Luke Cage Season 2

atomheartbevo

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

What are they doing with this creepy Shades and Mariah relationship?  They're intentionally making it gross and weird for laughs or something. I don't get it. 

I have no idea. I’m afraid of where it’s going.  The only ones I want to see nude or partially nude are the nurse and Misty. 

And I’m wondering if halfway through they will kill Bushmaster and replace him with somebody who has the charisma of a grocery sack. 

The Luke’s dad subplot has been good. 

3 hours ago, sachick said:

I didn't even finish the first episode yet. Or maybe I did. Can't even remember if I did. Does it get better? Tell me it gets better.

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

I could not pay attention to episode 1.  Not sure i want to go back for more.  Is it bad i'm hoping Danny Rand is in this to make it better?

Would Colleen Wing make it better for either of you?

On 6/25/2018 at 10:20 PM, UT_OB1 said:

That’s a tough call. How many episodes do I have to gut it out before they show up?  

About halfway into the third episode.  It gets better.  

The first episode in hindsight was shit.   Possibly one of the worst first episodes of the Netflix series. 

Which is surprising, given that Lucy Liu directed it. 

On 6/25/2018 at 2:42 PM, sachick said:

I didn't even finish the first episode yet. Or maybe I did. Can't even remember if I did. Does it get better? Tell me it gets better.

5/6 really start picking up.  Don’t know what was going on in the first couple, but the character development takes off after that.  

And Shades (and Comanche) improves substantially.  They become good characters. 

Just finished watching the season, 

Spoiler

Luke going to the dark side? Granted he figures it might be the best way to keep Harlem safe. He's more likely to follow his conscience and not go bad.

I did like the scene where Misty is looking through the door as it closes, like in The Godfather.

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Episode 1 sucked shit through a straw, but ep2 was better, and ep3 was better than 2. So I’m hoping this is actually good in an episode or 2. 

I could do without all the nightclub music performances. 

It got better. I started it back up and am through episode 10 now. I have to disagree on the nightclub scenes, they have had some solid musicians making appearances.

9 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

The music is undeniably awesome.  If you complain about that, you are missing the point.  

Gary Clark, then Kingfish Ingram?   Man!  Best live music in a show since Trent (which was best ever).  

Treme. Not Trent. 

I have one episode left, which I'll probably watch tonight.  The season started slooooow, but ultimately was probably the third best Netflix Marvel season behind DD season 1 and the Punisher.  Bushmaster and Mariah are the best villains so far other than maybe Kingpin, and depending on how you feel about Punisher being a "villain" in DD season 2.  I guess some could consider Mariah over the top now, but she is just evil, ultimately.

Would love to see Defenders II with a Kingpin return.

I am to the part where Mariah and her daughter are saved by Luke and the PD from the daughter's herb shop. So far it is pretty good with a few groans along the way. Seems Deadpool is starting to rub off on all the Marvel properties somewhat, as there was one hamfisted fourth wall break in the last few episodes I watched.

3 minutes ago, bamachine said:

I am to the part where Mariah and her daughter are saved by Luke and the PD from the daughter's herb shop. So far it is pretty good with a few groans along the way. Seems Deadpool is starting to rub off on all the Marvel properties somewhat, as there was one hamfisted fourth wall break in the last few episodes I watched.

I multitask as I watch these (which has been case for all of these Marvel series on Netflix), so I completely missed these

10 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I multitask as I watch these (which has been case for all of these Marvel series on Netflix), so I completely missed these

He was asked why it had to be his way and he stated "because it is my show" while looking directly at the camera.

I don’t necessarily recommend it, since it’s a long slog, but Cheo Coker (Luke Cage showrunner) was on Kevin Smith’s show on YouTube.  About 45 minutes or so of him talking about making LC and other stuff (he’s a screenwriter for Creed 2).

He admitted the fans didn’t like the back half of season one, so they set out to write season two to not have everything fans didn't like about one, etc., and they brought in Danny to help counter Luke, etc.  

He said they wrote the season to the music.

Anyways, yeah, this escaped the Marvek curse of starting strong and trailing off. 

Edited by atomheartbevo