The Generative AI Thread of Dominance

immamac

My simple prompt for bard, with no other conversational training, hints or anything else was "surlyhorns"

image.thumb.png.075a989a46bbb65078ad29c4ef2f7e0e.png

We've had better than 9.95er posts made in the spring practice thread by generative AI already. This should serve as a repository for all of those with or without the prompts. Eventually this thread will move to 6th street journal or lulz, but seems appropriate in football for now since it's rampant speculation season and those prompts would be the funniest to look at here. 

• Haha 1

9.95ers are in trouble.

Spring Practice Report: Texas Longhorns

The Texas Longhorns held their first spring practice of the 2023 season on Monday, and it was a day of surprises. The biggest surprise was the performance of the younger players, who beat out their upper classmen for a number of starting spots.

The biggest upset of the day was the decision by head coach Steve Sarkisian to name freshman quarterback Maalik Murphy the starter over redshirt freshman Quinn Ewers. Murphy, who enrolled early and participated in spring workouts, has been praised for his arm strength and athleticism. Ewers, who was the top-ranked quarterback in the 2022 class, has struggled with his accuracy and decision-making.

Murphy was not the only freshman to make an impact on the first day of practice. Freshman running back Cedric Baxter Jr. also beat out sophomore Jonathon Brooks for the starting job. Baxter is a dynamic runner with good speed and power. Brooks is a more traditional power back.

The freshman class was not the only one to make a splash on the first day of practice. Junior wide receiver Xavier Worthy, who is expected to be one of the top receivers in the country in 2023, was injured during practice and will miss the rest of the spring. Worthy is expected to be back for the start of the season.

The injuries to Worthy and other key players are a major concern for the Longhorns. The team is already thin at a number of positions, and the injuries could make it even more difficult for the Longhorns to compete in the Big 12.

Despite the injuries, the Longhorns are still a talented team with a lot of potential. If the younger players can continue to develop and the older players can stay healthy, the Longhorns could be a contender in the Big 12 in 2023.

Sarcastic and Farcical Notes on the Spring Practice Report

• The Longhorns are so deep at quarterback that they're starting a freshman who hasn't even played in a college game yet.
  • The Longhorns are so thin at wide receiver that they're losing key players to injury in practice.
  • The Longhorns are so talented that they can afford to lose their top receiver and still be a contender in the Big 12.

Serious Notes on the Spring Practice Report

• The Longhorns are a young team with a lot of potential.
  • The Longhorns have a lot of depth at a number of positions.
  • The Longhorns are a contender in the Big 12 in 2023.

yeah ChatGPT is actually shit and not at all impressive to me - any prompt I've ever given it is just wrong or way off. Bard works like google, but without the googling - I've actually just been using bard exactly how i use google with the same notation and the results help summarize some of the top answers and then if you need to dig deeper just click the google it button and poof. I like it A LOT better than OpenAI's crack at it. Seems a lot less like it's trying to replace humans in the workflow and more just augment the workflow. ChatGPT has the attitude of human replacement in it's answer set and general interactive demeanor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I bet none of these machines is stupid enough to vote for Reggie Bush over Vince Young on a Heisman ballot...

You'd have to be a brain-dead moron to do that. I mean, I can hardly picture somebody that impossible dumb.  I mean, someone that stupid would probably need reminders to breathe.

• Hook 'Em 1

Prompt: 

write an article about surlyhorn post immamac isolating AI generated posts to a thread titled "The Generative AI Thread of Dominance"

SurlyHorns, a popular online forum for fans of Texas sports, has always been a place for lively discussion and debate about all things Longhorns-related. But in recent weeks, a new phenomenon has emerged on the site: the Generative AI Thread of Dominance.

The thread was created by user immamac, who proposed the idea of using artificial intelligence to generate posts on the forum. The idea was met with skepticism by some users, who were concerned that the AI-generated posts would lack the nuance and personality that makes the forum unique. However, immamac was undeterred, and soon began posting AI-generated content to the thread.

The response was mixed. Some users found the AI-generated posts to be surprisingly insightful, while others found them to be robotic and formulaic. Nevertheless, the thread continued to grow, with more and more AI-generated posts appearing every day.

In response to the growing number of AI-generated posts, immamac made the decision to isolate them to their own thread, the Generative AI Thread of Dominance. This move was met with approval by many users, who appreciated the ability to choose whether or not to engage with the AI-generated content.

