Texas vs Miami- Elite 8- 4:05pm on CBS

shadow_operative

Miami dude jumped straight  up and Cunningham was undercutting the fuck out of him. 

From the age of 5, you are told that when a shot goes up, you find a man, put your ass into him and box out. That was all that was. He was boxing him out when he was on the ground then he jumped. Total horse shit.
  • Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the commentators are really trying not to come out and say wtf. and you know they seen some fixes

They did that for Miami calls too. 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

When Rafferty and Nance are both calling out the bad calls, it’s really bad.

No, they were oblivious to it. In fact they said the ref’s overturn was the “right call”. 

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

bro shouldn't have backed into him. just act like you're going for the ball fucks sake.

When a guy is literally climbing over your back, you keep blocking out. 

16 minutes ago, Slacks said:

That's not what happened. The refs got it right.

That’s exactly what happened and the refs got it woefully wrong. 

15 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Not undercut the fuck out of the guy, that was some Danny Ainge shit there

That’s bullshit. Omir was barreling through Brock. It was clear as fucking day and they got it right the first time. 

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Not sure i want terry tbh

You’re a fucking moron nurse who brags about making $200k per year “with overtime”. Fuck yourself. 

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

One of the bigger problems in sports is refs don’t have to face questions.

Questions like, “Why did you reverse that over the back call when one guy has position is backing up for the rebound and has his eyes on the ball? How is he responsible for knowing a guy is going to come flying in from behind him?”

Tim-Donaghy-1000x600.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Cant win a game when the other team shoots 60%, simple as that. Play better defense and you win going away. Yes the refs sucked, but you have to be able to overcome that at some point if you want to win it all. 

sure just ignore the 35FT on fouls that you know...didn't happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Liquor and Poker said:

The ref thing is so aggy I’m waiting to hear whoop

The reffing was bad but we still had a 13 point lead. We just hit our shots we win.

I also didn't realize I could jump over a guy's back from behind and have the foul be on him. I will try this new legal move next time I play. 

Nah. The game was the same. We missed shots. Go look at the shot chat for both halves... Ball movement was similar. Shot making went away because legs were dead. 
I see this in aau ball every week. Teams with short rotations and a size disadvantage get gassed in the 2nd half and the scoring stops.

First half when they played zone we were able to get the pivot guy to the FT line and dribble handoff. Second half for whatever reason we didn't so passed the ball around and settled for bad shots.

Just now, staboner said:

i still can't get over what the rule is here that made this the right call? the announcers also agreed. its not brocks fault the other left his feet...its over the back or nothing on loose ball.

we certainly were not great down the stretch and kudos to them for making all their foul shots, but the refs controlled the entirety of the second half.  our defense was fucking good, and was winning the game, but then we got penalized for it and that killed our MO. on top of that the travels, over the backs, and no charges on them on that side of the court was BS. 

the game was called completely differently from the start of the second half.  there was a reason for that...to give Miami the game.  25points on FT's.  phantom fouls on Bishop and Brock. No travels called at all.  they called one pushoff after 38 minutes of Miami doing it on every drive.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The refs were just gasoline feeding the fire that was Terry's bad lineups, lack of adjustments, and overreliance on Carr and Allen.  The offense was Timmy Allen bricks and turnovers for way too long. Dillon Mitchell got a lot of minutes in the second half, but Morris, who might have been able to spell Carr well, didn't play. We didn't call any plays (or called stupid ones) down the stretch, and Carr made mistakes on back-to-back possessions. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Cant win a game when the other team shoots 60%, simple as that. Play better defense and you win going away. Yes the refs sucked, but you have to be able to overcome that at some point if you want to win it all. 

You can by getting more possessions than them, which is what Texas did. They had more FGs in this game than Miami. 

The second their big guy went to the bench with 4 fouls the refs made the game 5 straight minutes of Miami FTs 

We didn't get one offensive legit possession 

We didn't recover

Not to mention the guy with 4 fouls getting away with over and back on Brock (2 Miami FTs) then pushing Carr in the lane next play (2 Miami FTs)

I forgot how much it sucks to get this far and get hosed

Just now, Sal said:

The refs were just gasoline feeding the fire that was Terry's bad lineups, lack of adjustments, and overreliance on Carr and Allen.  The offense was Timmy Allen bricks and turnovers for way too long. Dillon Mitchell got a lot of minutes in the second half, but Morris, who might have been able to spell Carr well, didn't play. We didn't call any plays (or called stupid ones) down the stretch, and Carr made mistakes on back-to-back possessions. 

weird, now do the part where phantom calls in a double bonus add up to over 15FT

12 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Fuck that.

We were way up and went cold on offense and played tired on defense. We blew it and Miami seized it.

If I'm being real about the 2nd half performance, I gotta acknowledge that they seemed to purposefully slow the offense down when we went up double digits. Then the whistles started, then any semblance of a flow that we had on offense faded away. We didn't have the legs to push. Then Carr got hurt and he had no explosion.

During their run they had at least 3 fast breaks that they didn't get all first half because we were hustling on defense. All of a sudden they started getting 4 on 3 fast breaks because our guys blinked first. We played like dawgs............. Til we didn't. Frustrating as shit. As talented a team as we've had in a long time, and it's not like we need a reminder how often we get a Top 2 seed and a shot at the final four. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

No, they were oblivious to it. In fact they said the ref’s overturn was the “right call”. 

It’s not enough you have to be stupid on the Mavs thread, you have to come here, too?

My comment was on the travel that the refs missed and then called a foul on Allen. You’re not keeping up with the thread.

1 minute ago, Sal said:

The refs fucked us but that game still could have been won with more adequate coaching in the second half. 

Announcers didn't say it at the end but multiple times they named several bad calls: the Hunter block, another block I can't remember and the non travel call as three examples.

Yes Miami shot lights out and Texas made some dumb turnovers and bogged but in a close, competitive game the shitty refs absolutely had undue influence. Fucking sucks.

Plus the quantity of calls and the vast 1st half/2nd half difference in how the game was called screwed up Texas' rhythm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I’m proud of these guys. They could have easily folded after the Beard debacle and they fought their asses off. Hopefully this is just the beginning for this program. 

how many guys return? who is in the pipeline? This is going to be the peak for a long time, sadly. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

sure just ignore the 35FT on fouls that you know...didn't happen.

Oh I agree with you. If the game is called fairly, we win easily. But I guess I have seen enough tournament ball over my life to become numb to it. Someone always gets fucked over it seems. The best teams that win it are able to overcome the BS. 

21 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That overturned foul call is the play of the game

!

Especially since that Miami dude should have already fouled out with another over the back about 5 minutes earlier.  Refs swallowed whistle on that call.

• Hook 'Em 1

Heater breaker for that team.

I knew it was gona be butt clincher when it seemed like were were burying them...yet there was still 10mins left! 2nd half took forever.  

Def disappeared.  Miami seemed like they made everything. Guards went cold.   Refs didn't help. I hate blaming them but they were swinging a lot of emotion and rhythm in miami favor. 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

This is a year of just “almost but no cigar” 

W. softball

baseball

track

and now Basketball. 

FUCK 

Beats the long drought where we weren’t ever even in contention or the conversation 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Got outscored by 15 in the 2nd half. That’ll kill most anyone. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic