of the drownings in Austin this year is the combination of alcohol and easy access to Lady Bird Lake.”

The autopsy report for Jason John — the 30-year-old man who was found dead in Lady Bird Lake near Rainey Street at the beginning of the year — was also released to KXAN. The Travis County Medical Examiner’s Office determined his cause of death for John was drowning and the manner of death was ruled accidentally stumbling across a blonde 40-something woman.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

6'3", 215#, ill-fitting suit.  I think I saw that guy in Atlanta.  

Jokes aside-was this guy last seen near Rainey Street/Town Lake or is this just a missing person in general?  Nicole likes to work well after dark, seems like this man went missing around 8:00p when she's still cleaning her tools.  

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2023 at 1:44 AM, Dbeasy said:

On 6/12/2023 at 2:23 AM, atomheartbevo said:

eddie-murphy-im-smart.gif

• 3 weeks later...

No…this drunk ass bitch in the article is NOT me (been sober since 4/24/22) but perhaps the Austin PD (as fine as they are at solving crimes) might take a look at this woman since she’s currently at large…This incident happened 6 months ago but victim suing the bar…

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-man-sues-rainey-street-bar-parlor-room?taid=650125c3fb4e1e0001b356cc&utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

An Austin man is suing a Rainey Street bar after he says a drunk patron attacked him, smashing her glass in his face, and leaving him with permanent scars.

"The first one slices about halfway through my forehead, then zigzags down through my eyebrow, barely misses my eye, big gash right here, and then down and over here," said Billy Raisch, 27, pointing out his scars as he spoke exclusively to FOX 7 Austin.

In the commotion, the woman apparently took off.

"The staff was telling me that the manager was holding her in the office," said Raisch. "The manager came out and was like, 'Oh, no, she's not here.'"

Raisch was rushed away in an ambulance.

"He left the hospital after 4 hours of clean up and picking glass out of his face, with about 26 stitches," said Wood.

For months, Wood says he tried unsuccessfully to get Parlor Room to turn over evidence to help track the woman down. As a result of that lack of evidence to identify the suspect, Austin police eventually suspended its investigation.

"I’d want her to see my face. I'd like to ask her if she even remembers breaking glass on my face over and over," said Raisch. "I'm not going to let it go away. These scars are not going to go away."

——————

Anyway she ought to be checked out but I guess she just vanished…on February 26, 2023. Dude’s injuries from his encounter with BSC! 

IMG_7228.webp

Edited by Nicole44

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Poor guy. He's going to get laid too easily now that he won't appreciate it anymore. 

Pen me your sob story when you lose an eye or part of your nose. 

If there's one thing I've learned from this site, it's that you don't need scars to get laid. You just need to move to Mexico and get a couple of child brides. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Banned and re-emerged parade up in this bitch  

He's always juggling at least a couple, and if you pay attention, you'll notice it'll be a low-count one that had gone dormant right after creation for months before suddenly reappearing when another dies.