Texas vs Xavier- Sweet 16- tonight, 8:45 on CBS

shadow_operative

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It didn't stop in the 1st 5 minutes. There were horrible calls and no calls the entire 2nd half.

I agree. But the first 3 fouls on us in the first 2 minutes were egregious and set the tone for the rest of the half. It was a clear attempt by the referees to try to keep Xavier in the game. Just because we continued to score and take the game out of the refs hands doesn't mean the refs weren't fucking around.

Edited by SomeoneYouKnow2
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

didn't know they are Kunkel bros.

you fukin morons

7A091373-CB82-4D9A-A7D6-D43C44A1190E.jpeg

brother's???

Morons.

15 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Thank you

the burnt orange glasses “refs suck” every single game no matter how much we blow out the other team is so tired 

If you didn't notice a SEVERE change in the way the game was called in the second half, and a lopsided one at that, you weren't paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

The other side of the bracket is Creighton, San Diego State, Kansas State, and Florida Atlantic.  What a world we live in.  

Not all that surprising. 

Creighton has been a final 4 caliber team all year when their big is healthy. Same with K-State. I know the seedings are wonky but if Texas, K-State, Creighton and Gonzaga/UCONN made the final 4 I think you could make a real argument the best 4 teams actually made it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That was the most hilariously egregious example of refs trying to get the team losing big back in the game I’ve ever seen. Texas just buttfucked X with no lube all day long in every aspect and them all having a good cry coming off the court caused me to cackle like a lunatic. 
I don’t know if I’ve ever gone from indifferent fuxk those guys that quickly in the space of 1 game. 

very intense

What a great beat down. Always iui n position, blocking out, switching, in position, astroglide owl shit snot smooth. Super D. Picked up erbody and were still in position after switches to block out. Fun to watch disciplined ball. Never seemed stressed, confident and ready on both side of the court. Way to go Horns!! Gave em Hell and made em eat shit, Go Horns!!

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I hope we hold a 45-3 lead at half time.

Too soon, but fuck yah

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

What a great beat down. Always iui n position, blocking out, switching, in position, astroglide owl shit snot smooth. Super D. Picked up erbody and were still in position after switches to block out. Fun to watch disciplined ball. Never seemed stressed, confident and ready on both side of the court. Way to go Horns!! Gave em Hell and made em eat shit, Go Horns!!

Was just about to post this exact verbiage.

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This team is playing a pretty elite level of offense in March and some suffocating defense. It’s the best offense we’ve seen at Texas in a couple decades 

I see a lot of hero ball. But it’s working.  

give to the hot hand. Fuck it. 

we had 5 hot hands tonight 

We had a 17 point half time lead, and the 2nd half opened, with us playing against 8! 5 fouls called against us and 0 called against them. 

When the first foul was called against them with about 12 minutes left in the game, we had what a 19 point lead? Call it 17?   The refs literally did all they could to help Xavier, and they still couldn't make any gains.  

My criteria remains intact.  We still need fair officiating, and now I offer a qualifier.  We need fair officiating throughout the game.  

Had there been fair officiating throughout the game, we would have been ahead by about 24-26 points at the 12 minute mark.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

brother's???

Morons.

If you didn't notice a SEVERE change in the way the game was called in the second half, and a lopsided one at that, you weren't paying attention.

they also blew at least 2 and maybe 3 OOB calls to give Xavier the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Nothing but high screens over and over and Nunge could do nothing about it. Then when they switched to zone we easily found the open shooter. Finally they tried full court press which we easily broke and got an open layup. 

Yeah, it was pretty obvious after the Kennesaw State game that Texas was going to abuse Xavier with this. 

It's nice that Terry could recognize the obvious though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic