Hurricane Warning

SKA the boss

I'm wondering what threats they really pose? They can rock you like a hurricane?

Other than the tourney, I had not seen them play, so decided to do some looking. What is there to fear?

ACC? Maybe a few years ago, but that conference is down, down, down.

Their biggest wins? Duke. Okay, but they split and it's not the Duke of old. Xavier and Purdue. Um. Okay. We know what X is and Purdue got bounced the first week again. 

Tournament resume? Drake. Ugly game and won with FTs.  The Hoosiers? Big Ten's also rans.  Houston. Sampson is a good coach, but his players are pretty much street ballers when faced with real competition. This game was high scoring, but ugly basketball throughout. Cougar High abandoned all hope and tried to play keep up with the three once they fell behind. It didn't hurt that Pack played the game of his life. 

Personnel wise, they really are not that deep. Wong, Omier, and Miller are the main guys. With little depth at the big position, we can exploit the paint all night long. 

Their defensive rankings are, well, not impressive. 

This looks like another team that has good guards with chemistry when they don't face much adversity. But the Longhorns are good at disrupting your chemistry.

It's a shot at the Final Four, so it's obviously time to be respectful of your opponent. But we're on a mission, and they don't seem to have the goods.

What did I miss?

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

I'm wondering what threats they really pose? They can rock you like a hurricane?

Other than the tourney, I had not seen them play, so decided to do some looking. What is there to fear?

Their biggest wins? Duke. Okay, but they split and it's not the Duke of old. Xavier and Purdue. Um. Okay. We know what X is and Purdue got bounced the first week again. 

Tournament resume? Drake. Ugly game and won with FTs.  The Hoosiers? Big Ten's also rans.  Houston. Sampson is a good coach, but his players are pretty much street ballers when faced with real competition. This game was high scoring, but ugly basketball throughout. Cougar High abandoned all hope and tried to play keep up with the three once they fell behind. It didn't hurt that Pack played the game of his life. 

Personnel wise, they really are not that deep. Wong, Omier, and Miller are the main guys. With little depth at the big position, we can exploit the paint all night long. 

This looks like another team that has good guards with chemistry when they don't face much adversity. But the Longhorns are good at disrupting your chemistry.

It's a shot at the Final Four, so it's obviously time to be respectful of your opponent. But we're on a mission, and they don't seem to have the goods.

What did I miss?

miami is basically Baylor with older players. really good offensively, dynamite back court, pretty terrible defensively as far as major conference teams go, although to be fair their defense has been better during the postseason. 

213F1C12-B2F6-47C6-A2DF-CCA79950D135.thumb.jpeg.5edde505685098676728ef1bfe40bee6.jpeg

34F189A7-31BC-4BD6-AB68-6217237B14F0.thumb.jpeg.1f6f5f03cd6bb89fd44dc409cd58aa82.jpeg

Miami is ACC Baylor.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, SKA the boss said:

What did I miss?

Posted this in the initial Elite 8 thread but:

I watched Duke-Miami in the ACC tournament in person so I actually have an informed opinion here!

They're frighteningly good when they're cooking. Fast as shit, draining quick 3s at will, annoying on defense. Their top gear was way more than Duke could handle. 

But.... they lost the game. Size , toughness, and consistent A- basketball can beat these guys as long as they don't find a way to unlock that hyperdrive all game.

Texas has to play great defense, take care of the ball to limit Miami's points off turnovers, have a decent shooting game, get to the free throw line more than their Xavier game, and compete for rebounds.

Miami is a good team -- Texas needs to play well to win today.

Hook 'em  🤘