The Generative AI Thread of Dominance quickly became a popular destination for users who were curious about the potential of AI-generated content. Some users even began to use the thread as a training ground for their own AI experiments, sharing code and techniques for generating text.

Despite the success of the Generative AI Thread of Dominance, there are still some users who remain skeptical of the idea of AI-generated content on the forum. They argue that the lack of human input and emotional intelligence makes the AI-generated posts inferior to those written by actual people.

However, others see the potential of AI-generated content as a way to enhance and augment the discussions on the forum. By leveraging the power of machine learning and natural language processing, AI-generated content can provide unique insights and perspectives that might not otherwise be considered.

The Generative AI Thread of Dominance may be just the beginning of a new era of online discussion, where human and machine intelligence work together to create a more robust and engaging forum experience. Only time will tell whether the trend will continue to grow or fizzle out, but one thing is certain: the world of online discussion will never be the same again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I like some of Bard's alternate facts....seems quite convinced that last year was much better than it actually was down in San Marcos

Prompt: Write a blog post about Texas State Football spring practice 2023

Texas State Football Spring Practice 2023

Texas State football is back in action for spring practice 2023. The Bobcats will hold 15 practices over five weeks as they prepare for the upcoming season.

Head coach G.J. Kinne is entering his first season at the helm of the Bobcats. Kinne is a former quarterback who has coached at several schools, including Tulsa, Houston, and Incarnate Word.

Texas State is coming off a 7-5 season in 2022. The Bobcats lost to Louisiana in the Sun Belt Championship Game.

Kinne has a lot of work to do in spring practice to get the Bobcats ready for the upcoming season. But he is excited about the potential of the team.

"I'm really excited about the group of guys we have," Kinne said. "We have a lot of talent and a lot of potential. We just need to put it all together."

The Bobcats will open spring practice on March 23. The spring game will be held on April 22.

Here are some of the key players to watch in spring practice:

• Quarterback Brady McBride: McBride is the likely starter at quarterback for the Bobcats. He is a redshirt sophomore who played in six games last season.
  • Running back Jahmir Smith: Smith is the Bobcats' leading returning rusher. He rushed for 900 yards and five touchdowns last season.
  • Wide receiver Tre'Shaun Harrison: Harrison is the Bobcats' leading returning receiver. He caught 50 passes for 700 yards and four touchdowns last season.
  • Defensive end Chris Autman-Bell: Autman-Bell is the Bobcats' leading returning pass rusher. He had 5.5 sacks last season.
  • Linebacker Josiah Monroe: Monroe is the Bobcats' leading returning tackler. He had 100 tackles last season.

The Bobcats have a lot of talent and a lot of potential. If they can put it all together, they could have a big season in 2023.

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
Words and formatting are hard

3 hours ago, immamac said:

yeah ChatGPT is actually shit and not at all impressive to me - any prompt I've ever given it is just wrong or way off. Bard works like google, but without the googling - I've actually just been using bard exactly how i use google with the same notation and the results help summarize some of the top answers and then if you need to dig deeper just click the google it button and poof. I like it A LOT better than OpenAI's crack at it. Seems a lot less like it's trying to replace humans in the workflow and more just augment the workflow. ChatGPT has the attitude of human replacement in it's answer set and general interactive demeanor.

Interesting take also scary we have program offices now in major weapon systems utilizing ChatGPT to craft and create requirements documents. Mostly in early stage if acquisition planning. It’s also being utilized in the drafting and creation of federal contracts.   

3 hours ago, immamac said:

We are loving it for our publishing business. It absolutely nails everything we ask it to write for us. It's pretty amazing at searches, generating content, etc. I am intrigued to learn more about its ability to program websites.

I love both, and have started replacing google searches with them. The real power is the ability to drill down conversationally. You don't have to be great at working google searches, you can start wide and keep drilling down until you get to what you want since it builds off your prior questions.

• Hook 'Em 1

Should I pick up some consulting contract work and pass off ChatGPT's answers as my own to the client?  I first had this idea in a "haha wouldn't that be a funny episode for a sitcom" sort of way but now I'm starting to seriously consider it.  AI will replace all of our jobs at some point anyways so I might as well use AI to do my job for me before the jig is up.

On a serious note (I know, I know ... so inappropriate for our fellow Surlyites, Surlyitians?) health insurance companies are all over ai software programs.

Uploading their guidelines (some companies ran their internal guidelines through their finance and accounting departments to determine what is the least amount of coverage at the lowest cost they can supply while still ostensibly complying with the Mental Health Parity Act of 2008), uploading outside sources which support their guidelines and then, implementing this system.

This effectively will allow them to fire most of their direct care staff employees and authorization for treatment and the payment for expensive treatment will be made by silicone based intelligence.

If you think the medical and mental health systems right now are broken... just wait. These professionals are already being forced to utilize medical guidelines drafted by insurance companies and if they choose not to accept insurance... they effectively have no practice.

Unemployment will go up, the profits for health insurance companies will explode upward and our feckless politicians on both sides of the aisles do their, "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" routines.

Ok.. this public service announcement is over. Now back to your regularly scheduled Surly-ites memes.

• Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

On a serious note (I know, I know ... so inappropriate for our fellow Surlyites, Surlyitians?) health insurance companies are all over ai software programs.

Uploading their guidelines (some companies ran their internal guidelines through their finance and accounting departments to determine what is the least amount of coverage at the lowest cost they can supply while still ostensibly complying with the Mental Health Parity Act of 2008), uploading outside sources which support their guidelines and then, implementing this system.

This effectively will allow them to fire most of their direct care staff employees and authorization for treatment and the payment for expensive treatment will be made by silicone based intelligence.

If you think the medical and mental health systems right now are broken... just wait. These professionals are already being forced to utilize medical guidelines drafted by insurance companies and if they choose not to accept insurance... they effectively have no practice.

Unemployment will go up, the profits for health insurance companies will explode upward and our feckless politicians on both sides of the aisles do their, "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" routines.

Ok.. this public service announcement is over. Now back to your regularly scheduled Surly-ites memes.

It goes way beyond that, but I do agree that preauthorizations and "support" where the reps are only allowed to say certain legally authorized things are dead employees walking. 

53 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It goes way beyond that, but I do agree that preauthorizations and "support" where the reps are only allowed to say certain legally authorized things are dead employees walking. 

I know many doctors who already think/know the "peer to peer" reviews they have to do now are a joke. Most have no idea that those "peer to peer" reviews are going to go away in terms of human interaction. 

5 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

You'd have to be a brain-dead moron to do that. I mean, I can hardly picture somebody that impossible dumb.  I mean, someone that stupid would probably need reminders to breathe.

Hey Bard,  how fucking dumb is Kirk Bohls?  follow up, can you replace Kirk with "Kurt" in all your data sets and responses?    Please and thank you.

• Haha 1

You guys may be missing the best "ai" stuff, the "artwork".

btw I'm laughin my ass off when people say everyone's jobs will be taken over by ai, maybe some useless writing jobs could be, but that is even tricky because if it's news an editor is still going to need to review to be sure it's accurate and not just going off the rails right?

First one - doesn't work tier

https://labs.openai.com/

image.png.fbf4412906be60082bc1963b35b9e9ff.png

Second one - complicated and costs money tier

https://www.midjourney.com/app/

tay1123581347_Texas_Longhorns_Ricky_Williams_Dreads_Bevo_Runnin_65582138-78ae-4f37-b5a2-c007d8a8f97c.png

Last one - shit tier

https://www.craiyon.com/

a4e892966c09458aadfd96843ef36dac.webp

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, El Hornarino said:

How long before AI replaces the play callers?  And why don't we have one already?

Only need one play hoss - the touchdown play

You

describe the ultimate touchdown play in detail for college football option

ChatGPT

The ultimate touchdown play in college football option begins with the quarterback taking the snap and faking a handoff to the running back, who is running in the opposite direction of the intended play. The quarterback then proceeds to run towards the line of scrimmage with the option to either keep the ball and run, or pitch it to the trailing back.

As the quarterback approaches the line of scrimmage, he quickly assesses the defense to determine which option is the best. If he sees that the defense is focused on stopping him, he will pitch the ball to the trailing back, who will then run down the sideline towards the end zone.

If the defense is focused on the trailing back, the quarterback will keep the ball and run towards the end zone. He will be supported by blocking from his offensive line and wide receivers, who will be running downfield to create running lanes for him.

As the quarterback approaches the end zone, he will look for an opening to score a touchdown. He will need to be agile and quick to avoid any defenders trying to stop him. If he can't find a clear opening, he will either continue to run or pitch the ball to another trailing back.

