2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Since last year I nailed like 9 out of 13 or something on the first page here goes again…

-Over on 97.5 wins and I cash my ticket. I wanted to say 110 with an outside chance at an all time record but we are just too hurt. 

-win the division by 10 and have the best record in the AL

- team MVP… Kyle Tucker- who finishes 6th in MVP balloting. 

-Team MVP pitching- Javier. He finishes 3rd in the Cy Young balloting. Framber keeps it going and finishes top 10

-ROY- Hunter Brown. Y Diaz gets some shine 

- Altuve comes back 7/1/23 and is… fine. 
-Alvarez missed a bunch of games and takes a step back from last year as he plays less than 120 games. 
-Bregman makes an all star game. 
-Abreu plays 140 games we actually rest him and invent an injury excuse at one point in time to keep him from wearing out. 
-Forest Whitley comes up in July and is a bullpen weapon. 
-Maldy gets hurt and Lee plays a bunch of games in the second half. In a shock to most Astros fans the team is still really good at pitching even without the magical mystical Maldonado as a pitcher whisperer. Lee strikes out almost as much as Maldonado did. Meanwhile Contreras is an All Star and Brantley is blah and I point out at least three times too many that we could have had him for the price of Maldy and Brantley. 
-Dusty does 3 things a week that make mathematicians weep. @Hank Chinaskisnd I have to keep reminding each other it doesn’t really matter. 
-Astros win 102. I have no idea what happens in the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My 5 safe predictions:

One of Bregman, Yordan, or Tucker finish in the top 5 of the AL MVP voting.

One of Framber, Javier, or Garcia finish in the top 5 of AL CY voting.

One of Brown, Diaz, or Hensley finish in the top 5 of the AL ROY voting.

Astros win the AL West.

One of Abreu, Altuve, or Brantley will play less than 50 games.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

My 5 safe predictions:

One of Bregman, Yordan, or Tucker finish in the top 5 of the AL MVP voting.

One of Framber, Javier, or Garcia finish in the top 5 of AL CY voting.

One of Brown, Diaz, or Hensley finish in the top 5 of the AL ROY voting.

Astros win the AL West.

One of Abreu, Altuve, or Brantley will play less than 50 games.

Yeah I don’t care for that last prediction. 

My prediction:

I’ll make some asinine post comparing this year’s team to some shitty Astros team from years past, like how I astutely compared last year’s team to the 2006 Astros.

Let’s ruin everybody else’s entire goddamned summer and fall and win the whole goddamned thing again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

weird that Mark Wahlberg is doing the Lets Play Ball call.  I know him and Bregman are in cahoots together and he said he was "rooting" for us last playoffs, but that dude is as Boston as they come.  

Anyway, yall say hi to your mother for me 

I implore those who feel the need to post in the Yankee threads to refrain. It is an open invitation to He Who Shall Not Be Named to venture in here. If you stay away, he will be talking to himself. Of course, the MLB thread is fair game. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The last World Series I bought the WS ring paper weight, 100% I’m buying another one.

what are you buying ?

I'm going to the game on Friday, so I'll get a replica WS trophy.

In addition to a few hats and t-shirts, and hoodies I bought after we won and the photobook I bought at Fan Fest, I already ordered a gold program hat. I'll probably breakdown and buy one of the jerseys, I also want one of the We Want Houston gold baseballs. I'll might eBay a WS replica ring at some point, but I'll probably wait to see if I end up making it to a game where one is a SGA. I've also been searching for a low profile version of the road hats with the orange bill. I'll grab one of those from the team store on Friday if they have one. 

In the afterglow of game 6, I ordered autographed Pressly and Abreu baseballs. Javier and Montero are signing at a show in April, so I will probably go and then buy a 4-ball 2022 WS Champs case and display all the pitchers from the combined no-hitter. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'm going to the game on Friday, so I'll get a replica WS trophy.

In addition to a few hats and t-shirts, and hoodies I bought after we won and the photobook I bought at Fan Fest, I already ordered a gold program hat. I'll probably breakdown and buy one of the jerseys, I also want one of the We Want Houston gold baseballs. I'll might eBay a WS replica ring at some point, but I'll probably wait to see if I end up making it to a game where one is a SGA. I've also been searching for a low profile version of the road hats with the orange bill. I'll grab one of those from the team store on Friday if they have one. 

In the afterglow of game 6, I ordered autographed Pressly and Abreu baseballs. Javier and Montero are signing at a show in April, so I will probably go and then buy a 4-ball 2022 WS Champs case and display all the pitchers from the combined no-hitter. 

For $180 you can try your luck at getting all 4 on the same ball lol 

https://shop.tristarproductions.com/tristar-hidden-treasures-autographed-baseball-houston-2022-champions