Texas vs Miami- Elite 8- 4:05pm on CBS

shadow_operative

Tom Penders did the same thing. he came out onto the court jumping in the air and waving his arms. he was about at center court by the time officials saw him. we were losing by a margin of something like 10-12 points when it happened. iirc they tossed Penders, but what i definitely remember is that we went on a huge run after that and came back and won the game. there have been a dozen or more times since then that i've wished that one of our HC's would do the same thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Tom Penders did the same thing. he came out onto the court jumping in the air and waving his arms. he was about at center court by the time officials saw him. we were losing by a margin of something like 10-12 points when it happened. iirc they tossed Penders, but what i definitely remember is that we went on a huge run after that and came back and won the game. there have been a dozen or more times since then that i've wished that one of our HC's would do the same thing.

Tom used to spin his coat out onto the floor. Getting a tech with style. 😎

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

speaking of refs, when do we find out if the NCAA endorsed this highway robbery? Iow, when do we find out none of the refs who worked our Miami game made it to the final four?  Or maybe they did?

Only one of them advanced (Ron Groover). Brent Hampton and Patrick Adams did not 

Edited by Js1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Pop was great at it. And he wasn't anything but potentially the greatest basketball coach to ever live. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/29/2023 at 1:18 PM, Pancho said:

Unless they retire, we will still see Ron Groover and Pat Adams in Texas games next semester. You can bank on that.

Doubt our opponents will have the incentive to pay them as much in those games though tbh.