Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

16 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Man, I just gained a load of respect for Wilder.

Dude seemed like he was making a lot of excuses for that horrid loss last time to Fury.  But goddamn if he didn't give it everything he had tonight.

What a fucking fight.

Mask was still too heavy

10 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

shakur is gonna be a fucking superstar.

He was just too slick, too young, too athletic and too damned good for Herring. I really enjoy watching Stevenson.

That Zayas kid looked pretty darn good too. He has been up & down a bit and needs consistency. Maybe as he moves up the ladder he will be more focused. But I liked how he looked.

The Ali Walsh looked interesting. I think he's in good hands as far as training. Hopefully they allow him to earn, if he is good enough, his way to the top.

The Holyfield kid's KO punch was pretty sweet as well.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

canelo is a fucking monster.  i say it every time he fights, but there is no one 175lbs or lighter who can beat him.  plant had a few nice moments and people are talking him up like he was in the fight.  canelo won 9 or 10 rounds before knocking him out in the 11th.  

Maybe prime ggg

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe prime ggg

Well sorta-kinda prime GGG beat Canelo twice.  Gave him a thrashing in the first fight (with Canelo on roids) and according to most media cards slightly edged him in the second fight.

Which, of course, is why Canelo wanted no part of a rubber match and even ended his DAZN contract to avoid it. 

GGG ain't looked the same recently though.  Getting too old. 

1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

Well sorta-kinda prime GGG beat Canelo twice.  Gave him a thrashing in the first fight (with Canelo on roids) and according to most media cards slightly edged him in the second fight.

Which, of course, is why Canelo wanted no part of a rubber match and even ended his DAZN contract to avoid it. 

GGG ain't looked the same recently though.  Getting too old. 

GGG easily won fight 1, fight 2 was close but I thought GGG was well past his prime by then.