2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

He has commented regularly that the loss of suits is a travesty.  I love that he suits up.

Jay Wright coached the greatest college team I've ever seen looking like he pays people to pay other people to kill people for money.

Bring back the suit. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Except the first will make a good living at the next level. The 2nd is living off his NIL, which he should.

Its funny that Timme could take his covid year if he wanted to. I guess he's already announced that he's going pro, but I gotta believe he's 2nd round at best. I dont know what kind of NIL game Gonzaga has, but you would think he could maybe do as well sticking around. They have to be all in on hoops

16 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Rick Barnes already has that deer in the headlights look and they are up 4. 

yeah I still get nervous watching his games, lulz

Edited by Blotto

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Its funny that Timme could take his covid year if he wanted to. I guess he's already announced that he's going pro, but I gotta believe he's 2nd round at best. I dont know what kind of NIL game Gonzaga has, but you would think he could maybe do as well sticking around. They have to be all in on hoops

yeah I still get nervous watching his game, lulz

I'm assuming Timme got 7 fig territory to stay. Europe pays well and has great benefits. He's a very good basketball player - he'll never play in the NBA but he can go live upper class in Europe for 12 years. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Jay Wright coached the greatest college team I've ever seen looking like he pays people to pay other people to kill people for money.

Bring back the suit. 

By the way you’re a youngster if that is the best team you’ve ever seen.  They were good, but there were some Bruin teams that laughed at teams that even decided to suit up.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

i never understood basketball coaches wearing suits.  always thought it was dumb.

First they came for my tie and I said nothing. 

Then they came for the suits and I said nothing.

Hopefully in a few more years gym shorts with a golf polo and Crocs will finally be accepted in public 

• Hook 'Em 1

Everyone was hitting the court. I am shocked that FAU is winning the rebounding.

Everyone should have known that eventually Barnes offense would fall apart without a PG and that guy that ripped Duke apart in the 2nd half has 0 points.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm assuming Timme got 7 fig territory to stay. Europe pays well and has great benefits. He's a very good basketball player - he'll never play in the NBA but he can go live upper class in Europe for 12 years. 

I read something today that he was in the top 5 of NIL players still in the tournament 

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

i never understood basketball coaches wearing suits.  always thought it was dumb.

There was a big time coach (can’t remember who it was) that said after the COVID year, most coaches chatted and said they won’t be going back to suits. My guess is it can get hot af in those arenas and it’s uncomfortable in a suit. Khakis and a pullover is what most of them prefer for comfort. 

The more I think about it, I don’t know if it was a high level NCAA coach or a NBA coach, but NBA hasn’t gone back to suits either. 

Like I said, those Longhorn pullovers RT has? Boyyyy, unc be looking SHARPT.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

By the way you’re a youngster if that is the best team you’ve ever seen.  They were good, but there were some Bruin teams that laughed at teams that even decided to suit up.

I am. And it still is. 

Melo 'cuse beating UT is probably the earliest tourney memory I have. 

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8
  • Pancho unpinned this topic