Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I could see a 115-113 for Usyk but I don’t see how you could find 7 rounds for AJ. 116-112 is about right. 
Usyk is just a better fighter than AJ. AJ can hurt people but since Klitschko he hasn’t been willing to trade shots. He did more of that today but Usyk makes you pay for scraping. 
Would love to see Usyk v Fury. I would worry about Fury punching through the guard of Usyk but I could see Usyk having the athleticism to work a lot of body and be Fury’s biggest challenge 

On 8/20/2022 at 11:42 PM, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I could see a 115-113 for Usyk but I don’t see how you could find 7 rounds for AJ. 116-112 is about right. 
Usyk is just a better fighter than AJ. AJ can hurt people but since Klitschko he hasn’t been willing to trade shots. He did more of that today but Usyk makes you pay for scraping. 
Would love to see Usyk v Fury. I would worry about Fury punching through the guard of Usyk but I could see Usyk having the athleticism to work a lot of body and be Fury’s biggest challenge 

Fury would school him so easily. 

Height 6'-3" Reach 78" 

vs.

Height 6'-9" Reach 85"

Advantage in stamina, power, age, experience, skill and banter. 

9 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Fury would school him so easily. 

Height 6'-3" Reach 78" 

vs.

Height 6'-9" Reach 85"

Advantage in stamina, power, age, experience, skill and banter. 

I tend to agree that Fury would win but Usyk is absolutely more fit and has more skill. 
The interesting part of the Fury Usyk fight will be seeing if Usyk can evade the power punches and cause damage to Fury by working the body. The size makes that very difficult but Usyk is an elite elite elite boxer.

not a lot of hype for the third ggg/canelo fight taking place this weekend.  i'm still excited for it, even though it's not the big deal it was back when they fought for the first time.  over them summer i rewatched both fights and scored them both 7-5 in favor of GGG.  for his sake, i hope he can pull out a victory on saturday so he has at least one win over canelo on his resume, but i am dubious about his chances to get that done.

yeah that was disappointing.  the first two fights were so good (even though they were scored incorrectly).  but yeah this trilogy should have taken place in like 2014-2017.  

i stand by my claim that right now canelo is unbeatable at 168 and below.  i don' think he can beat bivol at 175 though.  and beterbiev would destroy him.

22 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah that was disappointing.  the first two fights were so good (even though they were scored incorrectly).  but yeah this trilogy should have taken place in like 2014-2017.  

i stand by my claim that right now canelo is unbeatable at 168 and below.  i don' think he can beat bivol at 175 though.  and beterbiev would destroy him.

Yep. 168 and below and he's untouchable. He and his people have done a masterclass at handling his career. Mayweather esque in that regard. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...