How to transfer money from Mexico to the US?

El Tri

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Their U.S. bank should have a Swift code which is like the routing number for international transfers.  Or they could just put the cash in a paper sack and drive across the border

Just a note that many credit unions and local/regional banks don't have Swift codes and instead will want the Mexican bank to go through a partner US bank that does have access to the Fed.

On 3/22/2023 at 2:48 PM, El Tri said:

My parents sold their home in Mexico and we want to transfer that money to their bank account in the US.

How can this be done? The bank is Citibanamex. 

This kind of thing literally happens a thousand times a day in Mexico. Citibanamex is one of the largest banks in Mexico. Why don't your parents ask an account rep at Citibanamex what their best options are? Why are you asking idiots on Surly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/22/2023 at 4:13 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Their U.S. bank should have a Swift code which is like the routing number for international transfers.  Or they could just put the cash in a paper sack and drive across the border

my parents have suggested this and i've told them someone at the bank will target them

On 3/22/2023 at 4:33 PM, SimonBolivar said:

Just a note that many credit unions and local/regional banks don't have Swift codes and instead will want the Mexican bank to go through a partner US bank that does have access to the Fed.

sweet, i'll look into this for them

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 8:13 PM, rage-a-holic said:

This kind of thing literally happens a thousand times a day in Mexico. Citibanamex is one of the largest banks in Mexico. Why don't your parents ask an account rep at Citibanamex what their best options are? Why are you asking idiots on Surly?

to generate web revenue through entertainment purposes, moose out front shoulda told ya.