Texas @ Texas A&M - SEC Network

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, wood said:

Seriously. My ears are still bleeding. Fuck that puto, and Smoltz, too.

Fuck this recent trend of some sports announcers feeling like they have to cram every possible moment of the broadcast with their overrated, self-important opinions about the overall state of whichever sport they're coverage - while saying the least they possibly can about the actual game on the screen. 

Talk about the actual fucking game you're covering, dipshits.

Peterson is better than your average scrub player who can only talk about the 10 minutes he was in the MLB.

Having said that,  Longhorn Network rules.   Longhorn radio broadcast rules.  After that video with the sound off is the way to go.  (this is the same way to watch the L word btw and other shows)

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, petscii said:

Peterson is better than your average scrub player who can only talk about the 10 minutes he was in the MLB

He only pitched 91.2 innings in the majirs which surprised me. He comes across way more pompous than having that brief of a career. 

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Like when they excitedly went to the bottom of the 9th saying “The Aggies can walk it off with just 4 runs!” ? Because I could do without that BS too

So, just double the number of runs they had through 8 innings? 😆 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

TexAgs interviewed Kendall Rogers today on their radio show and he called the loss “alarming” for A&M. Also said Texas is an “average team”.

I think we are average, or maybe a little below average, for a Texas team.  But how can a self-professed college baseball expert who runs a website that publishes power ratings think we are average for D1 college baseball?  I think I know.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I saw that too but it didn't look intentional 

Dude. It doesn't matter. The narrative is they are morally superior to everybody. They already think he is a terrible person just because he took a job here.

I mean sure they can call us names and imply we are all cowards for not fighting in World War II but if a UT alum says 'hi' it will be interpreted to mean he is a terrible piece of crap who doesn't respect Texas A&M.

So don't expect a fair assessment of us to ever come from them. We will never even get their grudging approval. It is just how it works when they all get together to talk about us.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

TexAgs interviewed Kendall Rogers today on their radio show and he called the loss “alarming” for A&M. Also said Texas is an “average team”.

Losing a season series at home to Portland by a combined score of 9-18: Oh well.

Lose to a ranked team that has rattled off 15 in a row: Alarming.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think we are average, or maybe a little below average, for a Texas team.  But how can a self-professed college baseball expert who runs a website that publishes power ratings think we are average for D1 college baseball?  I think I know.

Yeah he clearly knows his audience. He would not say that if he was talking to Zeke and Zonk.

Like Herbstreit calling us a cesspool. Because he totally would have done that if he was in Austin.

In his recent article on D1Baseball he had this to say:

Spoiler

Texas is showing signs of turning the corner … The Longhorns were down and out after looking rough at the College Baseball Showdown in Arlington and struggling in a weekend series against Cal State Fullerton. However, David Pierce’s club has looked much different over the past couple of weeks, winning 15-straight after ending a recent skid against rival Texas A&M. A big reason for the sudden rise is increased contributions from a host of guys, including Peyton Powell and outfielders Eric Kennedy and Porter Brown. Powell is this year’s ‘out of nowhere’ player for the Longhorns. He hit .250 in extremely limited action last season, but so far this season, the talented slugger is hitting .397 with five home runs and 19 RBIs, along with a 1.185 OPS. As for Kennedy, he is hitting for much more power this spring with seven home runs and a .356 average, while Brown has turned the corner at the plate, hitting .356 with seven doubles, six home runs and 25 RBIs. We’ll see how the Longhorns navigate a tough schedule this weekend at scary Oklahoma State.

The Big 12 title race is very much wide open … Oklahoma State looks like the surest bet to be a College World Series team despite losing a series in Lubbock a couple of weeks ago. But outside of the Cowboys, what to think about the Big 12 Conference? I still think Texas Tech will be Texas Tech by season’s end even with a lackluster performance in Austin this past weekend, while TCU, if it can get healthy, can be an elite team. We’ve seen the Frogs show flashes of that at times this season. There’s also West Virginia, which has a solid one-two punch on the mound and one of the nation’s premier hitters in JJ Wetherholt. However, it has yet to play a conference game. And finally, there are teams like Texas, Oklahoma and maybe even Kansas State. Texas has played much better as of late, but we’ll see if that latest run has staying power, OU needs some drastic improvements, but perhaps it is going to go on the same run it did last season? And lastly, K-State has played better as of late. But if I’m being honest, I’m not buying that stock just yet. All this means is total carnage in the Big 12 over the next couple of months. Buckle up.

He is clearly in a wait and see mode with us and hasn't concluded we are "average" at this point. That is not what he really thinks. Something about talking to TexAgs or being in that environment gets these guys to feed the A&M monster for some reason.

Yes I know Kendall is "one of them" but I have never thought he was unfair in his assessments of our teams.

Just now, markstanco said:

Losing a season series at home to Portland by a combined score of 9-18: Oh well.

Lose to a ranked team that has rattled off 15 in a row: Alarming.

Or, you know, starting the SEC conference season 1-5.

53 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He only pitched 91.2 innings in the majirs which surprised me. He comes across way more pompous than having that brief of a career.

Yep. 5-9 and a 4.71 ERA tends to result in brief careers. Way more pomp than his resume warrants, to be sure.

9 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. 5-9 and a 4.71 ERA tends to result in brief careers. Way more pomp than his resume warrants, to be sure.

I believe Peterson's claim to fame is being on the Stanford college world series team(s) which is why he is a college baseball analyst.    He's not Quan Cosby doing baseball games.  

1 hour ago, wood said:

Seriously. My ears are still bleeding. Fuck that puto, and Smoltz, too.

