Tell me about Iowa State

Longboard Horn

19 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

The closest I've come to crying as an adult man.  Culbertson pushing it right will never leave my memory.  Motherfucker had made 21 of 22 attempts after taking over for Tony Yelk and missed a (I think it was actually) 24 yarder.  CCG at Arrowhead...FUCK!  FAAAAAACK!!!

In 2004 I was disappointed, but not that mad because the team was so young and 2003 is still the absolute worst ISU team I can vividly remember.  I was like "well, shit.  But next year is going to be amazing."

2005 is the ultimate ISU nut kick season.  All 4 losses featured really bad calls at critical junctures, complete and utter chokes on our part, and at least 3 of them featured both(!).

Dan McCarney may have been fired after a poor 2006 season, but it was the '05 campaign that truly cost him his job.  We should have been 11-0 rolling into Houston to get Vinced.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

In 2004 I was disappointed, but not that mad because the team was so young and 2003 is still the absolute worst ISU team I can vividly remember.  I was like "well, shit.  But next year is going to be amazing."

2005 is the ultimate ISU nut kick season.  All 4 losses featured really bad calls at critical junctures, complete and utter chokes on our part, and at least 3 of them featured both(!).

Dan McCarney may have been fired after a poor 2006 season, but it was the '05 campaign that truly cost him his job.  We should have been 11-0 rolling into Houston to get Vinced.

Yes... Nebraska 2OT game winning INT dropped, Baylor Endzone fumble,  Chase Daniel's coming out party OT loss at Mizzou, and the overturned TD during the first year of instant replay at OT loss to freaking Kansas...  then after all that... the 1st down replay that was ruled down before the line to gain by a "wrist" to give TCU the ball back late in the game.. yep.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

image.jpeg.6d6db5fe0e19de1f66469b5809c6ade1.jpeg

It was just a garden variety public intox.

I was 21, hammered drunk, and walking from Welch Ave to my apartment on a Thursday night.  It's approximately 2 miles.  I had done it before and had no qualms.  Naturally, that's a long ways to go after a night of heavy drinking without taking a leak.  So I find a large bush next to a house, and wade into it to relieve myself and not be spotted by law enforcement in the process.

That didn't pan out.

Cop calls me out of the bush, asks me what I was doing.  I tell him I was looking for my phone.  100% slurring my words and making little sense.  He asks why my leg is soaked.  I look down and realize I had pissed on my right leg from the knee down while in the bush.  Makes me walk the line, do the alphabet backwards, yada yada yada.  Handcuffs me for public intox, hauls me to the Story County Jail in Nevada.  I was able to call my buddies before passing out and had a ride arranged in the morning (enough of my friend group got PI or OWI in college, and the Nevada Bail Run had become a bit of a routine).  When I get into the back of my buddy's car he goes "I bet you got thirsty in there" and hands me a 32oz bottle of Natty Ice.  We stopped at a crappy Chinese buffet, gorged ourselves, and then I took a hell of nap.

The next morning I took the LSAT for the first time.  It remains my highest score on the test.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I was 21, hammered drunk, and walking from Welch Ave to my apartment on a Thursday night.  It's approximately 2 miles.  I had done it before and had no qualms.  Naturally, that's a long ways to go after a night of heavy drinking without taking a leak.  So I find a large bush next to a house, and wade into it to relieve myself and not be spotted by law enforcement in the process.

That didn't pan out.

Cop calls me out of the bush, asks me what I was doing.  I tell him I was looking for my phone.  100% slurring my words and making little sense.  He asks why my leg is soaked.  I look down and realize I had pissed on my right leg from the knee down while in the bush.  Makes me walk the line, do the alphabet backwards, yada yada yada.  Handcuffs me for public intox, hauls me to the Story County Jail in Nevada.  I was able to call my buddies before passing out and had a ride arranged in the morning (enough of my friend group got PI or OWI in college, and the Nevada Bail Run had become a bit of a routine).  When I get into the back of my buddy's car he goes "I bet you got thirsty in there" and hands me a 32oz bottle of Natty Ice.  We stopped at a crappy Chinese buffet, gorged ourselves, and then I took a hell of nap.

The next morning I took the LSAT for the first time.  It remains my highest score on the test.

I knew it! Booze helps with tests!

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

That didn't pan out.

Cool story.

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I was 21, hammered drunk, and walking to my apartment. It's approx 2 miles. Naturally, that's a long ways to go after a night of heavy drinking without taking a leak.  So I find a large bush next to a house, to relieve myself and not be spotted. That didn't pan out.  Cop calls me out of the bush, asks me what I was doing.  I tell him I was looking for my phone.  100% slurring my words and making little sense.  He asks why my leg is soaked.  I look down and realize I had pissed on my right leg.  Makes me walk the line, do the alphabet backwards.  Handcuffs me for public intox, hauls me to the Story County Jail in Nevada.The next morning I took the LSAT for the first time.  It remains my highest score on the test.

