Texas vs Xavier- Sweet 16- tonight, 8:45 on CBS

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Losing Disu sucks but in a way it may have helped us in this game. 

IMO, Bishop is a much better perimeter defender. Bishop did a great job defensively tonight. When our guards are scoring like they did tonight it's all about the defensive end. 

I hate it when important games are knocked off course because an important player on one or the other gets sidelined right before a game.

The opponent game planned their defense around that person.

And now, suddenly you're up against a rando player with a totally different playing style that your defense isn't prepared for.

Too often, the team with the intact roster loses.

13 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I hate it when important games are knocked off course because an important player on one or the other gets sidelined right before a game.

The opponent game planned their defense around that person.

And now, suddenly you're up against a rando player with a totally different playing style that your defense isn't prepared for.

Too often, the team with the intact roster loses.

What? The opponent gameplanned to have their important player playing and now he’s gone.

• Hook 'Em 4

• Pancho unpinned this topic
6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You said the team without the injured player is disadvantaged. I’m saying the team with the injured player is also disadvantaged. They both had their game plans ruined.

Well, yeah they're obviously both disadvantaged.
My only point was that it seems to me that in big games I've watched, it's the team with the intact roster who more often loses.

And that the loss might be attributed to a wrecked game plan.

But I'm no expert, just a fan talking out in beer language!

9 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Well, yeah they're obviously both disadvantaged.
My only point was that it seems to me that in big games I've watched, it's the team with the intact roster who more often loses.

And that the loss might be attributed to a wrecked game plan.

But I'm no expert, just a fan talking out in beer language!

It’s the inability to modify the game plan.  Something that Texas has been excelling at.

13 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

brother's???

Morons.

If you didn't notice a SEVERE change in the way the game was called in the second half, and a lopsided one at that, you weren't paying attention.

just rewatched the 2nd half

there was a clear fuckup on an out-of-bounds play with around 11 on the clock

other than that there were PLENTY of whistles in our favor that would not have been called in a oSu15 situation

i just don't see the "change in tone" everyone up in here is certain they witnessed

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

You said the team without the injured player is disadvantaged. I’m saying the team with the injured player is also disadvantaged. They both had their game plans ruined.

“Have any of you idiots ever watched March Madness before? I’m a goddam expert, so shut the fuck up and let me tell you how shit works”