Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

8 hours ago, pops said:

I'm not a canelo fan because I think he was a pussy ducking GGG when he was at his prime,  but fuck he's good right now

i'm sort of in the same boat, but he's growing on me.  if he stays as active as he's been lately and keeps beating the shit out of people, i might become a full fledged fan.  there is no one under 175 who can compete with him right now.

Good scrap. Figueroa wore him down in Figueroa fashion. Puro Pinche 956, shoutout to Weslaco. 

Nery had spurts in the early rounds where he'd go like 30-45 seconds just straight swinging. It was obvious Figueroa wanted to pressure him, work the body and tire him out, why would Nery gas himself like that on purpose instead of fighting in fast spurts and using his speed advantage. Either terrible coaching or a fighter that doesn't listen.

• Hook 'Em 1

welp, instead of fury/joshua on august 14 it appears we are getting fury/wilder 3 on july 24.

i don't see any reason to think wilder can beat fury but at least it should be entertaining.  (for the record i don't see much reason to believe that joshua would beat fury either).

On 5/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, BigOrange1 said:

welp, instead of fury/joshua on august 14 it appears we are getting fury/wilder 3 on july 24.

i don't see any reason to think wilder can beat fury but at least it should be entertaining.  (for the record i don't see much reason to believe that joshua would beat fury either).

Agree. Fury is the baddest mofo in town right now but we need fury Joshua. 

i watched it on dvr after the dazn card.  ive been a big donaire fan for a long time now and was looking forward to the fight tonight, but didn't really thing he had a real chance.  4th round KO says fuck you to that thinking.  dude is a fucking warrior and i am so happy for him.

Ok, so I don't really pay attention to a lot of social media crap but, last night I saw there was a 30-minute show, produced by Floyd Mayweather, concerning the upcoming fight between Floyd and a fellow named Logan Paul. I watched a few minutes of it and it just seemed like a parody. This Paul kid/guy was an influencer on YouTube and now he wants to fight Floyd.

It seems stupid for Floyd to even bother with this guy. Floyd is 44-, or 45-years old now and worth close to $500-million. What's the point?

Then, I saw that it is slated to happen this upcoming week.

Is this really going to happen?

One of the things I took from the video is that Paul has a receding hairline that he is trying to cover up with his hairstyle. 

Let's talk about the Woodley Jake Paul fight here instead of the MMA thread, since it's boxing.

Everybody in the other thread seems to think Woodley will win easily. I don't see it. At this point, Jake Paul is the more disciplined and technical striker. He's also taller and heavier than Woodley, not to mention much younger.

Now Woodley does have that right hand and if he connects on the button then it's lights out for Jake Paul. Otherwise Paul can outbox him.

Here's a breakdown from YouTuber who IMO has pretty good analyses.

Woodley has put people to sleep with his hands. And he's got a good chin. I realize he's coming off a losing skid and flunked out of the UFC but Paul has never been pursued by a guy with the type of power that Woodley can generate. It's gonna be a real different challenge than facing a fat ass, glass jaw, immobile Ben Askren who could never even strike in the first place. Assuming this isn't staged, Paul has got a seriously dangerous task in front of him.

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

How is Mayweather getting 30 million plus part of the ppv buys to fight Logan Paul who lost his only fight to another YouTube? Wtf 

Welcome to the new world. Celebrity means more than anything else. Money is like my age and he will kill him. And it doesn't matter

Winner for most rigged try to make it look good but not hurt each other and let’s make $$. fight of all times goes to!!   This shit lol. Mayweather not even trying to punch him in the face for real much at all.  Telling me he has ever missed punches to the face this much before? Lol

Edited by Hook1997

I know it's way too early to talk Fury - Wilder but I'm excited to see it. It feels like people are forgetting how dangerous Wilder can be.

I'm pulling for Fury because I always favor skill over brawlers but Wilder absolutely has the power to end the fight.

you're right.  fury should absolutely be favored and will likely win, but wilder can end any fight with one punch.  honestly, due to his power, he probably has a better chance of beating fury than joshua would.

they've also stacked the card with hard hitting heavyweights so it should be a fun show.