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

That didn't pan out.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Iowa State plans to allow 25,000 fans into football opener, even though Iowa is a covid hotbed

Iowa State announced Monday that it will allow approximately 25,000 fans into Jack Trice Stadium for the Cyclones’ season-opening football game against Louisiana on Sept. 12, even though the state of Iowa has seen its number of coronavirus cases skyrocket in recent weeks.

According to The Washington Post’s state-by-state database, Iowa has seen a 92 percent increase in new coronavirus cases over the past week, the second-highest rise in the country behind South Dakota. Iowa’s seven-day average of new coronavirus cases stands at 241 per 100,000 residents, the highest among the 50 U.S. states.

In Story County, home to Iowa State’s campus, the seven-day average of new cases per 100,000 residents is 777, nearly a fourfold increase from just a week ago and one of the highest rates in the nation for one county. On Aug. 14, that number hovered around only 50 new cases per 100,000 residents.

Despite the coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 college football season is still pressing on. Here’s where we’re at. (Adriana Usero/The Washington Post)

Nonetheless, Iowa State Athletic Director Jamie Pollard told reporters Monday that the school plans to “thread the needle” and allow its football stadium to be about 41 percent full for the Sept. 12 football opener. The school will require fans to wear face coverings at all times, they will be spaced out throughout the stadium and tailgating will not be allowed.

“I’ll have personally zero, zero tolerance for any fan that doesn’t comply,” Pollard said Monday. “I don’t care how much money they give this institution, if you want to be in the stadium, you’re going to have to comply with what we put together. If you don’t do it, we don’t want you here.”

Stay safe and informed with our free Coronavirus Updates newsletter

The plan to allow fans into the stadium only applies to Iowa State’s season opener against Louisiana. A decision on allowing fans at future Iowa State games will be made after the opener. The school arrived at the 25,000 number because that’s the number of season tickets it sells; should season ticket holders decide not to attend the game, their tickets will not be resold.

During an Iowa State town hall meeting covered by the Iowa State Daily on Monday, President Wendy Wintersteen said the school has no plans to end in-person learning despite the rising coronavirus numbers. She said the rise can be attributed to large off-campus social gatherings rather than on-campus transmission.

Wintersteen reported that out of 1,749 tests performed during the semester’s second week, 503 were positive (28.8 percent). Those numbers did not include students who tested positive as part of the residence hall move-in process, the Daily reports.

A sizable chunk of FBS college football teams will attempt to play this season, though the Big Ten and Pacific-12 will not. Many teams have said they will not allow fans at their season openers but have not made decisions about the rest of the season. Others are limiting attendance to between 20 percent and 25 percent of their stadiums’ capacity.

According to a list of school plans compiled by USA Today, Iowa State’s decision to allow its football stadium to be around 41 percent full is the highest allowed capacity in the country.

Our AD is basically giving the season ticket holders the opportunity to act like adults.  If everyone abides the game day regulations, there really shouldn't be any COVID spread due to the game.

If they don't abide by it, we're done with fans at games.  I don't have any sympathy for anyone who gets it at the game either.  You know what you're walking into (literally).

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Our AD is basically giving the season ticket holders the opportunity to act like adults.  If everyone abides the game day regulations, there really shouldn't be any COVID spread due to the game.

If they don't abide by it, we're done with fans at games.  I don't have any sympathy for anyone who gets it at the game either.  You know what you're walking into (literally).

Lol. The majority of people who want to be present in a half full stadium aren't exactly the responsible ones, I can guarantee a large percentage are the "muh freedums" crowd who will go out of their way to break every protocol in the name of 'murica. I'm coming around to playing games, but having any fans in the stadium is just asking for problems. Even the stadiums that are 1/4 or less will almost certainly have everyone crowding in the better seats defeating the idea of spreading people out in the stands.

52 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Lol. The majority of people who want to be present in a half full stadium aren't exactly the responsible ones, I can guarantee a large percentage are the "muh freedums" crowd who will go out of their way to break every protocol in the name of 'murica. I'm coming around to playing games, but having any fans in the stadium is just asking for problems. Even the stadiums that are 1/4 or less will almost certainly have everyone crowding in the better seats defeating the idea of spreading people out in the stands.

Yeah, I suspect that's going to be the end result.

But I do know people who are going that are pretty COVID safe.  They'll be masked, keeping their distance, and following the university's protocols.

Our AD has made it pretty clear he's not tolerating the "muh freedums" crowd.  Hoping he sticks to it.

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I will go to my grave thinking that Seneca Wallace era ISU were some the best uniforms in cfb history.

Uhhh, no. Shadowed numbers and bugle bird helmet with horrid font. Their current uniforms are far, far, far, far, far, superior.

WRNL Remembers “The Run” - Wide Right & Natty Lite

Iowa State quarterback Brock Purdy still growing | The Gazette