2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8

Pancho

Miami is 104th defensively in KenPom  Gonzaga is 73rd. Texas is 15th offensively and UConn is 3rd

Texas is 10th defensively and UConn is 13th. Miami is 6th offensively and Gonzaga is 1st

Literally both games feature one team with good offense and defense (Texas and UConn) going up against a team with a really good offense and a bad defense (Miami and Gonzaga). 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

It's about to be texas-gonzaga part 2 and we gonna curb stomp those bitch ass bitches yet again...

And no, not overlooking "da U" because we're going to obliterate those over-achievin' mofos and get some 1990 revenge for damn sure.

I'm hoping that Miami made all their circus shots last night against Houston.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8
20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Miami is 104th defensively in KenPom  Gonzaga is 73rd. Texas is 15th offensively and UConn is 3rd

Texas is 10th defensively and UConn is 13th. Miami is 6th offensively and Gonzaga is 1st

Literally both games feature one team with good offense and defense (Texas and UConn) going up against a team with a really good offense and a bad defense (Miami and Gonzaga). 

Hoping Miami made their circus shots last night against Houston.  I just can't see them making some of those shots consistently.  They also shot some airballs, so they have lapses, which is when Texas will need to make them pay.  And unlike Houston, that interior is going to be contested.  

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Odds are low, but the Final Four could be Texas, Gonzaga, Creighton and K State.  The devil you know.

UConn will assfuck Gonzaga and any team they play the rest of the way, sadly. Head & shoulders above everyone else in the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I would much prefer Texas have Disu but they've beaten plenty of good teams this year where Disu didn't play or wasn't a huge influence on the outcome. Last night against Xavier, @ K-State where he only played 11 minutes, Kansas at home where he only played 11 minutes, etc...

Texas gets a boost offensively with Disu but Bishop is the better defender and offensive rebounder. 

When we marched through the B12 tourney without Allen, my fear was that his return would hamper our uptempo play and perimeter defense in the guard-centered NCAAs. But Disu more than continued to pick up the slack...until he couldn't. Let's see if now being "forced" to play three guards a lot of the time against Miami turns out favorably for us. Barring major foul issues, I believe it will. 

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

UConn will assfuck Gonzaga and any team they play the rest of the way, sadly. Head & shoulders above everyone else in the field.

Let me be the first to congratulate Mark Few and Gonzaga on their trip to the FF this season. 

• Haha 4

Fuck Miami.  Fuck the U.  Fuck Jimmy Johnson.  Fuck Sebastian.  Fuck deSebastian.  Fuck deSantis.  Fuck Ibis.  Fuck Lois.  Fuck Hurricanes.  Fuck Florida Man.  Fuck all of Florida.  Fuck Floridians.  Fuck 5 seeds.  Fuck 4 seeds.  Fuck their sister.  Fuck 'em all.  Fuck Florida Atlantic while we're at it.  Fuck Crockett.  Fuck Tubbs.  Fuck Dexter.  Scarface is cool, but fuck Miami.  Fuck that whole fucking over-glorified private community college.  Fuck the University of Miami Hurricanes.  Fuck that whole backwards ass collection of mouth-breathing jagoffs, the Oklahoma of Peninsulas.  

Enjoy your sunset tonight, Miami.  It's your last.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I don’t expect Terry to be open about this, but is it looking like a wait-and-see with Disu, or are we likely playing without him tomorrow?

Terry’s done a masterful job in the tournament so far, but I thought his decision to give Disu his Sweet Sixteen minutes seemed odd. I mean, I guess you play your players until you can’t. But it sounds like they knew Disu was hobbled going into the game, and to me it would’ve been better to keep him on the bench rested until you thought you absolutely needed some minutes from him.

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I don’t expect Terry to be open about this, but is it looking like a wait-and-see with Disu, or are we likely playing without him tomorrow?

Terry’s done a masterful job in the tournament so far, but I thought his decision to give Disu his Sweet Sixteen minutes seemed odd. I mean, I guess you play your players until you can’t. But it sounds like they knew Disu was hobbled going into the game, and to me it would’ve been better to keep him on the bench rested until you thought you absolutely needed some minutes from him.

You completely missed what Terry said about this, or you are being purposely obtuse.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve read that the serious stuff has been ruled out for Disu and it is a bone bruise. Seems like they gave him a chance to play through the pain yesterday. Looks like the best thing at this point is dress him tomorrow just in case but plan to win without him and see what he can do with a week of rest in Houston

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

This seems like one of the worst jobs of seeding the committee has done in some time.  Like they didn’t actually watch huge chunks of the field this year.  

Just ask aggy.  They'll start pissing and moaning and whining like gaping vaginas all about it to you.

25 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I just can't trust a Hurley and UConn is known to go through scoring draughts. Gonzaga will push the pace and UConn might struggle to keep up.

Sorry but Helobious already called UConn as the National champions so you can’t say this.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Show up and play Texas basketball. Don’t flange when they try to slap you back. It’ll be two good teams playing for all or nothing. At this point of the tournament, anyone can win. See y’all in Houston !

Y'ALL HEAR THAT??? 

THERE WILL BE NO FLANGING FROM HERE ON OUT!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Fuck Miami.  Fuck the U.  Fuck Jimmy Johnson.  Fuck Sebastian.  Fuck deSebastian.  Fuck deSantis.  Fuck Ibis.  Fuck Lois.  Fuck Hurricanes.  Fuck Florida Man.  Fuck all of Florida.  Fuck Floridians.  Fuck 5 seeds.  Fuck 4 seeds.  Fuck their sister.  Fuck 'em all.  Fuck Florida Atlantic while we're at it.  Fuck Crockett.  Fuck Tubbs.  Fuck Dexter.  Scarface is cool, but fuck Miami.  Fuck that whole fucking over-glorified private community college.  Fuck the University of Miami Hurricanes.  Fuck that whole backwards ass collection of mouth-breathing jagoffs, the Oklahoma of Peninsulas.  

Enjoy your sunset tonight, Miami.  It's your last.  

I like the cut of your jib.

15 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Horns and KState in the finals and the nation will lose its mind.

Big chance of an all Big 12/Big East final four and an all Big 12 or all Big East champ game. 

#BasketballConferences

• Pancho unpinned this topic