Texas vs Miami- Elite 8- 4:05pm on CBS

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Goddammit you obtuse fuck….it’s a literal description of a foul. It’s like yelling “he walked!” Or “he’s hooking!” Or “he slapped his shooting arm!” JFC.

Speaking of hooking, I saw a few of those by Miami that were ignored 

Edited by Hammerin Hank
Timmy may have gotten called for a foul on one of them now that I think about it
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Not that this argument needs any more fuel, but even Omier thought he had fouled out on the play. Just sayin'.

Exactly.  It's like when a batter starts heading back to the dugout then looks over his shoulder and realizes you didn't call it strike 3.

Nobody knows better than the players.  He fucking knew he was gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, QuesoEspecial said:

This exact situation happened right after Carr’s injury...Miami dude drove straight into Brock’s chest and Brock got called for a foul...2 free throws for Miami 

There definitely like 5 calls that in every other game were called charges in Texas's favor but in this game were called blocks against Texas

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

What sucks is regardless of anything else, we had opportunities. It’s like the basket had a fucking lid on it 

We should have played more guys in the second half

RT was subbing a lot in the first half and that worked great. He kept with basically one lineup the last 10 minutes. Which was not the right call.

The FT disparity in this game is so absurd. Forget the Brock thing. The fact that we took 11 more shots and had less than half the FTA is pretty crazy. 

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

RT was subbing a lot in the first half and that worked great. He kept with basically one lineup the last 10 minutes. Which was not the right call.

Yup. No legs

• Hook 'Em 2

Serious question. Why would I yell that? I don’t know what you mean 

That’s the actual official name of a foul committed by a player who has possession of the ball. “Hooking” is not an actual name of a foul. Some around here think we can’t say things like “over the back” since that’s not an actual name of a foul.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I agree with this. I thought we should have had Arterio Morris in more once Carr got hurt. He made some good shots in the first half 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

That’s the actual official name of a foul committed by a player who has possession of the ball. “Hooking” is not an actual name of a foul. Some around here think we can’t say things like “over the back” since that’s not an actual name of a foul.

Yea, syntax arguments are fucking dumb when the overall point is that was an absurd “reversal” of a 50/50 call

12 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I agree with this. I thought we should have had Arterio Morris in more once Carr got hurt. He made some good shots in the first half 

He could have helped with Wong also.  He had like 2 points in the first half and didn't start doing shit until Carr got hurt.

Really a heartbreaking loss. It seemed like player health was one of the things in our favor for the most part this season and to see Rice/Carr looking gimpy and Disu not being able to go, we will have to ask what if.

Nevertheless, it was a great season and I’m so proud of our guys and coaches for making it one to remember when it could have easily spiraled.

• Hook 'Em 4

• Pancho unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

If we'd had a guy go 7-7 from the field and 13-13 from the line, we'd have been calling it one of the game's greatest performances ever. And rightly so. Regardless of how many FTs Miller really earned, that guy was a killer today. Has anyone on that stage ever hit all 20 attempts? Not even Walton. 

I think Laetner did it one time in an elite 8 game. 

53 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

One ref called a foul on Miami, one ref called it on Texas. They got together and went with one of the calls; that happens all the time…

Wait so both refs blew the whistle at the same time?

Bullshit. One ref called the foul. Then he met with the others and overturned it.

we're never getting away from the Big 12 b.s. are we?  Is that really true, that 2 of these refs were big 12 guys? 

Great postseason run by the horns.  No matter how many times it happens, I never expect refs to determine the outcome  of a game.  Especially during the postseason.   It happened twice today, earlier game and ours. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ah, I see.

Cunningham is supposed to be thinking “as soon as this guy jumps, I have to stop moving backward.” 

While his momentum is moving backward, his eyes are on the ball, and he’s supposed to be able to discern when the guy has gone vertical.

You guys are fucking something else.

So... For fuck's sake... Let's just not see it and it's not a foul. Like little kids and object permanence.

He didn't intentionally foul, but that doesn't make it not a foul. ust because he can't see what's happening, doesn't make it not a foul.

sometimes, hustling like you're supposed to results in a foul. It did.

I'll confess, maybe I don't watch enough college basketball, but I have never seen them stop counting the fouls on the tv screen.  

Of course it's also sort of hard to say the Ref's are not influencing the game when on team gets 32 free throws, and the other team gets 15.  I hate the way television influences the refs to try to "keep the game close." in these big matchups.  

Great season for the Horns, but the one lesson that EVERY Texas team has to learn.  At Texas you will always have to be better than your opponent, and the referees...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So... For fuck's sake... Let's just not see it and it's not a foul. Like little kids and object permanence.
He didn't intentionally foul, but that doesn't make it not a foul. ust because he can't see what's happening, doesn't make it not a foul.
sometimes, hustling like you're supposed to results in a foul. It did.

Bullshit. Once you’re boxed out and the ball is on the other side of the player boxing you out, you’ve lost the battle. Any contact you initiate in that situation is a foul on you. Period.
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

Really a heartbreaking loss. It seemed like player health was one of the things in our favor for the most part this season and to see Rice/Carr looking gimpy and Disu not being able to go, we will have to ask what if.

Nevertheless, it was a great season and I’m so proud of our guys and coaches for making it one to remember when it could have easily spiraled.

We would have won with Disu.  No doubt.  Miami didn't have to shoot from the outside because we had nobody to block out the inside.  They just drove in and laid it up….at the end, just gave the ball to Miller to drive it to the basket…we couldn’t stop him.  If he didn’t make a short shot, he’d get fouled…he made 13 straight free throws…they took 32 free throws to our 15….

It hurts losing a close game that we should and could have won…I’m sure the players are hurting more than the fans.  

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Bullshit. Once you’re boxed out and the ball is on the other side of the player boxing you out, you’ve lost the battle. Any contact you initiate in that situation is a foul on you. Period.

You're saying Omier initiated contact. That's not what I'm saying or what was called.

And you're still not fully correct...

Cunningham had him boxed out. For some reason, everyone seems to think moving your feet while clearing out can't be called a foul. Cunningham had a great box out... But the backwards walk with contact turned into a foul.

I know someone will post a gif if I'm seeing it wrong.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm so sick that it ended this way for these guys.  Everybody involved with this season deserved a Final Four.  

If Miami had come out and whipped us by 15, hey, tip your cap.  If they'd hit three after three to come back from 13 down, hey, tip your cap.  But to be given 21 fucking free throws in the last 10 minutes and win a game without hitting a single field goal in the last 5 minutes?  That's a god damned robbery.

And this season, with all its storylines, deserved a better ending.

This one's gonna bother me for a long time.  Forever.

I'm in the same boat.

Particularly the way the game was officiated. First half and maybe a handful of minutes of the second half were "let them play" but then the refs shoved themselves into the second half and the last few minutes especially.

And what it did was disrupt Texas' flow and rhythm and let Miami score all they needed from the line. Good on them for making their free throws, I guess.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm so sick that it ended this way for these guys.  Everybody involved with this season deserved a Final Four.  

If Miami had come out and whipped us by 15, hey, tip your cap.  If they'd hit three after three to come back from 13 down, hey, tip your cap.  But to be given 21 fucking free throws in the last 10 minutes and win a game without hitting a single field goal in the last 5 minutes?  That's a god damned robbery.

And this season, with all its storylines, deserved a better ending.

This one's gonna bother me for a long time.  Forever.

Texas only hit 5 of their last 18 FG attempts.