Texas @ Texas A&M - SEC Network

Horny Bull

Just now, TexArcher said:

There is no such thing as a Texas Aggie.

I can't remember who it was, but when Wescott Eberts went nuts on twitter about "Texas Aggies" there were tons of pics posted from UT media guides, game programs and even your school yearbook that called us Texas Aggies.  Like I said, it's only recent generations that have gotten insecure about that and fussing about it all over social media.  And I can understand that to an extent, they're young and don't know the history of land grant schools and the [fill in the state] Aggies that evolved in normal discourse to identify which state's Aggies you were talking about.

I just love that it bothers you.

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

It really doesn't.

And everyone's aware that there are a bunch of Aggies.  

But there are no Texas Aggies, just as there are no Michigan Spartans.

There are Texas Longhorns and there are Texas A&M Aggies.  Y'all represent one shitty little cowtown and nothing more.

Have a good evening, though.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I can't remember who it was, but when Wescott Eberts went nuts on twitter about "Texas Aggies" there were tons of pics posted from UT media guides, game programs and even your school yearbook that called us Texas Aggies.  Like I said, it's only recent generations that have gotten insecure about that and fussing about it all over social media.  And I can understand that to an extent, they're young and don't know the history of land grant schools and the [fill in the state] Aggies that evolved in normal discourse to identify which state's Aggies you were talking about.

Doesn't bother me. They can call themselves Kings of England for all I care. Especially if they keep fucking up ground balls.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, zlavydra said:

I don't know if this pitcher sucks, but our AB's are so much better than earlier in the year.

I think it is a combination of the two. OSU has some great pitchers I heat so maybe we find out more this weekend in Stillwater.