Texas Tech @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I was all for it. Those juco guys tend to work out

I know a guy who played D1 baseball before transferring to San Jac and playing for Woody and he said he’s the best pitching coach he’s ever had at any level. Also said the guy would be in the cages with hitters giving tips. Just an all-around good baseball coach.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 7

Hurley, Burke and maybe even Tole and Grubbs 

Tomorrow probably. Tuesday is likely a committee effort.

I’d guess LBJ is coming back Tuesday. Who knows whether we go all out to win.

If Hurleys going well, he might be able to squeeze 7 but 5 or 6 is more likely. Tuesday may be a little chaotic depending on how tomorrow turns out.

We need to not play tomorrow for Tuesday at all.  You’ve got them down.  A ranked conference rival.  You go for the sweep here with all you’ve got.  Crush them.  

Wipe our asses with their souls.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who’s starting tomorrow? Hurley?

I’m not there yet. The pitching seems like the real deal for sure. Remember when no one wanted to hire Woody cuz he was some JC coach lol.

Wayne Graham worked out pretty well for Rice back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Cajun said:

We need to not play tomorrow for Tuesday at all.  You’ve got them down.  A ranked conference rival.  You go for the sweep here with all you’ve got.  Crush them.  

Wipe our asses with their souls.

Yeah. I don’t really give a shut about a Tuesday game even against aggy. 

play to win conference games. Especially against likely competition for the conference title. 

if tomorrow goes all pear-shaped early, sure manage arms to have something for Tuesday. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Underwhelmed by Tech so far.  Do they have people hurt?

They had a transfer pitcher from Ole Miss and infielder from Oregon State go down right before the season. Also lost another starting pitcher a few weeks into the season and their usual CF has been out the last few weeks. So yes, they have been hurt by injuries.

And then one of their top relievers was suspended this weekend for getting ejected last week.

They are also starting 3-4 freshman in some games so they are going through growing pains.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1