Austin lunch recommendations

GenXer

Wife and I are headed to Austin tomorrow from Dallas for some boot shopping. We haven’t been to Austin for years.

Looking for recommendations for lunch. We’re pretty much down for any style but we can get good bbq and mexican in Dallas. A patio would be great (RIP Shady Grove). 

2 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Wife is in the mood for texmex. Any recs for texmex with a great patio?

Juan In a Million, but they close at 3. Matt's is solid. Flame away South Texans that don't like it because it's not as good as their abuela's taqueria in the Valley. 

Please go have at least a beer at Dirty Martin's. It feels like they're on borrowed time. Chili burger still slams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, GenXer said:

We picked up some boots at heritage on south congress and got tired of dealing with the masses.

we headed over to matt’s for lunch before heading back up to Dallas. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations!

Biggest UT fan I’ve ever met went to Matt’s after every home game. He bought me more dinners than I can count.

RIP Rusty. I hope you’re up there throwing the ball around with James Street and Bobby Layne. 

51 minutes ago, GenXer said:

We picked up some boots at heritage on south congress and got tired of dealing with the masses.

we headed over to matt’s for lunch before heading back up to Dallas. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations!

That’s a hell of a drive for some boots and Matt’s. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, LebongJames said:

That’s a hell of a drive for some boots and Matt’s. 

That’s true. But we both work from home, and it’s good to have a reason to leave the house. My wife is VP of sales for an enterprise software company. The end of quarter is damn stressful for her. I thought a day trip to give her a mental break from her office would be healthy.

We’re on a boot kick right now. We both saw a pair we liked from a boutique boot co. called Heritage on south congress. I like to try on boots to get the right fit; each brand has its own subtleties. Regardless, we both scored, and had a great day in the process.

Again, thanks to all. The surl never disappoints.

Edited by GenXer
  • Hook 'Em 2