Amazing how much "experience" Texas has with the teams in the Sweet 16:

Played KSU twice (split)

Demolished Arkansas in meaningless scrimmage

Blown out at Tennessee in January

Routed Gonzaga in Austin in November

Scrimmaged Houston in preseason and supposedly did well

Beat Creighton in Austin in December

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Arkansas +4 vs. Uconn looks good.  Zags  ML vs. UCLA.  KSU ML vs MSU.

Miami +7.5 vs. UH, Xavier +4 vs. UT. 

You're betting against Izzo with time to prepare for Nowell for a +100 to +105 money line? That's bold sir. 

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're betting against Izzo with time to prepare for Nowell for a +100 to +105 money line? That's bold sir. 

there was actually a stat they showed during the msu/marquette game the other day that the games in which Izzo is really lethal in the tourney are the ones where he only has a day in between games.

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

there was actually a stat they showed during the msu/marquette game the other day that the games in which Izzo is really lethal in the tourney are the ones where he only has a day in between games.

found it!

A big part of Izzo’s success in March is his ability to prepare his team for a new opponent in less than 48 hours, a key to victory when trying to get out of a regional pod. The Spartans’ win on Sunday means that Izzo is now 25-7 on the second game of a March Madness weekend, an incredible feat that speaks directly to his coaching ability.

https://fansided.com/2023/03/19/tom-izzo-confirmed-march-madness-wizard/

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

C'mon, Zags!  

Saw a graphic on Twitter that only 4 of the S16 Teams have won a title. 

The Office Ugh GIF by Romy

Injuries remain the big question for UCLA.  Adem Bona's left shoulder and David Singleton's ankle.  I think both play.  How effectively remains the question.

Edited by Sbbruin

59 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

they have a shooter with a flawless fundamentally shooting form, a mini Klay Thompson.  It's amazing how he ever misses a clean look, robotic.  Will be fun to watch. 

Yeah they've been impressive.

I wouldn't be shocked if they won outright so +10 seems like a huge amount of points to me in that game. I like taking the points on the big spreads. I rode FDU +15.5 hard last weekend.

I'm on the Zags ML and K St ML tonight. Also have a parlay with over 133 in K St/MSU, over 134 in Ark/Uconn, under 136 in FAU/Tenn, and over 140 in Zags/UCLA 

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

man that's a lot of wins, individually and aggregate, for zero titles.  

4 of these 10 are still alive.

336365686_202040162473506_2730929626912310560_n.thumb.png.bf61fdbd7fddf4ea3a61faa13f7321d0.png

Had no idea OU had more tourney wins than UT.  They've done well since joining the B12 but looks like they did really well in the 80s.

Same for KSU.  They were apparently a powerhouse in the 60s and 70s.

54 minutes ago, ryskey said:

Had no idea OU had more tourney wins than UT.  They've done well since joining the B12 but looks like they did really well in the 80s.

Same for KSU.  They were apparently a powerhouse in the 60s and 70s.

Billy Tubbs. 

They were basically in the tournament every year.  They lost to Kansas in the final in 1988.  Danny Manning.  Kansas beat them in the final after OU had beaten Kansas pretty handily at least twice in the regular season.

3 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Need to stop having games overlap once we hit 16.

That means you tip the first game around 3P Eastern on Thursday and Friday. CBS and Turner didn't pay $20 billion for the rights to go down that path.

The first game tips for today and tomorrow moved up 40 minutes over last year to provide a little more cushion with things. 

34 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

That means you tip the first game around 3P Eastern on Thursday and Friday. CBS and Turner didn't pay $20 billion for the rights to go down that path.

The first game tips for today and tomorrow moved up 40 minutes over last year to provide a little more cushion with things. 

yeah they are starting a little too early tonight and tomorrow for my liking, but they have done a pretty good job of staggering the start times where you shouldn't miss anything significant from any of the sweet 16 games.

and of course after the sweet 16 every game is a stand alone.

5 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Need to stop having games overlap once we hit 16.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

I disagree. You have all these as stand alone, all eyeballs on each game. More bang for the advertising dollar.

Or am I missing something? That's entirely possible. But I'd rather be watching a game right now. 

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Billy Tubbs. 

They were basically in the tournament every year.  They lost to Kansas in the final in 1988.  Danny Manning.  Kansas beat them in the final after OU had beaten Kansas pretty handily at least twice in the regular season.

Kaiser Bob and Shaka Smart.  12 years of zilch. 

53 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah they are starting a little too early tonight and tomorrow for my liking, but they have done a pretty good job of staggering the start times where you shouldn't miss anything significant from any of the sweet 16 games.

and of course after the sweet 16 every game is a stand alone.

Late games are a bit late for me tonight and tomorrow. As a middle age guy with young kids on the East Coast this 945/10 PM tip tomorrow is gonna be brutal. Our game won’t end until after midnight and win or lose I’ll be too amped up to get to sleep until 1ish 

Then im on kid duty whenever they wake up (630 or 7 probably)

Get that W and I’ll be able to make it through Saturday on adrenaline/anticipation alone, though 

35 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I agree.

I disagree. You have all these as stand alone, all eyeballs on each game. More bang for the advertising dollar.

Or am I missing something? That's entirely possible. But I'd rather be watching a game right now. 

I'm thinking the money / advertising guys at the networks have analyzed this to the nth degree. Including the likelihood that one of the overlapping games isn't competitive and you need the other game for people to tune in. That's probably big. 

Wouldn't be a bad deal being on the west coast with a regional semi tipping at noon on a Thursday, and Friday.

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8
  • Pancho unpinned this topic