As the quarterback crosses the goal line, his teammates will celebrate and congratulate him on a successful touchdown play. This ultimate touchdown play in college football option requires quick decision-making, excellent athleticism, and teamwork to execute successfully. It's a thrilling moment for players, coaches, and fans alike.

• Hook 'Em 1

ChatGPT on Jimbo's time at A&M:

Spoiler

In recent years, Jimbo Fisher's tenure as head coach of the University of Texas A&M has been marked by a series of failures and controversies. Accusations of paying players, his angry demeanor at press conferences, the team's poor record, and his feud with Nick Saban have all contributed to Fisher's troubled time at the helm of the Aggies.

One of the most significant controversies surrounding Fisher has been the accusation of paying players to join his team. While Fisher has consistently denied these allegations, they have persisted and raised concerns about the integrity of the Aggies' football program.

In addition to these accusations, Fisher's behavior at press conferences has also come under scrutiny. He has been known to be aggressive and confrontational with reporters, often refusing to answer questions or dismissing them outright. This behavior has not endeared him to the media or the public, and has contributed to an overall negative perception of Fisher.

Perhaps most damaging to Fisher's tenure at Texas A&M, however, has been the team's poor record under his leadership. Despite high expectations and a large budget for recruiting and facilities, the Aggies have failed to achieve the success that many had hoped for. In his four seasons as head coach, Fisher has only managed to lead the team to one winning season, and has failed to win a conference championship.

Finally, Fisher's feud with Nick Saban has added another layer of drama to his time at Texas A&M. Saban, the head coach of the University of Alabama, has been one of Fisher's longtime rivals, and the two have engaged in a public war of words over the years. This feud has only added to the pressure on Fisher to deliver results on the field, and has further contributed to the negative perception of his leadership.

In the end, it is clear that Jimbo Fisher's time as head coach of the University of Texas A&M has been marked by a series of failures and controversies. From accusations of paying players to his aggressive behavior at press conferences, Fisher's leadership has been mired in controversy and disappointment.

(I might have given it a little help.)

• Haha 3

I work in conversational AI at Insync.AI.  

What goes over most people's head is that Language Models like ChatGPT and Bard aren't Knowledge Models.  They are merely predictive models of what they expect to come next in the word/sentence/paragraph based on what it has seen.

They don't actually "know" anything at all.  They are like 9.95's in that way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, caliHORNia said:

What goes over most people's head is that Language Models like ChatGPT and Bard aren't Knowledge Models.  They are merely predictive models of what they expect to come next in the word/sentence/paragraph based on what it has seen.

this is why AI and how it's being marketed is funny. People don't know what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, caliHORNia said:

100% agree. That said, once these platforms can solve the context window issues it seems like a lot of the rote text work like building a simple crud app, or writing a script to connect to API will be easily generated by an LLM. My guess, purely speculative, is that the lower level software engineers and similar will be replaced by LLM outputs in under 5 years.

To that end, an interesting experiment would be something like: take the last two seasons of articles from one of the $9.95ers, use them to refine one of the existing models, and then feed it game stats and text transcripts of every Texas football related Youtube video. I wonder if it could spit out similar drivel without the overhead of the staff. Make it $8.95... profit.

16 hours ago, immamac said:

this is why AI and how it's being marketed is funny. People don't know what it is. 

What Chat GPT is or isn't is irrelevant to us. It's already made a huge difference in our productivity and is a big help to our business. 

aw c'mon Bard be more fun:

The University of Oklahoma does not prevent the State of Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico. This is a common misconception that is often used as a joke or insult between people from Oklahoma and Texas. There is no evidence to support the claim that the University of Oklahoma has any special powers or abilities that would prevent Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico. In fact, the University of Oklahoma is located in Norman, Oklahoma, which is about 200 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Therefore, it would be physically impossible for the University of Oklahoma to prevent Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico.

The claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico is likely based on the fact that the University of Oklahoma is a land-grant university. Land-grant universities are universities that were established by the United States government in the 19th century to provide education and training in agriculture and the mechanical arts. The University of Oklahoma was founded in 1890 as a land-grant university.

It is possible that the claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico originated as a joke or insult between people from Oklahoma and Texas. The rivalry between Oklahoma and Texas is a long-standing one, and people from both states often enjoy teasing each other. The claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico is one example of this rivalry.

In conclusion, there is no evidence to support the claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents the State of Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico. This is a common misconception that is often used as a joke or insult between people from Oklahoma and Texas.

