The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I share the frustration but you’d think there’d be one homicide detective who gives fuck one and would get off his ass and go pull footage from the nights in question from residents/business down there to make a name for himself as solving a serial killer mystery.  

No donut incentives involved?

I think since this last drowning victim was found so quickly (the one in February of this year was in the water for over a week) that they can do a fairly good job with an autopsy and toxicology. And if there is any other evidence pointing to a murder perhaps they can find that out also. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think since this last drowning victim was found so quickly (the one in February of this year was in the water for over a week) that they can do a fairly good job with an autopsy and toxicology. And if there is any other evidence pointing to a murder perhaps they can find that out also. 

some cameras along the lake, covering 500 yards in both directions from Rainey would go a long way here 

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Go put up a game cam yourself. Get famous.

@Patricio Swayzeshould come down and   Set up some cameras. 

At least with this last victim we have a tight timeline and if authorities care to investigate it shouldn’t be too hard to interview or find witnesses etc…but who knows. It reminds me of the mayor in Jaws. Nothing to see here folks. I’d hope if there was foul play and they can connect others that they’d set up some security measures and at least men would be warned to some degree not to wander off alone at night down there. Twitter is hopping on this today

• Hook 'Em 1

This article was about the three men from 2018:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/no-connections-found-in-mens-deaths-near-downtown-austin-waters-police-say/269-623209651

from the article:

"Rumors have come out, I know social media has been talking about a 'serial killer' and such, and no, none of the deaths are related," said Sgt. Eric De Los Santos of the APD Homicide Unit.

Police are still awaiting toxicology reports on some cases but confirmed none of the recent deaths have been connected, stating some were simply just accidents or overdoses.
—————-

2022 there were quite a few and now two men in the last two months in 2023. But I guess they were all accidents or overdoses and also not connected. Okeedokee! 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Oops GIF by Out of Office

• Haha 1

It'd be hard to catch the killer though through other means, like cell phone tower records, since he's probably smart enough to kick it over to airport mode while still taking photos/video or using his phone for a flashlight, and also there are so many tens of thousands of people who move through that area that it'd be a needle in a haystack.

45 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

@Patricio Swayzeshould come down and   Set up some cameras. 

At least with this last victim we have a tight timeline and if authorities care to investigate it shouldn’t be too hard to interview or find witnesses etc…but who knows. It reminds me of the mayor in Jaws. Nothing to see here folks. I’d hope if there was foul play and they can connect others that they’d set up some security measures and at least men would be warned to some degree not to wander off alone at night down there. Twitter is hopping on this today

apd doesn’t give a fuck 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It'd be hard to catch the killer though through other means, like cell phone tower records, since he's probably smart enough to kick it over to airport mode while still taking photos/video or using his phone for a flashlight, and also there are so many tens of thousands of people who move through that area that it'd be a needle in a haystack.

It will be a lot harder now to connect any from before 2022 most likely. Plus if one or two don’t fit a pattern authorities are more apt to say them that none are related. Having gone through this personally with friends back in Baton Rouge so much politics involved. It’s frustrating. At the very least they need to put up more lights asap and other things. Anyway, the list from the last few years (some clearly don’t fit a pattern) but I’d focus on the ones the last several months I guess. I don’t know. 

List:

BA6169A1-8CDD-4E15-B34A-C9B735BB4517.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Seems like maybe a police presence down by the water might help. 

That would be nice. At least 7-10 of the men fit the specific in from out of town out with friends on Rainey Street get separated from the group and are found dead in the lake/around the lake. It’s hard to get information on some of them though. But for sure 7 men. Twitter/other sites talking about this think it’s more like 9 or 10. But it should be enough of a concern at this point that the city/police should be doing more. At least 5 people in the last few months whether they fit the pattern or not. But 7 for sure fit that specific pattern 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

917D4A1B-9EA6-4F20-80BA-D511655C8479.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

I thinks it's Nicole. She's hoping for a Netflix/Hulu/Discovery+ series.

I very rarely hit downtown. Plus, I was out of town for the February drowning. And was no where near downtown Friday night. Lol…

I was thinking about the rumors that men were drugged. Most of the bodies were found days later and horribly decomposed and exposed to all the shit in that lake. This last one though from Friday night I’d look for an injection point. Social media wondering why it appears like there was no trauma or evidence of defensive wounds or fighting back. The only thing I can think of is a paralytic. Something that would almost immediately paralyze you. 

Succinylcholine is a depolarizing muscle relaxant that has been used for rapid sequence induction and for procedures requiring only a brief duration of muscle relaxation since the late 1950s. The drug, however, has serious side effects and a significant number of contraindications.

This drug will not show up in a toxicology Screen or tests because it degrades rapidly. And unless you know what you are looking for (think an immediate discovery of a person) and you test specifically for that you aren’t going To find anything. There were a couple of Forensic
Files on that. Nevada State Controller Kathy Augustine was murdered by her husband who was a nurse with the drug back in 2008. But I think you’d have to work at a medical facility or
something similar to get access to something like that now. Just a thought. 

Whoever this person is they are waiting for a guy to be separated from the group. So this person is likely down in that area a lot hunting. Waiting for someone to be separated from the herd. It could be one guy, one gal or more than one person. But I’d bet that person has tried multiple times and been unsuccessful (meaning no lone person separates.) Covid changed things a lot. Fewer patrons. City was basically shut down. Everyone wearing masks and fewer people out partying so there weren’t many targets. And it would have been a lot harder to get someone alone. Now everything is almost back to pre-Covid so this person can continue hunting. If that’s what is happening.

In 2018, 25-year-old Martin Gutierrez was found dead near Lady Bird Lake after disappearing on Nov. 19. He was last seen during a night out on Rainey Street.

Martin’s brother has been extremely active on social media and going to council meetings and talking to news stations etc…he is firm in his belief that his brother’s death was no accident. He’s been a constant rallying force and with the drowning in February he has tried very hard to get cameras, lighting, security and the like down there and has been calling a lot of attention to it and gotten very few results. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

There's a 97% chance that this set of killings is solved by some obsessed weirdos who are WAY into true-crime shit.  With an attendant 96% chance that at first, they identify the wrong person as a suspect, and ruin his/her life.   Then, after months of insisting the perpetrator was person X, one of them will realize they missed something obvious, and it's actually person Y.  And coming with all of this is the attendant 99% chance that APD never even tries to connect any of these killings, instead devoting all of their efforts to new contract negotiations and berating the citizens for not loving them enough.

Yeah, that all seems about right.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

It will be a lot harder now to connect any from before 2022 most likely. Plus if one or two don’t fit a pattern authorities are more apt to say them that none are related. Having gone through this personally with friends back in Baton Rouge so much politics involved. It’s frustrating

Yeah, I was living in Florida in the early 90s and they had some serial killers near Daytona Beach and in the Gainesville area, and the authorities struggled to figure it out, and people were losing their minds and lashing out at police and politicians, and the mayors/county officials were lashing out at each other and the police, etc.

I am not sure what happened or if the police discovered exactly what was going on and what the point of the murders were because the murders stopped after I moved out-of-state and everybody was then talking about Iraq/Kuwait, etc., but I heard that Charlize Theron was in a movie about somebody they pinned the murders on.

• Hook 'Em 1