Texas vs Miami- Elite 8- 4:05pm on CBS

shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

No fucking around guys - wear the same shit you've been wearing for the first three games.Β  And whatever other superstitions you follow - they matter.Β Β 

I actually have a two t-shirt rotation for the tournament, thank you very muchΒ 

Lets do this guys! Hook β€˜em horns!

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I get nervous before every game because I’m a Texas fan.

For basically the entire game today my heart will feel like I’m skydiving high on cocaine while smoking meth out of one side of my mouth and a cigarette out of the otherΒ 

Right after having a large plate of brisketΒ 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

Other teams' shots seem to go in with less frequency when they play our defense.Β  Let's hope the trend holds.

Hope so because Miami's guards like to take some wild/bad shots.Β 

If you're Texas you can't get discouraged if a couple bad shots fall. The main thing is Texas needs to punish Miami in transition when those wild shots aren't falling.Β 

Β 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, speed817 said:

Payback for the 1991 Cotton Bowl!!!

I hate that this keeps getting brought up since the only way it is payback is if we lay down a UConn type beating with over the top celebrations that get us at least five technical fouls. A close win does nothing to repair the damage of that day.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

I actually have a two t-shirt rotation for the tournament, thank you very muchΒ 

Lets do this guys! Hook β€˜em horns!

Asked my wife if I should wear my lucky 2005 national championship longhorn shirt today or save it for the final four…

her β€œwho do we play?”

me β€œMiami”

her β€œoh, no biggie just save it”

We are winning. The oracle has spoken

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is a game where you hope Texas doesn't fall in love with the 3. Miami is 240th in 2 point % defensively. They have nobody that can defend the paint.Β 

Houston lost because they went 9/31 from 3 and those missed 3s led to a lot of transition points for Miami. Carr and Hunter need to attack the rim.Β 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is a game where you hope Texas doesn't fall in love with the 3. Miami is 240th in 2 point % defensively. They have nobody that can defend the paint.Β 

Houston lost because they went 9/31 from 3 and those missed 3s led to a lot of transition points for Miami. Carr and Hunter need to attack the rim.Β 

Sounds like we will really miss Disu.Β 

41 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I hate that this keeps getting brought up since the only way it is payback is if we lay down a UConn type beating with over the top celebrations that get us at least five technical fouls. A close win does nothing to repair the damage of that day.

I still remember how cold it was that day and how embarrassing.Β 
Β 

Β 

22 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I still remember how cold it was that day and how embarrassing.Β 
Β 

Β 

People have to realize that Texas was seven years removed from a muffed punt costing us a MNC and for the first time Texas had gone through an Oh No We Suck Again period. The 60's gave us 2 MNCs and the 70s 1 MNC and 6 conference titles. We arrived at the Cotton Bowl thinking things were looking like they were back on track. Miami showed us how wrong we were and how underwhelming our talent, schemes and everything was in comparison to what was needed at the time to win an MNC. Beating Miami today does not come close to making up for us being exposed as pretenders that day.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

only payback for that game, I was there, would be to kill Miami football in a meaningful bowl game - ie football playoffs.Β  Could happen some day.Β 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hope so because Miami's guards like to take some wild/bad shots.Β 

If you're Texas you can't get discouraged if a couple bad shots fall. The main thing is Texas needs to punish Miami in transition when those wild shots aren't falling.Β 

Β 

Gonzaga utterly failed to stop the ball after missed shots all game long last night. I don't see them getting directly to the rim like that today. I hope.

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We need to get downhill against their guards and force them to guard. UH failed to do this on Friday and let Miami off the hook. Miami baited them into a 3-point shooting contest and UH obliged them.

It was a baffling strategy by Houston. They only attempt 22.6 threes a game but attempted 30 against a team that's ranked 240th in 2 point % defense.Β 

But I guess it wasn't all that surprising. Houston hasn't been playing well for some time. A few weeks actually.Β 

• Pancho pinned this topic
  • Pancho unpinned this topic