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

aw c'mon Bard be more fun:

The University of Oklahoma does not prevent the State of Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico. This is a common misconception that is often used as a joke or insult between people from Oklahoma and Texas. There is no evidence to support the claim that the University of Oklahoma has any special powers or abilities that would prevent Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico. In fact, the University of Oklahoma is located in Norman, Oklahoma, which is about 200 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Therefore, it would be physically impossible for the University of Oklahoma to prevent Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico.

The claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico is likely based on the fact that the University of Oklahoma is a land-grant university. Land-grant universities are universities that were established by the United States government in the 19th century to provide education and training in agriculture and the mechanical arts. The University of Oklahoma was founded in 1890 as a land-grant university.

It is possible that the claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico originated as a joke or insult between people from Oklahoma and Texas. The rivalry between Oklahoma and Texas is a long-standing one, and people from both states often enjoy teasing each other. The claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico is one example of this rivalry.

In conclusion, there is no evidence to support the claim that the University of Oklahoma prevents the State of Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico. This is a common misconception that is often used as a joke or insult between people from Oklahoma and Texas.

image.thumb.png.2614ff2a149104123e3a6777a24a10c6.png

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/30/2023 at 3:53 PM, Rio Don said:

100% agree. That said, once these platforms can solve the context window issues it seems like a lot of the rote text work like building a simple crud app, or writing a script to connect to API will be easily generated by an LLM. My guess, purely speculative, is that the lower level software engineers and similar will be replaced by LLM outputs in under 5 years.

To that end, an interesting experiment would be something like: take the last two seasons of articles from one of the $9.95ers, use them to refine one of the existing models, and then feed it game stats and text transcripts of every Texas football related Youtube video. I wonder if it could spit out similar drivel without the overhead of the staff. Make it $8.95... profit.

Its not that far away now, the main thing its missing is it doesn't get updated data for things like this. so its confused about who the current players are, or the year they are playing in 

As the Texas Longhorns continue with their spring practice sessions in 2023, they are working hard to prepare for the upcoming season. The team has undergone significant changes since last year, including the addition of new players and coaching staff.

One of the most significant additions to the Longhorns' roster is quarterback Quinn Ewers, who transferred from Ohio State. Ewers has quickly become a leader on the team, impressing coaches and teammates alike with his skills and work ethic. He has been working closely with offensive coordinator Kyle Flood to learn the new offensive system and develop chemistry with his teammates.

Running back Jonathon Brooks has also been standing out during spring practices. He had a breakout season in 2022 and is expected to be a key player for the Longhorns in 2023. Brooks has been working hard to improve his skills as a runner and receiver, and he has also been working on his pass blocking.

Javion Sweat, a defensive end, has also been making an impact during spring practices. He has been working hard to improve his technique and develop his pass-rushing skills. Sweat is expected to be a key player for the Longhorns' defense in 2023.

On defense, the Longhorns are working hard to adjust to the new scheme implemented by defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski. While they will miss DeMarvion Overshown and Luke Brockermeyer, who have moved on to the NFL, they have several talented players who are stepping up to fill their shoes. Defensive back Darian "D.D." Demery has been leading the secondary and is expected to be a key player for the Longhorns in 2023.

Overall, the Longhorns are making progress during spring practices and are working hard to build a cohesive team that can compete at a high level. With Ewers leading the offense, Brooks leading the rushing attack, and Sweat leading the defense, the Longhorns have a lot of talent and potential. They will continue to work hard in the coming months to prepare for the season ahead.

On 3/28/2023 at 2:30 PM, Trojan Man said:

Should I pick up some consulting contract work and pass off ChatGPT's answers as my own to the client?  I first had this idea in a "haha wouldn't that be a funny episode for a sitcom" sort of way but now I'm starting to seriously consider it.  AI will replace all of our jobs at some point anyways so I might as well use AI to do my job for me before the jig is up.

https://www.theverge.com/23581186/ai-seinfeld-twitch-stream-chatgpt

it uses GPT-3, not sure if they updated to 4?

Nothing, Forever is a show about nothing, that happens forever. Kinda like popular sitcoms of the past, except that it never stops. Nothing, Forever is always-on, runs 365 days of the year, and delivers new content every minute. Everything you see, hear, or experience (with the exception of the artwork and laugh track) is always brand new content, generated via machine learning and AI algorithms.