Fuck this recent trend of some sports announcers feeling like they have to cram every possible moment of the broadcast with their overrated, self-important opinions about the overall state of whichever sport they're coverage - while saying the least they possibly can about the actual game on the screen. 

Talk about the actual fucking game you're covering, dipshits.

right GIF by Shock Top

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Nothing like a little aggy butthurt to confirm that the sun came up again today. Per always, trying to divert the focus to something other than their own wretched performance. 

God I love aggy tears. You absolutely know that Dbag Schloss is still super pissed right now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

my favorite part of the broadcast was the announcing crew mentioning that pretty much every other SEC ballpark had some sort of major upgrade in the last few years, and that the plans for aggie were "going to be beautiful" here, and how they were going to still implement the train in the ballpark how great it was going to look.

and all I could think was how in the holy fuck are they going to pay for it???

They are still reeling from the additional millions from the Kyle Field addon like 10 years ago, they are paying their incompetent head football coach another $70 million dollars over the next 7 years no matter if hes coach or not, and their last 3 years public finance records show them not collecting a huge amount of money.  

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Dude. It doesn't matter. The narrative is they are morally superior to everybody. They already think he is a terrible person just because he took a job here.

I mean sure they can call us names and imply we are all cowards for not fighting in World War II but if a UT alum says 'hi' it will be interpreted to mean he is a terrible piece of crap who doesn't respect Texas A&M.

So don't expect a fair assessment of us to ever come from them. We will never even get their grudging approval. It is just how it works when they all get together to talk about us.

Oh the irony... Schloss goes on TV and shits on LBJ, but Pierce is really the bad guy? There myopic blindness never ceases to amaze.

david byrne dancing GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

How was the experience? Could you find the stadium ok or did you need help from some friendly locals to guide you there? I'm sure it was the greatest college baseball environment you've ever encountered, right?

Their fans are so enormously friendly that it was hard for me to find the will to cuss out elderly grandmothers, chuck d cell batteries at their heads, and slash their tires in the parking lot.

But because I am a true Longhorn I found the will to uphold all of our longstanding traditions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

He held on longer than anyone should have before he drop gomer out of his top 25. As mentioned, the Portland series... What was Kendall's tweet again? "Ags look to take game 3 from Portland" and everyone piled on "more like Ags trying to avoid sweep". 

Kendall does good getting college baseball out to the masses, but he does hold dear his aggies and the SEC. 

He's also quick to tweet a Texas loss and hard to find when Texas wins. He can say what he wants, but that's a hard pill to swallow for him, ranking Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Dewey said:

He held on longer than anyone should have before he drop gomer out of his top 25. As mentioned, the Portland series... What was Kendall's tweet again? "Ags look to take game 3 from Portland" and everyone piled on "more like Ags trying to avoid sweep". 

Kendall does good getting college baseball out to the masses, but he does hold dear his aggies and the SEC. 

He's also quick to tweet a Texas loss and hard to find when Texas wins. He can say what he wants, but that's a hard pill to swallow for him, ranking Texas.

He's clickbait.  His entire existence is to drive traffic to his site.  He's destroyed message forums going back 20+ years.  He's done this twice to thriving communities. 

So of course he's going to put stupid shit in tweets.

40 minutes ago, petscii said:

He's destroyed message forums going back 20+ years.

Wut?  He was on OB a good while as I recall.

I don't really pay attention to him anymore, but in the past he's been pretty balanced and certainly unafraid to give us props when deserved.

Like others, I suspect getting dipped in the moron stew that is texags caused a lapse.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wut?  He was on OB a good while as I recall.

I don't really pay attention to him anymore, but in the past he's been pretty balanced and certainly unafraid to give us props when deserved.

Like others, I suspect getting dipped in the moron stew that is texags caused a lapse.

Back in the day we all met on rec.sports.baseball.college for free.   He got everyone to move to rivals/forums, and got people to pay, then abandoned that for another pay site perfect game?, before settling on d1baseball.com

I don't begrudge what he's done but he simply monetized college baseball for himself and has not created that much value in return.

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, petscii said:

Back in the day we all met on rec.sports.college.baseball for free.   He got everyone to move to rivals/forums, and got people to pay, then abandoned that for another pay site, before settling on d1baseball.com

Yeah well they don't have forums on D1Baseball so he cannot hurt anybody anymore.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 83Horn said:

What a classless, overrated sack of shit.  I don't think I've ever seen or heard a head coach of a D1 program, or any other level for that matter, openly berate the abilities of an opposing player; especially when that opposing player's team is in the process of kicking that coach's ass.  Any a-holes on here who were saying that Texas should have hired him instead of DP can choke on a fat one.

Seriously.  Schlossnagle is fucking jackass.  Somebody should call him out over that shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

He’s a sensitive MORON OUT when you call him out on his bias. He literally responded back within 30 seconds to me a couple yrs ago when I mentioned it. Surprised he didn’t BLOCK me like that cunt Tim Brando …
  • Hook 'Em 1

I know it worked last season but I can’t stand Schloss’s offensive approach. His entire approach is to pray pitchers can’t find the zone and work a bunch of walks. 

If you get upset at watching hitters take strikes (especially strike 3) that aggy team would drive you crazy. I get being patient at the plate but they take it to an extreme. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Seriously.  Schlossnagle is fucking jackass.  Somebody should call him out over that shit.

Those comments back up his bitch ass offensive philosophy. He essentially wants hitters to sit in the box and take strikes. His entire philosophy is built on college pitchers not being able to throw strikes.

Its not surprising at all that several of their hitters have regressed from last year. Teams have realized if you just throw strikes they will take them. 

• Hook 'Em 1