Texas vs Miami- Elite 8- 4:05pm on CBS

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

People have to realize that Texas was seven years removed from a muffed punt costing us a MNC and for the first time Texas had gone through an Oh No We Suck Again period. The 60's gave us 2 MNCs and the 70s 1 MNC and 6 conference titles. We arrived at the Cotton Bowl thinking things were looking like they were back on track. Miami showed us how wrong we were and how underwhelming our talent, schemes and everything was in comparison to what was needed at the time to win an MNC. Beating Miami today does not come close to making up for us being exposed as pretenders that day.

We could win this game by 50 and it wouldn’t make up for that day…

40 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I am no basketball expert, but I am pretty sure no team has ever advanced to the Final Four whose two best players were named Wong and Nigel.  I think Oxford and Cal Tech may have gotten close in the 40s, but it’s still unprecedented.  

All the dudes named Wong in Cali in the 40s were locked up….

Goddamn I am tired of the talking heads yapping about how they should take the interim tag off of Terry already.
In the middle of the fucking tournament?  What kind of moron would do that?
These asswipes don't think.

A moron with an agenda who thinks contracts come ready for signature without any need to read them or negotiate terms.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Very doubtful. If Bishop gets in foul trouble they will just put Cunningham at the 5. 

Bishop and Cunningham are the guys that foul the most. This is a game where we need Cunnigham to hit 2 or 3 3's.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Bishop and Cunningham are the guys that foul the most.

They are but even without Timmy in the Big 12 tournament, Anamekwe didn't get minutes. 

If Texas gets in foul trouble my guess is Texas just goes really small and play the guards. I.e. giving Morris more minutes. Even somebody like Timmy or Mitchell might play the 5 before they play Anamewke. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their guards are scorers not defensive players. 

You can beat their guards off the dribble and their big is 6'7 inside (which is small). Even with Disu the scoring needed to come from our guards off the dribble. 

Thanks for letting us know that 6’7” is small for a big man. 👍

3 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

Aside from the rumble with the fiancé, beard’s biggest lapse this season may have been not getting a big from the portal that could provide 10 mins or so a game if necessary …

True but no big worth a shit was going to come play here with Bishop and Disu. Bishop could start for about 98% of college teams and he's coming off the bench. 

• Pancho pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

True but no big worth a shit was going to come play here with Bishop and Disu. Bishop could start for about 98% of college teams and he's coming off the bench. 

Also hard to find a talented big who can switch. That was the biggest issue. Texas looked at some guys, but if you couldn't switch, you weren't coming to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

For basically the entire game today my heart will feel like I’m skydiving high on cocaine while smoking meth out of one side of my mouth and a cigarette out of the other 

Right after having a large plate of brisket 

FTR I just went to my local BBQ spot* and got some brisket (no cocaine, meth or cigs though don’t worry!)

*Monks in Purcellville VA. Highly recommended if you’re ever in the area 

• Pancho unpinned this topic