2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8

Pancho

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

If you looked at their record vs top teams prior to the tournament, would've never chose them as an option.  They're destroying teams now. 

They did that shit with Kemba walker too.  Ran through the big east tourney when it was a big deal, then ran through the ncaa. 

weird that Texas is the highest seed remaining of the 10 still alive. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

- Nowell's ankle? He's the best player left in the tournament so that's kind of big. Johnell Davis is still an unknown to most but a dynamic player. Game could go either way. Length of K-State could be big. Tenny was tall but K-State's length is athletic and above the rim. FAU may not be able to match.

- Gonzaga is a terrible defensively. That's the story of this game. Will be surprised, very, if UConn doesn't advance. Just a better all around team.

- San Diego State bludgeoned Bama and was resilient in doing so. Down 8 with 10 minutes left it dug deep and just took the game over. No team did that against Bama this season. Creighton's a nice story and beat a Y team tonight, as it should have. But SDSU goes to Houston.

- We'll see on Disu. Silver lining was to get Allen back in the flow tonight. Miami dismantled a team that specializes in dismantling other teams. Texas took apart and laid waste to a really good Xavier team. Sometimes teams have that extra mo going for them. Texas and Terry appear to be in that mode.

K State, UConn, SDSU, Texas. See you in Houston. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

It's about to be texas-gonzaga part 2 and we gonna curb stomp those bitch ass bitches yet again...

And no, not overlooking "da U" because we're going to obliterate those over-achievin' mofos and get some 1990 revenge for damn sure.

Great post!

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm too old to believe in jinxes, so I decided I have to post this. For the first time at any point of any NCAA tournament since I've run my ratings, there's a certain team at the top of the list of national title probabilities for remaining teams:

Team PWNC
Texas 21.78%
Connecticut 20.67%
Gonzaga 14.06%
Creighton 13.76%
Kansas St. 10.34%
San Diego St. 9.25%
Florida Atlantic 6.01%
Miami (FL) 4.13%

How many teams have been on top of this list during this tournament?

I watched Duke-Miami in the ACC tournament in person so I actually have an informed opinion here!

They're frighteningly good when they're cooking. Fast as shit, draining quick 3s at will, annoying on defense. Their top gear was way more than Duke could handle. 

But.... they lost the game. Size , toughness, and consistent A- basketball can beat these guys as long as they don't find a way to unlock that hyperdrive all game.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Miami will be a challenge. As I like saying before each round now

Colgate, PSU, and Xavier all looked really good before they played our defense. We haven’t given up more than 73 points in a game this month. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

This seems like one of the worst jobs of seeding the committee has done in some time.  Like they didn’t actually watch huge chunks of the field this year.  

Right? Texas definitely deserved a 1 seed 😉 

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Yep, I don’t see Texas winning this game without Disu.

I would much prefer Texas have Disu but they've beaten plenty of good teams this year where Disu didn't play or wasn't a huge influence on the outcome. Last night against Xavier, @ K-State where he only played 11 minutes, Kansas at home where he only played 11 minutes, etc...

Texas gets a boost offensively with Disu but Bishop is the better defender and offensive rebounder. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They did that shit with Kemba walker too.  Ran through the big east tourney when it was a big deal, then ran through the ncaa. 

weird that Texas is the highest seed remaining of the 10 still alive. 

That was the 2011 run. They finished, 9-9, in regular Big East season that year. Then, as the 9th seed, they won five games to win the Big East and six to win the NCAA. It was an incredible run.

21 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I would much prefer Texas have Disu but they've beaten plenty of good teams this year where Disu didn't play or wasn't a huge influence on the outcome. Last night against Xavier, @ K-State where he only played 11 minutes, Kansas at home where he only played 11 minutes, etc...

Texas gets a boost offensively with Disu but Bishop is the better defender and offensive rebounder. 

Texas is a different team without Disu, and I'm not sure we're any worse. I guess that's what happens when there isn't an enormous gulf between your best player and your 7th best player, and you play five at a time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8
  • Pancho unpinned this topic