Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

That told me two things.

1 Askren definitely took a dive. Paul has no power. 

2 While Paul can never face an actual professional boxer as even a journeyman would tune him up, he's showed more toughness than I ever thought he'd have. He holds way too much and isn't entertaining but he can take a decent punch. 

I guess next get Nate Diaz in there with him

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That told me two things.

1 Askren definitely took a dive. Paul has no power. 

2 While Paul can never face an actual professional boxer as even a journeyman would tune him up, he's showed more toughness than I ever thought he'd have. He holds way too much and isn't entertaining but he can take a decent punch. 

I guess next get Nate Diaz in there with him

Some chance that Nate Diaz is on one fight deals with the UFC. But any UFC fighter under contract is off the table for realistic choices to keep the bizarro money train rolling.

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Paul has no power. 

That's a dumb take. He knocked Nate Rob out cold and landed a few good hits in this one. I'm not sure he's capable of generating that much power under duress but if you leave yourself open he can certainly make you pay for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Paul is going to wind up being worth like $500mm before his first loss and end at like 7-1, on a gradual run up of fighting better and better people. This kid is laughing all the way to the bank and freeing himself from the shackles of the beast that is content-creation and YouTube/viewership monetization in the ABE.

This is a fantastic read: https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/32091828/is-jake-paul-bad-boxing-next-question

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Better action in the stands than the snooze fest in the ring. Woodley sucked, Paul sucked, and if you buy into these fights you’re a sucker and would probably be better off watching AEW or WWE. Same concept. 

Either of them would beat your pussy ass into a pulp in 10 seconds. If you don't find it entertaining then don't tune in. Sorry you wasted money on the PPV like a fucking chump. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Either of them would beat your pussy ass into a pulp in 10 seconds. If you don't find it entertaining then don't tune in. Sorry you wasted money on the PPV like a fucking chump. 

Imagine thinking I watched 🤣

imagine getting worked up over scripted events by a social media performer

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Imagine thinking I watched 🤣

imagine getting worked up over scripted events by a social media performer

You're the one negging harmless opinions. I'm not worked up at all. Take a lap. And if you didn't watch then keep your shitass takes and twitter reposts to yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're the one negging harmless opinions. I'm not worked up at all. Take a lap. And if you didn't watch then keep your shitass takes and twitter reposts to yourself. 

Damn bro you get a few drinks in and let the whole ass internet have it. Twitter and here. You should challenge Jake Paul, we could use a drunk Mexican hero!

• Haha 1

Shit fight. Woodley made Paul pay exactly one time with a lead right since Paul had that left hand down all night, and he never went back to it. He pulled it at least two other times though. That told me all I need to know. The call for a rematch immediately told me even more than I wanted to know. It's WWE directed and produced by the Paul brothers. Thankfully I paid zero dollars for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Woodley did have the trans flag on his shorts and dude wipes on his ass. Classy move. Jake had some kind of light up moving logo shit on his shorts. Totally legit. Showtime is a joke, I'm so glad they hired Hawanni he belongs there.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Damn bro you get a few drinks in and let the whole ass internet have it. Twitter and here. You should challenge Jake Paul, we could use a drunk Mexican hero!

Neat reply. I'm going to bed. The rest of you are welcome to neg each other and get your pussies in a wad over an innocuous showmatch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Shit fight. Woodley made Paul pay exactly one time with a lead right since Paul had that left hand down all night, and he never went back to it. He pulled it at least two other times though. That told me all I need to know. The call for a rematch immediately told me even more than I wanted to know. It's WWE directed and produced by the Paul brothers. Thankfully I paid zero dollars for it. 

Of course it was a shit fight. It's amateur boxing. I found it somewhat entertaining. Not sure how it becomes so serious for some people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Watching the Pauls fight can lead to brain cancer and strokes.

I never would have believed you, but I did watch BurntOrange&White stroke out on this very thread so I guess I was today years old when I learned this to be true.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

the paul guys were able to leverage their fame with an exclusively pre-teen crowd into a business enterprise worth hundreds of millions of dollars. 

the way they were able to capitalize on and transition beyond that niche slice of initial popularity is actually impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

I can't even comprehend what Woodley was doing the remaining several minutes of the fight when he needed a KO to win. He showed no aggression what so ever passively milking out the remainder of the fight. I don't know if he was fearing unloading then being countered and knocked out himself or what, but he finished the fight like a bitch. Jake Paul is laughing all the way to the bank fighting under-sized former NBA players and washed up MMA fighters.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

I can't even comprehend what Woodley was doing the remaining several minutes of the fight when he needed a KO to win. He showed no aggression what so ever passively milking out the remainder of the fight. I don't know if he was fearing unloading then being countered and knocked out himself or what, but he finished the fight like a bitch. Jake Paul is laughing all the way to the bank fighting under-sized former NBA players and washed up MMA fighters.

basically his MO since 9 fights ago.  he was a bit more valiant in his very last fight, against luque, but got finished for that effort.  maybe his inner voice still got a hold of him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can’t be the only one excited for tomorrow’s fight? Biggest fight of Joshua’s career imo. Klitschko was a huge fight but he was 40+ at that point. Usyk, although not a natural heavyweight, is a fantastic boxer. He’s got good movement, lands a lot of scoring punches, and can get some power in combinations. He’s also bulked all the way up to 220lbs. Can’t wait but I’ll take Joshua for a late fight KO.

• 2 weeks later...